Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: JLT Community Series

@Wogitalia is an elite specimen. Still somehow posting high quality analysis while on holiday in another country with rough internet
    #teamANB

2. Likes KFC, Hodges, KickItToButch, Narkee, dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

So just got done with the Giants vs North game...

General - wide open game this one, very different to Swans/Saints. Some good moments of physicality but both teams were very happy to play out in the open and avoid getting too dirty, especially the Giants as the game went on and they kept picking up niggles and injuries. This is kind of how the Giants like to play, especially when they outclass the opponent, so it's no surprise to me. North I have no idea what to expect this year but they just look a bit outmatched across the park.

GWS
    - Strong side, pretty much was only missing Hopper, Deledio and Whitfield from their best 22, Hopper played in the NEAFL apparently and he's very borderline on the best 22 anyway.

Devon Smith - Did some nice junk work and scored well in the end but I wasn't huge on his role. Seems to be firmly behind Greene now as a target moving forward and is functioning on scraps a lot more, also didn't really start doing anything until after SJ was off. Given Deledio is to also fit in there somewhere I'm personally happy to give him a miss as a starting pick at the very least.

Greene - On the other hand was phenomenal and looks to be in even better form than last year. Not a guy I'd given that much consideration to as a starting pick (not for any good reason other than I think the role limits upside) but this game really opened my eyes. It also reminded me of something... he's only a couple of injuries from midfield time and being able to be a gluttonous little pig in that role. While that's not a reason to pick him I reckon you've got a safe premium starter in Greene with that always being a potential outcome down the road. Really the strongest reason to not start him is probably that the role will likely throw up some poorer scores that make upgrading to him a strong option also. Averaged 93/95 over his last 12 last year which is very decent and for SC provides genuine upside as well and had 3 scores under 75 in that batch. If he can eliminate those, he goes over 100, if they remain then he's a great upgrade target, can see a case for him being better as the team improves as it's that kind of role.

Shiel - Still a gun but I do think they've got too many gun midfielders sharing the load and not really expecting any to be super premium level this year.

Ward - Ditto

Taranto - Really impressive kid, so much composure with the ball and just makes the right decisions. He's right on the edge of the 22 which makes that premium price a pain and I just can't see midfield minutes for him ahead of Ward, Shiel, Kelly, Greene, Smith, Hopper (when fit), Griffin and Scully in the real stuff which makes his scoring a bit hard. He looks a better player but I'd expect something similar to Matt Kennedy's role last year, who is probably another guy he's competing with. Think he can make cash though, will score a 100 somewhere most likely where he kicks a few from pure supply if nothing else but JS is my bigger worry if he struggles a bit. Still absurd talent on that team. Strong rookie option though.

Shaw - Same old for him, huge score and just mopping it up. Still have a few doubts but none of them are physical or role related and he could easily match or better last year.

Williams - Same deal really, reckon he basically replicates last year, actually think it's Tomlinson/Haynes who will eat away at Shaw more than Williams if Shaw is to come back. Still, he's got potential to improve a bit still and is a good little player.

Kelly - Another jet of a player, as with Shiel, just think there are too many cooks this year but it wouldn't shock me if he's their top fantasy scorer, so classy.

Scully - Very quiet game but he's got to be on the radar also after last year. Whitfield out probably means that Kelly and Scully will at least get to start strongly with the wings to themselves.

Mummy - Still throwing his weight around, still going to be just that notch below premium I dare say and the durability risk just isn't worth it. Lobb was pretty banged up by the end of the game and spent a bit more time rucking than normal this game so just being eased into it. Was very competitive though Goldy seemed to beat him pretty soundly when they went head to head, to my eye at least in crappy resolution!

North - I think this is something close to their best 22 which really begs the question again of why they forced Boomer out in particular as he'd clearly still be in the best few, but whatever, hard to determine a style, either they wanted to play a GWS style despite their obvious lack of legspeed or they were just pushed around by a much more talented side who got to dictate terms. Either way there were some positives to take out of it...

