Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 1 2017

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Just on the roles of JJ, M.Boyd, Murphy and Suckling. From last year to this, we're missing Dickson, C.Smith and Dunkley and have brought in Murphy and Suckling. With that current balance we have too many HBF players and too few HFF players, so each of them rotated to the wing and HFF at times during the game. If the current lineup stays the same, I would expect that to continue in future games, however, if and when Dickson and Smith come back in, the HBF's will probably then stay HBF/wing rather than pushing to HFF.
    Was noteworthy though for mine that I don't reckon the Dogs are even sure of who their best group is. Normally you'd pick one guy and get him into the role and let the others be a bit more stable. Worth watching, could be a case where Boyd/JJ have a quiet game or two up forward and then when those names do return and they pick a more stable back six they might be very good as an upgrade target.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    From what I saw Treloar picked up a lot of cheapies, had little impact on the game for mine.
    He had a fair few "cheapies" but he also had 11CP, 6 clearances and a pretty important goal, would have a few score assists as well from what I saw as well as a bunch of I50s. I don't think it was a phenomenal game but it certainly felt like a 1:1 game to me.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    From what I saw Treloar picked up a lot of cheapies, had little impact on the game for mine.
    yep and still butchered it, 55% by foot, I'd imagine that hurt his score, worst of all midfielders.

didn't think much of both teams last night, Dogs did enough to win and made it count off turnovers from Collingwood.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No changes Syd v Port

Stk: McCartin out, Lonie in; Melb: No change.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Swallow out for GC!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you win some and lose some. Avoided Joel Smith but it looks like NRoo might be out for a while.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only just realised Swallow didn't play. Did anyone actually trade him out?

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't. Wanted to see the rookie landscape before making a decision . Had SPP as emergency so I am ok with that.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    I didn't. Wanted to see the rookie landscape before making a decision . Had SPP as emergency so I am ok with that.
    Yep when Pickett is your emergency you just thank god that the two games managed to fix the massive error that had the game locked out 40 minutes before it started.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Sydney Swans vs Port Adelaide...

Sydney - They were dreadful. Were second to the contest all day, just didn't show up and didn't want to get their hands dirty out there. Was just a really poor performance and I have real fear of a non-premiership hangover based on how they played. The only saving grace is how bad we've been early in seasons in recent times but we were just beaten in about every facet by a team that were pretty unimpressive themselves. Really worrying game.

JPK - Had a really poor game by his standards which makes his score, quite simply, amazing. I was shocked he had a positive ratio as he was burning the ball all day, he cost us a solid 4 shots at goal with just brutal miskicks, one where Florent was out by 50m on everyone with an overlap extra man all the way to the goal square where he missed him by a good 30m and the ball rolled out of bounds, I have no idea how he only had 2 clangers, maybe because I also have no idea how he had 19CP, this felt like a golden ticket game where they just hit the CP button for all his possessions because he was slow with the ball. Was comfortably one of the worst games I've seen him play. If you picked him you'd have to be delighted with how well he scored though and it's probably a pretty damn good sign for his season. I will say that he worked hard but he just didn't seem on, but the whole team didn't.

Franklin - Was brilliant, there was a light drizzle for a bit in the 3rd quarter and he just looked like he was playing in the dry. One of the better games he's played for Sydney made even more impressive when you consider how incredibly bad his service was, I'd guess that just about every one of his marks was contested and that probably 3/4 of them were to his disadvantage, that's how well he played. If you picked him his personal form would be an incredible result, the teams form though has me really worried because I don't think Port are a good side and we still were pantsed in the midfield.

Parker - Just didn't make enough contests, was one of our better players at the contest when he was there but it felt a lot like Cripps' game to me, he just wasn't making as many efforts or making as many contests as I'm used to from him. He also was butchering it as well. Think he can be an upgrade target if he has a few games like this.

Jones - Was excellent in the first half, like everyone he butchered it, but at least he took some risks and ran and carried and his butchering was trying to hit a target rather than just kicking it as long and high as possible. Then for some inane reason he was moved to a back pocket for the 3rd quarter as Port got thoroughly on top in the middle. Horse just baffles me with his ability to consistently undermine this squads talent, I'm pretty sure when I'm on my deathbed that I'll still hate him as the coach who manages to win one flag with a list that probably should have 3 or 4 by now, if we'd had a semi-competent coach I just would love to have seen what this list could have done... Moved back into the midfield for the start of the 4th, we got back on top (though kicking inside 50 killed any chance of actually scoring from it...), for mine he was our best midfielder by a mile today though it was a genuine race to the bottom for the most part.

