Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Round 3 Trades

Plenty to think about here.

Obviously Hoskin-Elliott, McGrath, Marchbank, Witts, Houston et al. have been impressive and may need to be brought in, especially with some rookies struggling.

Guys like Mitchell, Merrett and Rockliff are starting to look like RDT must-haves. SC there's more options for me so opportunities will come with a bad score from someone.

Personally for RDT, I need to decide whether I can afford to miss WHE to trade McCarthy and Ryder for Houston and Tom Mitchell (bearing in mind that brings a forward rookie on field, and pushes SPP or Swallow to the bench).

SC will be a much simpler double rookie fix which I'll work through after teams.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 3 Trades

I am fairly happy with my team, except the rucks, going to lose 30-40pts a week in the rucks having Sandilands I feel.
    Not sure I have anyone to get rid of for WHE, the forwards are all showing just enough to keep for me.

3. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Pittard is really close to returning this week for the showdown. This will test Houston's long term JS IMO as he was the player IMO who came in for him.

A few nice selection headaches for Hinkley to have atm.

5. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My SC is pretty simple in bringing in WHE and then judging the best M/F rookie for J Smith and next week I can pull a Hibberd > Newman next week.

My RDT is a bit tougher. Probably taking McGrath and then reassessing my other options.

Otten's promising performance on the weekend and Kelly's stinker has given me confidence that Kelly is the one to get kicked to the curb for Lever who should be back this week after a great performance in the SANFL trial on the weekend.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

SC and RDT: For me McCarthy will come out for Hoskin Elliott
    SC: If Goldy isn't up then I will trade him to Gawn or someone as well

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feel like my teams aren't even that bad yet the rank says something else.

Am I the only one with Hall or did anyone else take the gamble? Am considering giving him the flick tbh. Round 1 he managed to post 109 against Brisbane which included 2 goals with his 25 touches. Against GWS he only had 19 touches and ended on 75 DT and with his 40something SC, I imagine he really sucked with ball in hand. I saw a bit of the Brisbane game but to be fair, I found it hard to get a good feel of his role, kept getting him and Miller confused (can only tell with the knee bandage). Wondering if his role isn't as great with Lyons, Barlow, Swallow, Ablett and Miller now all getting a arun through the midfield. If anyone has paid closer attention, would love to hear their opinions on him.

Speaking of GC, thoughts on Bowes? Was a shit scorer in the pre season although many on here thought the role he'd be in would return a decent fantasy score yet he's gone at just 46 and 40 in his first two games and is set to make just 16k this week. Depending on the moves I make, am considering just giving him the flick.

Anyone know why Steele posted such a low score on the weekend? I'm currently looking at moving Roughead but Steele is now averaging slightly less and is expected to fall 1.9k in cash. I think I'll hold, but I am curious as to what happened. According to Dream-Stats his quarter by quarter scoring was 1, 12, 20, 21 so he really struggled to get going in the first half.

Players of interest:

Murphy - Long time say no to Murphy bandwagon however he's posted scores of 139 and 125 in his first two games to give hi ma breakeven of -12. Priced rather cheap, apparently his first pre season since 2011, I could understand him as an option this time around. Cripps potentially missing may hurt should anyone wish to tag a Carlton player. I haven't seen much of Carlton so I can't comment on how he's looked.

Oliver - Someone I gave no thought and I doubt I'd grab him but he's killing it after two games with scores of 122 and 135 to give him a breakeven of -39.

WHE - Will obviously be a popular option given he's only ~260k, has a breakeven of -81 and his first two scores have been 95 and 124.

Witts - Kills me to say it, but he's looking like a good pick for those that picked him. Was a bargin in SC, no idea what his scores have been in that comp (I know they've been decent) but he's scored 104 and 90 in DT to give him a breakeven of -40.

Marchbank - Really picking up from where he left off in the pre season. Scores of 78 and 80 in his first two games and a breakeven of -31. Wish I picked him and would love to get him but I feel I'll prioritize others ahead of him for trades this week.

9. Likes Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Anyone know why Steele posted such a low score on the weekend? I'm currently looking at moving Roughead but Steele is now averaging slightly less and is expected to fall 1.9k in cash. I think I'll hold, but I am curious as to what happened. According to Dream-Stats his quarter by quarter scoring was 1, 12, 20, 21 so he really struggled to get going in the first half.
    Is much better suited to Etihad (doesn't leave Victoria until the byes now and majority of games at Etihad ) as he is a tackling machine.

I only watched the first half where he was quite unlucky. Gave a ripper tackle, should have been holding the ball (WCE player ducked into him) and ump paid high. Had one kick which ended up being a clanger. Had 51% tog in the first half and was on -3SC at QT and 13SC at half time. Really unsure why such terrible TOG early (I assumed he was injured when the TOG kept dropping) but was pleasantly surprised to check the scores after the game to see he at least salvaged 65SC (41 DT / 52SC 2nd half.)