Goldstein - Looked good to me, it was hard to tell in the crappy video quality but he seemed to win basically all the ruck contests in the first half before spending a lot of the game resting up forward in the 2nd half as Preuss and Majak both got extended midfield runs. Tapwork was A+ early but his midfielders are a major concern for his scoring, amount of times he gave the silver platter and they'd fumble it and lose the advantage was scary, I had an 8 count on this in the 1st half. Admittedly Cunnington didn't play the 1st half and Higgins didn't play the 2nd, who are easily the two cleanest North mids by hand, especially Cunnington who is his main man so hopefully that fixes though it's annoying Cunnington wont be there for the round 1 game where Goldy looks a good chance to be getting a lot of hitouts. Still, he passed my eye test and looks fit to go. The concern is he still looks useless when he's not rucking, just not a good forward and just finds the wrong spots, which still amazes me given how good he is at pushing forward as a ruckman to expose other rucks, just a real conundrum!

Preuss - May as well cover him straight away, I'd be shocked if North goes with him and Waite, Brown and Daw, he's just not mobile enough and doesn't get to the front of the pack for contests enough so he's neither a great long or hitup target and while he tries hard on the ground he's just too slow. He does look a solid prospect though and did some nice things. He's a chance if Brown doesn't get up for round 1 but even then I'd probably be keeping him for a Goldy injury only this year. I assume he was better in the other games given the talk on him and admittedly the Giants have a very tall and mobile backline that largely nullifies his strengths while exposing the weaknesses. Either way, if he's in round 1 alongside the other 3 and Goldy I think I'll give Goldy a pass.

Higgins - I understand why @Crow-mo picked him now. He looks really, really fit and has a perfect role. Is the designated wing target at centre bounces who then pushes in as an extra clearance player around the ground. He looked clean with the ball and was a clear class above everyone else at the Kangas. Looks just like he did in his 95 year and his 45:68 ratio in a half was perfectly fair given how well he played. 100 and 123 in his other 2 games as well so his form and production is backing up the eye test. His durability is woeful but really with some of the forward premium options... it could be worth it. Very impressive.

Vickers-Willis - Looked to have a well defined role as a lockdown defender, had his issues with all the small forwards (who wouldn't!) but he worked hard and looks like this was probably his worst outing, again understandable given the quality of the forwards and the oversupply they received. Will be a hard role to generate cash from if he has to lockdown that much and I expect he will be the most defensive given the other small defenders and even the key defenders all love to rebound. Reckon he's a strong D7/D8 type, don't think you want to be starting him consistently as I think this 28 is very likely a few times even when he plays well, but he looked good enough for the best 22 to me.

Turner - Had a great game and is 180/170k in DT/SC so very much an option if he is best 22 as it seems, was easily their most dangerous forward not named Waite and was even better without the ball, imo. Would be a brutal coach who doesn't reward that with a game come round 1. Probably like EVW in that he's more an F7/F8 as I think there will be poor scores because playing as a HFF in what looks a weak side is a very tough role and that's tough at his price but 50k for JS might be a decent price to pay. Finally looks physically ready for AFL.

Simpkin - North have a good one here. Really lively kid who was only behind Turner and Waite as their best forward for mine. Makes things happen, takes his time with the ball and just moves well in general. 160k in SC and 170k in DT and he'd be in their best 22 for mine. He's basically got Harvey's position to lose for mine. Mason Wood also out a while is another HFF/FP spot. Looks physically ready to me. Only reason he wouldn't play is if Scott doesn't want to admit that it's a rebuild and goes with someone old instead but he just has an IT factor up forward. Don't expect big scores here either, really you're hoping for a Papley type performance where he can get a couple of games with small bags early to generate cash. I hope there are better options but I feel good that he should be an option at least.

Waite - Looks super fit and ready to fire. I'm not paying top dollar for him but he was absurd to start last year and he were to do that and sustain it, who knows... Still, worth mentioning as he is one of the top 10 starting forwards in SC and that is discounted on his best form last year. Ok, I'm done here because I know his name may as well not be in that top 10!

Hibberd - Only played the 2nd half, didn't notice him much but seemed to have a decent role. Not sure how to read the only playing a half, Cunnington who is in their best couple of players, Higgins and McDonald were the other 3, maybe battling McDonald for a spot possibly and the other two are just their best players being managed a bit. We'll see come round one I guess but he must be close now.

Cunnington - Only played a half but remains their best inside mid, just has cleaner hands and uses them very well. Probably never going to become a premium though at this point but he always seems so close to me.

Think that's all the fantasy guys, let me know on anyone else while it's fresh.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the same game at the moment.