Lloyd - Had the role you'd want if picking him, weather didn't suit him at all as he's completely uncontested and mark based so it really dried up for him when it got wet. God he was exposed though, my count was a good 3 or 4 goals that his immense softness caused us. There was one play where he ran at Polec's right foot and then basically fell over when an opponent came near as Polec obviously turned left (as possibly the most one footed player in the league...) and strolled in for as easy a goal as you could kick. Still, he was far from our worst but the worry is if he gets exposed like that defensively consistently he will have to go back to the wing, teams didn't attack him last year so he was able to flourish down back but if teams are going to expose him like that it will be a massive issue and on the wing he's really struggled to score because he lacks any real defining ability to get the ball.

Sam Reid - Was great to see him back, even better for him to play so well. Same as Buddy, wouldn't surprise me at all if every mark he took was contested because the delivery was just disgusting. He took some outstanding marks and kicked the ball excellently, was 2nd only to Buddy for mine of the Swans, really, really good game. If the midfield can show up and play remotely close to last year and Reid can play to anywhere near that level we're going to be very hard to beat.

Naismith/Tippett - Genuine ruck share going on here, I actually thought Naismith was one of our better players, he was certainly the most consistent applier of pressure in our midfield (which is disgusting) and he held his own against Ryder for the most part. Tippett was solid without really doing much to stand out. Reckon this is our best ruck pair though but I'd like to see more of Tippett forward and Naismith rucking instead of the 50/50 split because Tippett is a far better forward and Naismith is at least as good a ruckman.

Mills - Port put a lot of work into him, was tightly manned and they did everything they could to force him to kick sideways, mostly to Lloyd who just doesn't have any real penetration in his game, and it was a super effective tactic. If teams have half a brain they'll be forward tagging him because we looked completely impotent rebounding from defensive 50 with him shut down and Port's I50 kicking was every bit as bad as ours so it's not like we lacked in chances to mount rebound attacks but with Mills being nullified it was just noticeable that we had long bomb or sideways into trouble as our options, we never managed to get Mills brilliant ability to turn and dash into the corridor going. Kid is special though, he just doesn't miss targets very often, even sideways he was silky.

Foote - Looked completely out of his depth to me, will probably get a few chances, especially with Robinson injured, but if we had anyone to bring in he'd be dropped by me. Fumbled it almost every single time he went near it, apparently his DE was 50% but I don't remember him hitting a single target all game (I assume it was just long kicks to packs...). Haven't seen a lot of him but based on that game I just fail to see how a guy like Brandon Jack, who at least brings speed, isn't offering more or how Hayward who looked very promising in the preseason doesn't bring more to the equation. Hopefully he can be a lot better next week if he plays again. Had one of the most generous ratios I've seen at 58:37, honestly.

Hanners - Copped a few knocks but was completely off the boil all game. His kicking was as bad as its ever been, his hands were just completely off, just not clean at all and fumbling everything. I want to say that it was a few early big knocks that he was slow getting up from but it was worrying as he didn't do much in the NAB cup either. Will be watching closely, maybe he's that rare athlete who is just better if they drink than the whole abstinence thing... It's funny, he almost felt like he was better than the other mids because he wasn't getting the ball, such was the overall picture...

Florent - Was really impressive, was about the only player in the side outside Buddy and Jones (who just can't kick unfortunately) to lower his eyes and try and hit targets. His workrate is outstanding, both in pressure acts and running to space and unfortunately he was just completely torched by his senior teammates time and time again, if the midfielders could kick you could add a good 30 points because there were 5 or 6 times he had a paddock and they couldn't even get it to him. I was super happy with his game and if he can keep playing like that he's going to make it very hard on Papley to get back in the team.

Port -
    It was one of the most unimpressive impressive games I've seen. They smashed Sydney at the contest and that was the impressive part, they were quite possibly worse by foot than Sydney though which is just absurd to imagine. Basically these two teams looked worse than Carlton and Richmond in every way except that Port were bringing pressure and it was wet so you can kind of excuse it. Ultimately they took advantage of Sydney's errors and got a lot of easy shots at goal and they thoroughly outmanoeuvred Sydney, I don't know if it was a deliberate game plan on Mills or not but to me it seemed that they clearly identified him as our linchpin without McVeigh and they just took him out of the game. They kicked some beautiful long goals as well which were a massive difference in the game.