I am extremely confident he's going to have some ripper scores coming up, starting with Lions at Etihad this week
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Fair few trades posted just seems like people burning trades because it's Round 3.

Guys like Bowes, SPS, GHS Parfitt, Pickett etc. are still going to make money next week, all it takes is one good score and their cash generation is away. Not the first and certainly won't be the last rookies to underwhelm fantasy-wise in their first few games, considering their pedigree (the first two especially) it really wouldn't take much for that to become a wasted trade. I'm not suggesting all will turn out good, but if they continue to get named at the very least hold them and trade the worst out to Newman/Hayward etc. next week.

Steele scored well in his first game, has Brisbane next and won't play on Subi Oval again for the rest of the season. Roughy two games back after a year out with cancer of course he's not going to be hitting 90s straight-away - he's got GC next week so why even consider it?

Guys like Merrett, Rockliff, Titch and to some extent Danger if there's anyone on here who didn't take him - sure they're looking fantastic but they will be cheaper at some point in the season, I don't see much point trading slightly underperforming midfield premiums to them at this stage.

WHE; I was all set to take him last week, but I'm concerned about Elliot & Greenwood coming back this week and then Wells the week after. Witts is a solid pick, Nankervis looks a must have in SC but likely passable in RDT.

If you look back in hindsight on the best moves to make pre-Round 3 it's getting on the right mid pricers and restructuring to get the right rookies on the field.

Guys like Oliver, Murphy, Yeo, Higgins, Salem etc. , no doubt come Round 22 there'll be a couple of those guys that everyone wished they traded in. And there'll be a couple of those who turn out like Zaharakis last year where you spend the rest of the season wondering why the **** they're in your team Therein lies the challenge.

We saw with a number of players this week that flicking rookies around on the basis of a couple of scores is a fairly high risk low reward way of using trades. At least with those mid pricers it's high-risk high reward, none of these rookie types look like scoring 70+ except the ones that everyone already has so really what's the point.
    Last edited by hedgehog; 4th April 2017 at 12:00 AM.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

12. Likes KFC, Hodges, Notorious_29, Nothing, Athomas, Wheedus liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Guys like Oliver, Murphy, Yeo, Higgins, Salem etc. , no doubt come Round 22 there'll be a couple of those guys that everyone wished they traded in. And there'll be a couple of those who turn out like Zaharakis last year where you spend the rest of the season wondering why the **** they're in your team Therein lies the challenge.
    Great post.

In Sportsdeck, if Steven wasn't injured I wouldn't be considering those high mid-priced sub-premiums. Assuming he misses, then I think it's worth going down to try and get a flier and using the cash to move in WHE, who I think will be likely to burn me.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

I've started off with Armitage in RDT will he be back this week ? If so I'll hold onto him not to sure what his injury was.....

I also have Joel Smith on the bench so maybe a sideways move to Newman next week could happen.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenwood and Elliot both listed as Test on the injury list. Updates starting to come in today. (Relevant to WHE)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Pittard also some chance to return this week. (Houston)

16. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Riewoldt - Knee - Test

@dylan123

18. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post

@dylan123
    Looking good.

Read on bigfooty from a hawk supporter who posted on the St.Kilda board with some injury updates. Said on Friday that physically, Riewoldt should be good to go, so just a matter of whether the club choses to hold him out one more week.

Hopefully they name him this week!

20. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Looking good.

Read on bigfooty from a hawk supporter who posted on the St.Kilda board with some injury updates. Said on Friday that physically, Riewoldt should be good to go, so just a matter of whether the club choses to hold him out one more week.

Hopefully they name him this week!
    Arghh...i knew i shoulda held him, why couldn't have Butler posted a 75 or something and make me comfortable to hold. Macrae better start tonning up a lot.

Also my RDT trades depend on if Stevens is named or not, but very keen to grab WHE and have Bowes/GHS in the gun, but as hedge as nicely pointed out it could just be wasting trades for the sake of it...

Sandi -> Witts also on my radar, but don't feel fantastic about it
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post

@dylan123
    Done some further reading today, I get a feeling he's going to miss again.

Reading the bigfooty board, this was the post I first saw which was posted Friday night by a Hawks supporter -

Freeman will play next week, finally found something that may help his hamstring

Nick is right to go next week physically, club may hold him back to be cautious, but he could certainly play

Just an fyi
    https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...#post-49410018

Looking at posts from the preview thread today -
    Cant see Roo playing the clip they showed of him at training today kicking a ball wasn't good he looked in pain
    His dad said on Sunday it will be another week or two.
    Cox sounded more confident than not with Roo/Armo I thought in a way they both definitely play..
    I just saw the vision of Nick kicking at training, he won't, and if he does he shouldn't be. Looked very very proppy
    Honestly don't know why they'd rush Roo back to training, he looked terrible.

Wait and see but from what was said in that thread, not so confident he gets up this week although I suppose he's still got another 5 days before St.Kilda play.

23. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post