On Greene and Tarranto, (I have both in all comps) Whitfield (suspended) and Coniglio (injured) are out for the first 6+ weeks which will leave more mid field time for them both.
    Enough time for Tarranto to make some money. Greene may still not got a lot of mid time but I think he has shown he doesn't need it these days to put up forward premium numbers, GWS are going to have some blow outs and Greene is one of the best to cash in on these.

Agree can't see Preuss playing, massive unit and can clunk a mark but doesn't show enough at any other time. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when Currie played all the pre-season games and people thought he would share the ruck with Goldy but never happened.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preuss looked so good in the match before this one, and pretty poor in this one. Definitely Brown will get the gig, with Daw emergency and Preuss not in the team. But will get games at some point.

Think Turner's job security is fantastic, scoring potential would be the concern. Did kick three goals in a half in this match (had him 3+ $15, 4+ $71, where was the 4th! ) so that boosted his score definitely. As you mentioned, he looks noticeably bulkier but still has zip.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Preuss looked so good in the match before this one, and pretty poor in this one. Definitely Brown will get the gig, with Daw emergency and Preuss not in the team. But will get games at some point.

Think Turner's job security is fantastic, scoring potential would be the concern. Did kick three goals in a half in this match (had him 3+ $15, 4+ $71, where was the 4th! ) so that boosted his score definitely. As you mentioned, he looks noticeably bulkier but still has zip.
    I'm not that phased by his scoring, think it's actually decent. Averaged 72/82 in his first season across 3 games as a skinny runt and a couple of decent scores a couple of years ago during what was a big of a sophomore slump. The big question will be whether he can string together a few good scores in a row or if he's going to cancel them out with bad ones.

The positive is he tackles very well and he works hard so those are extra ways for him to score outside just crumbing goals. Also got good forward craft.

My worry is whether he can score consistently and thus whether you'd want him on field, which given his price is probably what you want, but I had Mills and BenKen riding pine last year at higher prices for the same reason and it was fine in the end because they eventually made the cash and I just rolled with the best rookie. Really you just need the quota of rookie priced guys and the idea the more expensive should start is one of those myths to throw out (that feels wrong to throw out!).

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Watching the same game at the moment.

On Greene and Tarranto, (I have both in all comps) Whitfield (suspended) and Coniglio (injured) are out for the first 6+ weeks which will leave more mid field time for them both.
    Enough time for Tarranto to make some money. Greene may still not got a lot of mid time but I think he has shown he doesn't need it these days to put up forward premium numbers, GWS are going to have some blow outs and Greene is one of the best to cash in on these.

Agree can't see Preuss playing, massive unit and can clunk a mark but doesn't show enough at any other time. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when Currie played all the pre-season games and people thought he would share the ruck with Goldy but never happened.
    Only worry here is that Hopper is to come back in and is still ahead of Taranto for midfield time for mine if he's fit enough. Like the kid and I think he can score well enough up forward given how much supply their should be but I just can't lock him into a team that strong when you've got Hopper and Deledio still outside it as well.

Basically I'd have their best 22 as:

B - Shaw Davis Williams
    HB - Haynes 2 of Corr/Buntine/Tomlinson
    C - Kelly Shiel Scully
    HF - Greene Cameron Smith
    FP - Lobb Patton SJ
    R - Mumford Ward Griffen
    Int - Wilson 3 of Taranto, Hopper, AKen, MKen and leftover of the C/B/T pick.

That's without Deledio, Coniglio or Whitfield in the mix, who all push straight ahead (admittedly at least two of them aren't playing for 5 weeks which is plenty of time).

I have Taranto in from that group for what it's worth but it's probably him vs MKen for a spot with Hopper (only genuine midfielder) and AKen (played 15 games last year) probably my other picks. Taranto is the textbook rookie where if he's worth picking he'll be really worth picking because he's going to have to produce to hold his spot but if he doesn't it's an awful lot of wasted money rotting away.

For me Taranto is that guy I'm hoping to not have to pick. I expect he's there round 1 to be picked and I think he plays 3 or 4 games more than likely but I'm not sure it's enough to lock in a spot and it's probably not enough to make cash at his starting price.

Super talent though and his ability to play forward is truly going to help his cause as only MKen really provides that of their remaining guys they'd want to pick (De Boer, Mzungu and Reid are all depth guys, surely, and he'd get a shot before them to prove he isn't better already than they ever were!).