Ebert - Was everywhere, especially in the 3rd when the game was won, he butchered it plenty but he always does that and he just kept making contests and impacting them. I'm not brave enough but his role seemed more midfield to me than the past couple of years (always thought that them pushing him out of the midfield has been a decent part of their decline the past couple of years). Just doesn't shirk any contests, not the most talented guy but he just changes the dynamic because you get elite spread and elite contest, if he could kick at even a slightly above average level he'd be among the games better players.

Wines - Was a beast also, especially early when he was holding them in the game. Looks ready to take the step many expected last year and just bullied Sydney's midfielders with intensity. He also butchered it just about every time but he willed himself to the next contest and the next contest and the next and kept impacting them and driving it forward. Absolutely on the watch list.

Boak - Was an interesting game from him, seemed to be forward a lot again, like last year, and was very outside as well. He also butchered it an awful lot but he kicked a couple of good and important goals and was super physical, especially when he just bounced off Parkers bump (why he was bumping is a whole different story...) and slotted as easy a goal as you could get from that point.

Wingard - He played higher to me but was one of the few guys who used the ball decently and his finishing in front of the sticks stood out. If Port are going to play that hard then he's absolutely in my sights as well.

Hartlett - Was solid but not in an ideal role still and just went missing for large chunks as he tends to do. Worth watching but not high on the radar right now. His goal to seal the game though was insane, it was like a 65m tracer bullet.

Ryder - Could have had a much bigger game, especially in SC, if he had kicked even somewhat decently. Missed one goal completely and another badly for a point, and burned the ball like he was playing for Sydney except if he was playing for Sydney he would have kicked it to Port players... Ruck touch was great, rest of his game looked like a guy who missed a year which is fair enough. Think if you picked him that you'd be happy with that outing and would have seen enough to think the pick is solid. Will be watching very closely myself.

SPP - Kid has attitude, real attitude. He's a total bull, I want to compare him to Wines but I don't think it does him justice, he's Luke Parker mental in his attack on the ball and the man, just seems like a guy who tackles with the intent to destroy. LOVE IT. Also showed off a right peg that had me thinking he's Stewie Dew's illegitimate mirror child. His goals would have averaged 65m in the air and his point was a fingernail from being the game sealer. He was outstanding and did nothing to change my opinion that he s a rookie you structure onto the field. Will be among the last upgrades. He looked to have more composure than most players, got caught a few times but he wont face a midfield as big as Sydney's again and he seemed to be the only guy Sydney wanted to tackle. I imagine Port fans feel about him how I did when Parker showed up at Sydney, instant man crush.

Houston - Really, really solid game from him. Had the main rebound role, everyone looked for him and they had him taking kick ins. He has serious composure, think I might have made a mistake in doubting his JS, unless he falls apart he'll push his way into that team even when Pittard is back because you can never have too many good running ball users on the HBF. Those who took him got a starter worthy rookie, imo.

Amon - Not fantasy relevant but Port need to get the ball in hands more often. In a game where I've used the word butcher in every second player comment (at least) he was sublime with the ball. He had 9 touches and it wouldn't shock me if 8 of them lead directly to scores, he cut the game open and was just exceptional with the pill. He needs to do more out there but what he did stood out in an ugly game.

Eddy - Was basically the worst possible game for him. Wet, horrific ball use against a team that holds very good defensive structures. He was always going to struggle and had Rampe for large parts of the game just to compound it. What he did was rock solid though and I don't reckon Port will be in a hurry to change anything after this win because it was a real heart win and a smart coach wont mess with chemistry when he gets that kind of effort, even if the execution was lacking. He's a matchup decision on whether to start but I think he's like a McGovern last year, just sit him on the bench and let him make cash and don't worry too much if he has a big game on the pine.

Gray - Copped a massive knee to the head from Naismith very early and I honestly reckon Port have broken the concussion protocol for him to keep playing because he was on another planet for a long time, shows his courage to play on though. He started at FF basically and spent most of the 1st quarter there. Absolutely no way he was fit coming into the game and he toughed it out but I'm not sure what the injury was but would be watching him like a hawk for a couple of weeks before bringing him in based on his role. The "concussion" only compounded whatever he was bringing in but he was completely out of sorts after it.

Overall I thought Port played the kind of football that will win more often than it loses and if they can sort out the kicking issues they absolutely can push towards the top 4 with that kind of intent to hunt the opposition. They will need to work on the kicking though or they're going to get destroyed by teams that aren't so one dimensional on attacking turnovers, Dogs and Giants in particular come to mind on this front.

