FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JLT Community Series Week 1

From the Freo vs WCE game

Geez freo were bad in the first half, literally no defensive pressure at all.. Not sure if they were instructed to ease into it or the extra legs from the game last week helped the eagles but it looked like men against boys. Second half was a lot more even, still having serious worries about this season from that showing.

In terms of fantasy relevant players

Fyfe - Had a good hit out, won a lot of contested ball and took a couple of solid contested marks as he does. Perfect first hit out for him really, will be prime for round 1.

McCarthy - Looked like a bloke who hadn't played footy in 18 months, think he has the fitness base but needs a couple more runs to get the feel of the game again. Think he's still a solid chance to play round 1 with Taberner being his useless self, Kersten on the other hand showed quite a bit more.

Really no other guys worth mentioning from Freo, Sandilands and Neale sat this one out.

Eagles looked really good in all three departments. Midfield is winning the ball and using it well, the defence is solid - think McGovern is turning into one of my favourite players in the league the way he reads the play and plucks the ball out of the air at will. The forward line working well as always - LeCras and Kennedy in for big years again.

As good as they looked I don't think a lot of their guys are really fantasy relevant this year. Maybe a couple of guys like Kennedy and Priddis for SC who are always up around the top end in that format.

Wellingham has looked good in both hit outs, could be a bolter to keep an eye on.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NORTH MELBOURNE
    Out:
    NickLarkey, Mason Wood, Lachlan Hansen

HAWTHORN
    Out: Dallas Willsmore, Tim O'Brien, Ricky Henderson

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

JOM looking good again, played 1/2 last week, I imagine he'll probably play around 70% TOG this week. Can certainly see him attracting a tag this year.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Dumont could be in for a big year.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

JOM just needs to get through the next month and he's a lock. He's a class above at the moment.

And it is an indictment on GCS's medical staff for not being able to get him onto the park.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOM is making it hard who's going to M6 for me

atm is a toss up between D Swallow and JOM.
    Last edited by KickItToButch; 26th February 2017 at 02:51 PM.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@GoldCoastSUNS out: Hallahan, Willis and Davis. @EssendonFC out: J. Merrett, Mutch and Dea.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thinking Vickers-Willis will be the main beneficiary from Firrito's retirement. Scored very well last week, quieter today scoring wise but doing fine in his role. As a rookie priced back, regular game time should be enough to warrant him a D7/8 slot.

10. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Thinking Vickers-Willis will be the main beneficiary from Firrito's retirement. Scored very well last week, quieter today scoring wise but doing fine in his role. As a rookie priced back, regular game time should be enough to warrant him a D7/8 slot.
    Also with Atley maybe moving onto a wing in the midfield which helps hopefully he grabs a spot in the backline come round 1.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

12. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

For Essendon

Parish - Looks amazing, scored 97 DT from only 57% TOG apparently. Backs up his 85 DT from 63% TOG last week.

Stants - That half back role is perfect for him, shame he isn't a defender. Might be one for those playing AFLF and want to bet on a defender classification.

Begley - Just wow. Looks ready made given his size but there will be questions on his ability to play out a game. Definitely pushing for round 1 selection with a game like that.

Watson - Has put together two decent games now. I think with the discount he is an option in SuperCoach for sure. Although, with Swallow and JOM it could be hard to fit him in.

McGrath - I would be avoiding him, will cost too much and it doesn't look like he will jump out of the blocks and push out 80s.
    hoff.

14. Likes KickItToButch, dylan123, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Carlton game:

Marchbank (85DT / 76SC / 84% TOG) - Looked great. Plays Round 1 and I'm pretty keen on him if there aren't many genuine defender rookies. Should be a good scoring D6 for first half of season.

Doc (69DT / 95SC / 92%) - With Tuohy gone, he probably takes more kick in duties now too. Was fine in this game.

Simmo (68DT / 90SC / 88%) - Pretty similar scoring game to Doc, know what you are going to get. Still one to consider.

CCurnow (62DT / 67SC / 73%) - Not fantasy relevant but played well and will be in our 22.

Murphy (59DT / 74SC / 84%) - Was watching closely, had some iffy moments. Was probably just happy to get through the game unscathed, and a good score would have me still potentially considering him, but I can probably concede he won't be back to any previous seasons best and who knows when he will miss games with the ankle.

Gibbs was probably our best (96DT / 99SC / 74%) but not sure can pick him after almost career best season last year. Durable though.

I hope Smedts (45DT /45SC / 84%) won't play games (was woeful early but did get slightly better throughout), while Fisher (29DT / 27SC / 44%), Pickett (27DT 26SC / 44%) and LeBois (22DT /32SC / 42%) only played halves each. Each did some good things but nothing to warrant a Round 1 start, unless perhaps SPS and Cripps both don't make it up for Round 1. LeBois and Pickett are probably competing for a Lamb / Sumner / Armfield type role, so will just be depth for now.

From all pre-season reports, Fisher is probably third in line for a midfield go behind Polson (who has impressed) and SPS (injured quad but still a good chance for Round 1 debut.)

For the match itself, Carlton played 22 both halves (4 players didn't run out in the first half, then we took 4 off for the 2nd half, & Gorringe injured) so rotations would have been much lower for us and more like a real game. Excuses some of the poor skills / lack of running, but Dees did run us off our feet in general so can't blame the rotations completely I don't think. Petracca was a beast but don't think he's kicking four goals every week. We surprisingly quelled Gawn quite well (where was this last year!! ) but a good team effort from Dees with lots of good performances from mids.
    Last edited by Athomas; 26th February 2017 at 08:32 PM.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

16. Likes Crows88 liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple pretty handy scores from Braydon Preuss from NM. 69/70 and 76/95 from the 2 games. Used in a time share today with Goldstein, but still scored 3 goals, which is encouraging.
    Issue is Goldy usually runs as sole ruckman, but he's worth watching.
    And yeah, Vickers-Willis definitely looks like a good option.
    Hrovat is probably cheap enough that he's worth looking at.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the quarter and a half I watched, Preuss looked very impressive in the forward line mainly. Think it might come down to how North's other forwards are tracking, such as Brown, Wood and one other I think that Is currently injured?

19. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    From the quarter and a half I watched, Preuss looked very impressive in the forward line mainly. Think it might come down to how North's other forwards are tracking, such as Brown, Wood and one other I think that Is currently injured?
    Isn't there a spot up forward for him considering Petrie is gone. North do like playing 3 talls up forward at times.