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

So just got done watching the first half of the Lions vs Crows. Didn't go any further as it's not really that fantasy relevant and I saw what I was watching for as much as anything.

General - It was a total blowout really which given the Crows didn't even have their midfield playing and that the Lions were about full strength has to be a concern to just how bad they'll be again but you never know.

Crows - Basically a fit best 22 from what I could see. Entire forwardline was in and the entire backline was in outside Lever (who I believe is under a cloud?) and Cheney (ditto?). They played well and the 2nd and 3rd string midfielders matched it with the Lions well.

Laird - Predominantly off half back but he certainly was getting some centre bounce work in there and a bit of midfield time around the ground. Looks fit and ready to go and wouldn't surprise me if his midfield time grows throughout the year, realistically they can cover him down back and their midfield is just so obviously the weakest area.

Smith - Had a good half and was clearly more involved rebounding when Laird pushed into the midfield. He's a guy that could also be worth looking at IF Laird moves midfield permanently (I expect Laird is going to have a big impact when he goes through there and will ultimately be part of the 1st midfield group with Sloane and a Crouch if the Crows want to compete at the pointy end) but until then I think he's what he has been the past couple of years.

Otten - Really solid hitout for him, just reading the play terrifically and having an impact both ways. I'd be playing him over Cheney if there is any kind of cloud there and think he can hold a spot.

Kelly - The one who surprised me a bit more, had a clear role in defense and was there pretty much all half. Can score a bit and is cheap enough that he'd certainly be an option. I dare say that Cheney, Kelly and Otten are probably fighting for one spot as that hybrid 4th tall, 4th small type defenders but Kelly impressed me (Otten was better probably though).

Hampton - Great role, obviously slides back a bit when everyone is back but he's classier than anyone but Laird in their midfield and he's got more speed as well and he needs to be a guy they get the ball to as often as possible, be shocked if he isn't there round 1 and should be a great starting rookie defender.

M Crouch - Wouldn't shock me at all if he's a premium at season's end, I'm not gutsy enough to pick him this year with all the Fyfe and Beams out there but he's just a sloot.

Gallucci - Did a couple of nice things but based on his final score that might have been all he did over the 4 quarters. He'd be pushing for a game at most forwardlines but not this one, imo.

Menzel - Was working hard and also did some nice things but I think the same applies, he's behind the incumbent 6 forwards for sure so he needs basically Cameron to move out of the forwards to open a hole, it's possible but I'm not sure he'd be worth the premium unless you could comfortably say he's locked in and I wouldn't say that at all.

Brisbane - Also playing a close to full strength side, though that's misleading usage of "strength" because they're not very good and they certainly aren't strong...

Rockliff - Full time midfield role in the first half and just strolling around slutting it up. I dare say he scored most of his final score in the half I watched and based on his TOG also played most of his time. He looks noticeably fitter than the past couple of years and commentators (Browny most importantly) stressed he's had his best preseason in years and worked his butt off in response to losing the captaincy. Strongly considering him for my SC after watching.

Beams - Had the role I expected, midfield with some decent time chilling up on the HFF. Like Rockliff he looked fit and lazy at the same time, just chilling and playing pretty bruise free. Dare say he lifted in the 2nd half as I didn't notice him much in the 1st other than that his role was perfect for what I expected. Did nothing to remove himself or force himself on my teams, reckon he's up for a 95-105/100-110 type season if he can stay on the park.

Martin - Clear #1 ruck with Close offering the support, I liked this as Close is a very good chance of playing round 1 as the 3rd tall, and was solid himself early at least (looks like he also stopped). Martin was finding space and covering the ground very well. Basically he looked like Martin and not whatever last season was! Was operating separate to Rocky which was an added bonus as we all know what happens when those two engage sluttery together. He ticked the boxes I wanted from him to consider picking him, I may or may not do it but I'd not be surprised at all if he's 105+ in DT again.

Barrett - Didn't do a lot but the kid is silky and moves very well. Looks like the top prospect that he was at GWS and I think he's going to get plenty of chances. He moves like a star and has one of the nicer kicking actions you'll see (at least in shoddy 256k slideshow stream he does!). Solid rookie option for mine, believe he needs to be elevated which will make it obvious but he looks like the kind of player that you give a month to prove he can't play AFL rather than the reverse.