11. Likes Crow-mo, Bunga, Athomas, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Brisbane Lions vs Gold Coast Suns

Lions - What a 1st quarter, the blitzed the Suns and then held on for dear life. Not sure if they cashed all the gas tickets or if the Suns just flat out didn't show up but the Lions played a completely different style in the first quarter that was attacking, relentless and quite simply brilliant, they almost seemed to get scared of themselves and go into their shells and then outright panicked when the Suns started coming at them. Still, they played well enough to get the points.

Rockliff - Was brilliant, anyone in the chat would have heard me ranting because his SC was just retarded all game, they got it close to right at the end (I reckon it was a 150 game given he literally carried them home at the end and was their 2nd best and involved in half the goals in the first) but at least it was somewhere near the mark at the end of the day. Was one of the better games I've seen him play because it was genuine contested work to get first hands on the pill and ferocious tackling, I reckon he got shorted a good 7 or 8 tackles where Suns players just dropped it and thus it was neither a stoppage or ineffective disposal, but he was just fantastic. Anyone who doesn't have him better hope he gets injured or they get him in soon on that kind of form, played as well as anyone I've seen this weekend given the circumstances and everything.

Zorko - Blew the game apart in the first quarter and then kind of just chilled his way home, GC's comeback really hurt his SC ratio and he wasn't that good after the first to be fair. Looked like he will sustain last years average though, was just everywhere on the field and seemed to be mostly on the HFF with the freedom to go wherever he wants. Certainly could be a top 10 midfielder (SC), especially considering his durability.

Beams - Really strong return, I'd have had him 4th for the medal personally (Rockliff, Andrews and Zorko in order) but he wasn't undeserving by any means and it was good to see him back out there. His hands were great but his kicking was not and I think his ratio was probably somewhere in the about right and a wee bit harsh range but his role was perfect and he didn't seem to have any real issues running out the game (though he did fade and leave the heavy lifting to Rocky at the end) so it was a great sign. Basically he's the same as he's been all preseason, he matters if he gets injured or doesn't quite become a premium but I reckon the first is the more likely reason he will matter after this game, he looked capable of premium scoring (an issue for my DT given his absence )

Martin - Was really good, one of those games where he didn't seem to get credit for several tackles and where his team kept shorting kicks to him that cost him marks but he was moving more like his best and was everywhere. His issue is simple for mine, Archie Smith exists, otherwise I'd be saying jump all over him. Even then, if he gets 5 weeks without him I think he's in the top couple of rucks. He could have very easily had 130 DT in this game with a few better kicks to him and a couple of ticks from the guys at CD. Those who started him can be happy from what I saw.

Hipwood - Not fantasy relevant but he was very, very good and is a scary prospect. This was as good a game as you could hope for from a 19 year old KPF in a team that couldn't hit him lace out if they were playing witches hats. He's basically Daniher at the same age with better kicking and his work below his knees is scary for a man that size. Very, very impressive game against one of the best defenders in the game.

Barrett - Really solid game, imo, most impressive for mine was that he really brought the physicality. He smashed May with one of the best bumps you'll see this season and if he wasn't a rake he'd have killed him instead of just rocking him slightly backwards but I just loved that he saw a mutant of a man and didn't even hesitate to try and freight train him. That he's got silky skills to go with that moungrel bodes very well for his scoring and JS, imo. Looks like a really good pickup for Brisbane to mine and a rock solid rookie.

Andrews - Not fantasy relevant in the least (well he could be in SC if he plays that well every game but nah) but that's as well as anyone has played Lynch that I've seen, he smashed him in the aerial contests on the leads like I've never seen Lynch beaten (I'll get to Lynch) and Andrews was simply fantastic and I genuinely thought he deserved the medal as much as Rockliff. If he can play that well against other forwards then Brisbane are going to be a lot more competitive and he'll be in the AA squad, he's set the standard for himself now, genuinely excellent game.

Fagan - This is worth mentioning... I watched a Brisbane game and for the first time in what feels like a decade I never had a WTF moment where I was wondering why player x was in that position or player y had that role. He might not have a lot of talent at his disposal but he put his best players in their best roles, he made good moves and just seemed like an AFL coach, when Ablett was threatening he moved Robinson into a hard tag that really stopped his influence in the last, Rockliff, Beams and Zorko were the midfield group when the game drew level, Martin rucked solo. Apparently the only thing I could knock was that they didn't seem to have a real plan for when GC was attacking them and resorted to bombing long, they should have slowed the game and gone into a retention style but I'm not going to blame him given the list profile and new leaders there are at least as responsible for that kind of call. I have a lot more faith in picking Brisbane players on the back of this game, they might finally have a coach!

