Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 2 Trades

The run and carry from Milera and Cameron was spectacular to watch.

Can't see Otten holding his spot for long
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post

Yep I'd say there's a good chance he's gone this week for Lever (is Lever ready?)
    Either way it's a matter of when not if imo!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thinking of Smith to Hannan, would prefer to give Butler another week.

DT may be Hamnebery to Heppell and Smith to McGrath.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was zero defensive pressure from GWS's forward and midfield. Every time Adelaide got the ball in their back line they just ran it out with ease, guys like Cameron, Milera, Atkins lapped it up. Hampton just seemed to get by-passed in a lot of the chains going forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifelike_ View Post
    Thinking of Smith to Hannan, would prefer to give Butler another week.

DT may be Hamnebery to Heppell and Smith to McGrath.
    Stick with Hanners I reckon. Don't jump ship yet. Watched the full game, it was tough, greasy conditions, not great for scoring. He didn't really find any space either. Better conditions snore suited to a running game and he'll be back.

My focus is draft league (again) this year. Have Walters and Savage as my third forward and back (only field 3 forwards and 3 backs) who put in stinkers on the weekend. Are they worth holding or should I ship them off while I have a decent waiver position? Appreciated!

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty happy with everything enough to hold in RDT. Have Smith at D8 but a sideways trade there isn't exactly a pressing issue until more is known (don't exactly have any other option screaming 'pick me' that I don't have there anyway).

SC is looking more rookie fix up but happy to have another look this week before price changes. Have $100k spare there and am pretty rustled with this comp as I was stung with the same saving glitch twice in one weekend (not sure if it was human error on my part or something legitimately wrong). Tried to bring in Hoskin Elliott 10 mins before lockout on Friday nights game but it didn't save & now I'm stuck with that Tarantula dude from GWS. Then Saturday night tried to trade Hibberd to McGrath, halfway through the Essendon game I notice no McGrath
    The eBert era is over

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Cheers all, good to hear he was solid still. Wouldn't think that Adelaide will be forcing changes this week given that kind of result!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Anyone who watched the Crows game, how did Hampton look? Just a quiet game or was his role/performance bad. Basically I've structured him as a starter and just want to confirm he remains as such?
    Hampton will stay as I don't really think there's much competition for his position at the very moment. And since you missed the game, I feel like you should know that he was part of the initial GWS squad as they felt necessary to mention at least 3 times during the broadcast.

Struggled to make an impact for the first 3 quarters although he did a couple of nice things in that time. In the final quarter he really got going and I like his will to take the game on, almost in a couple of plays where he could have done a lot by GWS just happened to have a man well placed but Hampton was able to move it up the chain for us to finish. Not a great game by him but he showed some nice signs in the final quarter, would want to lift though.

SANFL team played a practice match on the weekend, Wigg had 28 touches, Greenwood had 25 and Lever at 19. Thompson played yet only had 14 touches and Brad Crouch didn't play.

I think we make two changes -

Tex and Lever to come in, at least one of Otten/Kelly to miss. The second player to miss becomes a little harder as Knight was able to perform with chipping in 2 goals and doing some nice things around the ground. Menzel also played higher than I expected and I was impressed with his attack on the ball. McGovern is actually a chance ot miss as I think he got concussed at the end from a friendly Menzel hip and off the back of a 6 day break, it might be the safe move.

McGovern was fantastic though I should say, his ability to leap in the air is amazing, really takes the ball up high which makes it insanely hard for the defenders and he's very agile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post

We've lost a lot of inside work but with the likes of Atkins, Cameron, Milera all stepping up with class we gained more than we lost. Heck, even Mackay had one of the best games I've seen him play, he was actually damaging with the ball.

Milera though... so much composure and class for a 20 year old with less than 10 games under his belt. He just doesn't panic, takes his time and probably the player I feel the most comfortable with out of our whole side with ball in hand. He'll have up and down weeks throughout the year but he's a very exciting prospect, really looking forward to watching how his career develops.

Otten definitely under hot water along with Kelly though. He played alright defensively considering he was manning Lobb for a bit, his lack of speed showed a couple of times but so did his ability to read the play for our benefit. Kelly struggled with his disposal and was costly with a couple of touches.

9. Likes Big Sledge #32, Hodges, Wogitalia, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For those that kept Swallow :-

Fantasy Freako‏ @FantasyFreako 18h18 hours ago

David Swallow is "touch and go" for next round after injuring his ankle at training.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't have Swallow in RDT but bailed on him in SC. It's always a worry when a guy has missed so much footy with an ankle injury and then you see him listed as missing due to an ankle. Raises huge alarm bells for mine.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nRoo listed as 2-4 weeks on the official injury list.

Gotta trade for mine, can always get him back in if he comes back strongly.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Trading Swallow
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

holding swallow, because its structure altering. need 1 more week
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    I think they said 1-2 for Volt. Who knows how he returns though.

I've got Smith, will likely hold. I might EMG Hampton and if Hampton goes under 40, trade Smith to Stewart.
    I can't realistically see Hampton going below 40. He played a fair bit below my expectation and still scored 66/50. Should beat that next game. Maybe not DT, but SC will be higher.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    I can't realistically see Hampton going below 40. He played a fair bit below my expectation and still scored 66/50. Should beat that next game. Maybe not DT, but SC will be higher.
    Oh I agree, but no harm in EMG'ing him and playing Smith assuming he goes 40+., doesn't cost me anything haha. Hence very unlikely I'll be trading this round
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter