ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Re: Round 1 2017

For someone who's at the pub en route to the game, what do I need to do with my teams tonight?

Asking for a friend
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

2. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    For someone who's at the pub en route to the game, what do I need to do with my teams tonight?

Asking for a friend
    Lock in any tiger or blues players they are keen on before the first bounce, players from all other teams they can wait till tomorrow on.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

👍

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Some quick thoughts on the first game...

Martin - Massive game from him, was prolific. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain that scoring against decent teams as he's a notorious flat tracker but that's just what you want from that kind of player! Was running hard and kicking the ball very well. Role was basically as expected, decent chunk of time up forward which didn't hurt in a game they dominated but could in other situations.

Nankervis - Very solid game from him, probably scored a bit better than you'd expect in SC and about right in DT. Had a couple of nice pack marks and kicked a couple of goals, both things with disproportionate value in SC that are probably going to be inconsistent but think he was a solid 95 without those still. Rucked decently and I think Kreuzer is a bad matchup for what he does well as a bullocking follow up ruckman but at the same time he had more HOtA as a result of Kreuzer being poor in that area generally. Still, those who started have to be happy here.

Cotchin - Played very solidly and scored well on a low possession count, which has always been an issue for him. Worth keeping an eye on as looked very decent.

Prestia - Another who looked good with a solid role as he's shown great scoring potential, especially in DT.

Butler - A great score but the role wasn't good. Basically he's Papley from last year and will score wildly. Loved what he did and he bought himself a couple more weeks at a minimum which is a great result. Had plenty of supply which probably wont be the norm and is certainly going to rely on scrappy goals to get points.

Houli - I really struggled to work out what his role was, Ellis was taking kick ins and he didn't seem to be in any kind of shutdown role but there was limited exposure of Richmond's defensive structure because most of Carlton's entries were either quick turnover rebounds or centre clearances, neither of which show much. Will need to show a bit but just put himself in the upgrade crosshairs obviously.

Rance - Didn't seem to get to nearly as many contests as normal and was beaten by Weitering on several occasions both one on one and on the lead, both are not common. Another who just came into the upgrade crosshairs, reckon he could be a perfect round 8 upgrade target if he has a couple more lowish scores as he builds fitness. Also didn't get nearly the supply that he usually will.

Richmond in General - Were the superior team and took advantage but they hardly looked good doing it. This was a bruise free type of game and toughness is a big question mark for them. It's hard to really gauge much from it in general.

Murphy - Really solid game, covered a lot of ground and made it to a lot of contests. At least he looks fit as a potential bailout if Beams were to bust.

Gibbs - Solid game, was the toughest of the Blues midfield and laid a couple of really nice tackles. Looked like he could back up last year.

Simpson - Massive game from him and really built into it and got stronger. Seemed to get plenty of time on the wing but reckon it was more that Richmond were playing a lot of paddock style forward structures that just cleared out the half forward line. Still, looks perfectly good to back up last year and his career in general.

Kreuzer - Had a really strong game and looked better up forward than I've ever really seen, moving well. Not worth the risk for mine but worth watching at his price and with his talent level.

Docherty - Had a great 3 quarters, though his kicking was down on his usual standard, seemed to forget how to junk though and stopped in the last but his role was ideal, took nearly all the kick-ins, was hit up as the sideways and driveby option relentlessly and moving really well. Gameplan was similar to last year, first look is generally sideways and generally to him to try and open the other side up. Saw nothing to suggest he doesn't back up last season.

Marchbank - Was brilliant in the air on intercept marks, was dreadful basically every time he kicked it, especially sideways. He just never seemed to adjust to the increased speed and would go a short sideways kick that was borderline not on but he'd kick it too casually even if it was on a little and it resulted in a lot of turnovers. Reckon he can fix that though which really stopped his scoring being massive because he did play great. Doubt he's that big each week, against most teams he'll have to actually play on someone but he was really solid. He's solid if you have him but not sure he's a structure shift to get type unless he goes bigger next week.

Cripps - Really looked like a guy with a limited preseason out there, just wasn't making as many contests as he normally does and was stagnant at so many stoppages rather than on the move which meant he wasn't able to break nearly as many tackles and make clear disposals, had what looked like a shoulder stinger as well but played on and showed no discomfort so assume it's nothing. Firmed as an upgrade target though because we know his ability and potential. One to watch very closely to ensure he builds into it but that score will bring him firmly into upgrade range if he has another weak effort in the next couple. Didn't look terrible by any means just a bit underdone. It was noticeable to see the way that the Richmond midfielders and Gibbs in particular were moving at contests in comparison to his stagnancy.

SPS - Started like a house on fire and clearly ran out of puff before making one last little junk effort to push his score up at the end. Kid has a lot of class and his role in the first half was excellent, got most of his ball on the defensive wing area. 2nd half he seemed to play forward a lot more and wasn't at anywhere near as many contests. This is reasonable and to be expected but he clearly did enough to justify his selection and I reckon he'll build nicely as he gets his match fitness. Like Marchbank I don't think he showed that he's a structure adjustment to get type just yet, though if you can have that money free it wouldn't hurt for those without him.