Gold Coast - I think it was part that their bus didn't arrive until the 2nd quarter but they got absolutely blitzed by Brisbane and had no answers early. Credit to them for fighting back and almost stealing the game but they had the same problem as last year for mine, their midfield just isn't very good and even when it wins it manages to ruin it with the way they go inside 50. No idea what to take out of this game for them...

Hall - Continues to be one of the most conflicting players I've ever watched. I can't remember any other player who has such a vast gap between me watching them as a fantasy player and an actual player, they're like two completely different things and even SC can't remotely capture what my eyes see of him as a player, even his stats don't seem to capture it, I don't know if it's just that the bad things he do are ridiculous or what but I don't get it. He shirked so many contests tonight that I wouldn't be at all shocked if he was the scapegoat, I'd love to be in the room for his film review session where Eade just asks wtf that was over and over again and yet he did some great things with the pill when others got it for him, he was good at stoppages (like they don't give him enough time to go into self preservation mode or something) and he kicked a couple of really nice goals. He's the kind of guy that you'd just hate to coach because he's got all that flash that stands out and yet all the things you really want from him he delivers at a F grade level. Still, if you picked him he absolutely delivered on a fantasy side of things. Such a hungry hippo as well.

Ablett - This game was as workmanlike as I can ever remember from him, he struggled to break tackles, struggled to find space and struggled to impact and yet he refused not to and just kept getting to contests, kept getting his arms free to get the ball out and was one of the better ball users on the night. It was a distinctly unAblett game, I do think he might be done as a fantasy player though, it felt like watching Judd with Carlton where he's still a great player but you remember him at WCE and he feels like a shadow but realistically that shadow is still a great player but it did stand out that he struggled massively to shrug off tackles to be able to kick.

Miller - Never got a good read on his role, it felt forwardish and that's where I mostly noticed him but then he'd pop up somewhere else. I guess he basically started on the opposite corner of the square to Zorko and then mirrored his role. Absolutely should be on everyone's radar, he didn't even feel that impactful or good and he's gone 108/117, it kind of felt like Merrett's bad games last year where you didn't really notice him and then he's at the top of the fantasy scores anyway. He does that a couple more times and he puts his hand up as an obvious top scoring forward type.

Witts - The SC scoring on him was as all over the shop as Rockliff. They seemed to turn it off at 3QT and unlike Rockliff who eventually found his lost points, Witts never got them. Still anyone who took him has to be delighted with his efforts, he was better than his score and I can only guess that Rockliff sharking so many taps was the ultimate reason but I can only guess because I have no clue how SC works this year at all based on this weekend. His role was flawless and he played really well, laid a couple of booming tackles and just did everything you could want. I reckon that anyone who hasn't got him should be structuring tomorrow to be bringing him in before r3 because his score was "easy" tonight and I didn't see anything to suggest he can't be a solid 85-90 DT guy who scores the normal SC gap to be 90+. He basically will get 35 hitouts due to his size and decent tap skills and he's going to throw his weight around and grab a few marks. Wouldn't surprise me if he's the #1 cashcow this year based on how well he played.

Ainsworth - Just to prove that rookies are as unpredictable as ever. He was fantastic but his role was as advertised, maybe slightly higher earlier in the game than expected but still firmly anchored inside 50 and I wouldn't expect the Suns to have as much forward time or inside 50s against most sides. For mine he played great but there was nothing to justify paying his premium or structuring to need him, could easily score 30 next week in that role. Really impressive debut though.

KK - Was solid but he'll have too many of these types of score to be a premium, imo.

Lynch - It is a real credit to him that he kicked 3.2 and scored 100 in SC and he was smashed by his man. What isn't questionable is his workrate, he was absurd, his 3 goals were basically 400m efforts to finally get any kind of separation from Andrews and if he works that hard against guys who play him at a mortal level rather than the superhuman effort Andrews made then he's also going to go super premium. The midfield delivery is terrible but he's just elite on the lead and in the air and if he's added workrate like he had tonight he's at that prime Riewoldt level (115+), there aren't many guys who can stop him on the lead and in the packs like Andrews did tonight and he just went way up my watch list. I absolutely loved the series where he pushed all the way into defensive 50, intercepted the ball, hit a target and then sprinted 100m with Andrews going at 100% in pursuit (a credit to him despite being beaten anyway) to gain the 3m of separation to take a mark and kick a goal that kicked off their comeback. Again, Andrews was probably the only reason that Lynch didn't score 200 night such was his workrate, Andrews was just special tonight. WATCHLIST.

Barlow - Role was solid but not ideal, be surprised if he can reach his previous heights. Worth watching in DT but just not sold myself.

Bowes - Did nothing wrong, reckon he'll grow in confidence each week and be a worthy starter, especially in SC. Didn't notice him getting beaten or exposed and he used the ball adequately. Were a few times that he could have run by for a chain possession and just didn't seem to back himself but he will as it goes. Perfectly happy to have him in my side.

Overall it's hard to read these teams too much, I don't think they'll be playing in even circumstances often so it's hard to read what everyone will do when they face better sides but they played hard and attacked each other relentlessly and showed some flashes that their fans can enjoy and I though both sides showed they can and will compete at least. That GC didn't wilt was a great sign, that Brisbane fought back after giving up the lead to win showed a lot as well. Both teams had solid fantasy structures as well and think the relevant guys are likely to be decent options.
    Last edited by Wogitalia; 26th March 2017 at 03:05 AM.

13. Likes Crow-mo, Bunga, Wheedus liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great recaps mate, I didnt watch either of these games so its good to have a report like this. Have to say I rate Andrews super highly and the next 10 years of him vs Lynch might be the best thing since Jako v Carey. Both special players.

I think this weekends games can be summed up as "what the **** is going on with the sc scores". Seriously its out of control, genuinely interested to see if things change at the end of the weekend. Been getting that feeling im getting screwed by the scoring system, havent had that feeling in years!
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember a couple of years ago in the first round all the rucks SC scores seemed way out of whack with none scoring over a 100 for the round.
    A lot of people complained and asked for an explanation, think CD/SC came out with some ridiculous explanation.
    Next week rucks smashed the scoring and for the rest of year scored really high.

To me its like over the off season they have tweaked some interpretations or scoring which has a massive affect of certain players, then gets over corrected.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've noticed that the scores are going a bit odd near quarter time, and they're not really being fixed until after the game. Rockliff and Kennedy had odd ratios (like 1:0.3 DT/SC) in the first quarter, then got scaled accordingly while the rest of their games looked to be scored pretty normally.

Anyway, McGrath looked great yesterday. Not sure if I'd like to give him another week, as Essendon controlled the uncontested ball and I'm not sure whether that continues, but their draw is pretty generous early on.

Will be interesting to see how many traded Swallow out. At 38% ownership ATM, so I'm guessing that the popularity stats haven't updated.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    I remember a couple of years ago in the first round all the rucks SC scores seemed way out of whack with none scoring over a 100 for the round.
    A lot of people complained and asked for an explanation, think CD/SC came out with some ridiculous explanation.
    Next week rucks smashed the scoring and for the rest of year scored really high.

To me its like over the off season they have tweaked some interpretations or scoring which has a massive affect of certain players, then gets over corrected.

Reckon there is something wrong with their system, been a couple of players in every game who basically don't score in the first quarter and I don't think they fixed it until yesterday's games (Treloar, Adams and Cripps all off the top of my head). Think they're on top of it now based on the Rockliff and JPK adjustments as you noted but still hurts for those with the other guys who didn't seem to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelike_ View Post
    I've noticed that the scores are going a bit odd near quarter time, and they're not really being fixed until after the game. Rockliff and Kennedy had odd ratios (like 1:0.3 DT/SC) in the first quarter, then got scaled accordingly while the rest of their games looked to be scored pretty normally.

Anyway, McGrath looked great yesterday. Not sure if I'd like to give him another week, as Essendon controlled the uncontested ball and I'm not sure whether that continues, but their draw is pretty generous early on.

Will be interesting to see how many traded Swallow out. At 38% ownership ATM, so I'm guessing that the popularity stats haven't updated.
    Didn't help that the game locked out for a good 25 minutes before it was meant to and only reopened at the last minute, basically had to be in front of the computer waiting for that game to have a chance.

Will depend on his injury and emergency cover for how much it hurts I guess. My positive is that trading him out means I have the cash for McGrath, have had to grab Hibberd to structure up for the trade (have Smith who needs to go out almost certainly).