Macreadie - Was solid enough, imo, but didn't do anything to push Plowman, Marchbank and Rowe out of the team to be a long term option, also showed next to nothing as a fantasy scorer so unless he's already in your side I saw nothing to be moving to get him in.

Pickett - Gave some really solid efforts and probably did just enough to hold his spot but only just. His role is pretty terrible, was the deepest forward a lot of the time and the Blues look bad so that's a really bad role. Kind of guy that if he gets 10 games to start the season he'll make cash because he'll kick a few goals in a game or two but he's going to need to do a bit more next week with a few of their others capable of playing the same role.

Carlton in General - They looked like a strong spoon contender. Don't rate Richmond highly at all but they smashed them, the lack of pressure was a real worry, so many clean I50 and forward movements for Richmond and the ball generally left their forward 50 with ease. They relied heavily on Richmond mistakes to hit the scoreboard which wont work against better sides obviously. Could be a long season but that's probably good for rookies at least! IMO Armfield and Thomas are probably the 2 who will want a massive week at training as they're old and were generally outclassed all game. Would think Palmer and Kerridge could offer what they did with more ability to find the ball and apply some physicality. Pickett could easily be out as well but reckon they'd give him an extra week over old guys who've basically proven they're fringe players at this point.

Good to have AFL back... just wish we could have watched a decent game
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at the game last night. SPS started at quite a few centre bounces, particularly in the first quarter / half - basically taking the defensive position off the back of the circle. I didn't pick him but from what I saw, he's a good pick and can't see him losing his spot in the team.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was very impressed with his game and role. Understandably ran out of legs given his lack of match fitness, but the class was there for all to see. He has me wanting to take a Mountford type over Bowes so that I have enough cash to grab him, in case his R2 is also great.

Butler also looks a good player, very smart in the way he goes about it which I wasnt expecting. Was barely sighted in the second half, was lucky that the Blues never truly got back into it because his first half scaling carried his score a lot. Still, lot to like about his game and if he does similar next week (Pies, so a much more competitive outfit) he looks a likely fix up trade for Pickett.

Dusty was nuts holy shit. Honestly never even entered into my calculations, bad habit of dismissing guys who used to be forwards - just assume not good enough to pick in the mids. Kudos to Wheedus for that pick, early indications are its a great one.
    Only ever talking SC

8. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantasy Freako‏ @FantasyFreako 3m3 minutes agoMore

Nankervis had a HTA% of 48% which is unbelievable. Gawn went at 34% last year. Sample size is small, but signs are good. #SuperCoach
    Explains Nankervis' SC score.
    So 13/27 hit outs were to advantage.
    Last edited by Elvs1; 24th March 2017 at 10:29 AM.

10. Likes Bunga, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Round 1 2017

Wog, your comments on the Tigers are interesting. If you didn't watch the game but listened to the commentary, you would think Richmond just beat a team coming off a 30 game winning streak. It was so bad. The team they had in last night was embarrassing.
    Last edited by Narkee; 24th March 2017 at 12:44 PM.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I took a friend from Mexico to the game; he'd never seen footy before.

His comment I think summed up the game perfectly: "the Richmond defence isn't great but the Carlton offence is so bad they're making them look good"

From the mouths of babes

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I made the comment on the chat 5 mins into the game that I had seen enough to confirm both teams will be shit again this year

14. Likes Wogitalia liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ADELAIDE defender Kyle Cheney has had another setback in his return to the senior side, with a hamstring injury ruling him out of this weekend's SANFL trial.

Cheney trained with the Crows at Adelaide Oval on Thursday, but pulled up with a sore hamstring.

He will be assessed further in the next few days.

Big news for those considering Otten.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ADELAIDE defender Kyle Cheney has had another setback in his return to the senior side, with a hamstring injury ruling him out of this weekend's SANFL trial.

Cheney trained with the Crows at Adelaide Oval on Thursday, but pulled up with a sore hamstring.

He will be assessed further in the next few days.

Big news for those considering Otten.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

So you've got one spot open for Otten and Kelly, would be ideal if Lever plays this week so we know whose spot it is!

I've structured to avoid Otten at this point but he's easily squeezed in if he's good to go.

My biggest problem is finding a donut that I think can actualy do anything from Geelong, Freo, NM, WCE, ADE or GWS, not really seeing any options there other than to Strnadica and just flip him when Witts is dusted but I don't really want that because there are a few rucks who could be decent downgrade targets for him.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Kelly is in for Cheney but if Otten played well and Kelly didn't then maybe they'd try all 4 together.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    So you've got one spot open for Otten and Kelly, would be ideal if Lever plays this week so we know whose spot it is!

I've structured to avoid Otten at this point but he's easily squeezed in if he's good to go.

My biggest problem is finding a donut that I think can actualy do anything from Geelong, Freo, NM, WCE, ADE or GWS, not really seeing any options there other than to Strnadica and just flip him when Witts is dusted but I don't really want that because there are a few rucks who could be decent downgrade targets for him.

EVW?