Hammelmann - Was getting Walker for most of the half, know he's meant to be pretty highly rated and he's expensive for a guy I don't think will score that well but if he can nab the 3rd tall role, which will be hard to tell with Frost out for round 1, he could be an option. Think he probably will struggle to make much cash but the Lions look like they'll be getting plenty of supply to their backs at least...

Zorko - Managed to make Rocky and Beams look energetic. His role was perfect (starting midfield group, high hff to rest) but he was not interested in this game. Still, do think he's a sneaky premium roughy if someone wants a durable and super unique play. He's that guy that no one will pick from the Lions trio and is probably 1.50 favourite to be the top scorer at the end of the year of the trio! Looked fit and moved well when he bothered.

The Lions have surprisingly few relevant players and they're almost all premiums which seems weird from a team that should give the spoon a real shout. Crows are missing their #1 guy so it's a bit of a nothing game. Happy to chip in on anyone else. Not sure I'll bother watching either of these teams again, Crows guys will either be picked (and are basically all known quantities anyway) or they wont and can move from there and the Lions guys are sort of the same, basically Rockliff, Beams, Zorko and Martin all looked fit and covered plenty of ground and that was the first 4 in the midfield. Barrett I expect like the Crows rookies will be either named or he wont and if he is I think he's a very solid M9-11 option at 128k, especially in SC where I think he is going to have a very solid DE ratio boost.

9. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Just finished the Dogs vs Suns game which until I was watching it I hadn't really realised just how many guys are fantasy relevant.

General - Really hard game to read, had almost no intensity to it early and the Suns were smashing it but the Dogs lifted a bit in the 3rd and 4th quarters but I think more noticeably the Suns just ran out of all puff and the Dogs smashed them from then on. Be interesting to know how much was the Suns wilting under even the slightest bit of pressure (a real issue for them historically) and how much was just fatigue, either way though given they're a good month ahead of the Dogs on training schedules for them to be the team that fatigued so much might be an even worse sign than just wilting under pressure.

Dogs - Was a full strength side per Bevo in the pregame chat and should basically expect the same 22 come round 1 if everyone is fit. No one really noteworthy was missing outside the LTI guys and I guess Dunkley. English and Adams seem to be next in line but all they did was warm the pine here. As mentioned above, their pressure was about a 1 out of 10 in the first half and got to maybe a 4 out of 10 in the 2nd half. It was a preseason hitout through and through for them but we got a good look at their structures and game plan and it looks largely unchanged. They're going to swarm numbers through the midfield with their mosquito fleet and just wear teams down with relentlessness.

Dahlhaus - Locked himself into my sides if he wasn't already. Just looked in tip top shape and ready to fire again. 100+ in both formats is a very reasonable expectation.

Macrae - Helped his case for my teams, had a pretty high midfield load and was in the first group for the Dogs which is a huge sign given how he'd floated out of that last year. Played well also, probably wont make my starting teams but his role was better than I expected.

Bont - Same old for him (can I even use that saying on someone his age?) but he looks fit and ready to go. Still looks a much better SC than DT option to me and is still going to rely on a big ratio by the looks.

MBoyd - Same role, taking kick ins and looks locked into one of the back spots, think he can score comparably to past couple of years. Didn't play most of the 4th quarter as he was off getting stitches so score is a bit deflated by that.

Murphy - Looked good to me. Probably just that little bit too expensive given his scoring history but he looked locked on the HBF.

JJ - Was the guy pushing up onto the wing and even a HFF of the rebounding defenders from last year. That worries me a bit for his fantasy scoring and I'll put him down as an upgrade target for myself, still looked fit and played well for anyone considering him as a bit of a smoky.

Hunter - Is still a little sloot on the outside just roaming around hunting the +6, pardon the pun.

Suckling - Played on a wing and was prolific. He's another who's a sneaky consideration after dealing with multiple injuries last year but not for me.

Stringer - Was playing much higher in the first half and finding plenty of the ball before staying a bit more at home late as they flew home. Not going to try and pick when he breaks to the next level like I think he will but he looked ominous to me.

Daniel - Racked it up without me even noticing him, another who could push towards a premium level as a forward but also another I'm going to jump on later if he does it rather than try and pick it. Just too many cooks in that midfield kitchen for me and I'm already going to have at least Dahl in my sides from the bye.

Suns - I feel like they have to be shattered by this result because of how it happened. They either got bullied off the park the second the Dogs let out a welp or completely ran out of steam with their best 22 on the field against a side that's a good month behind them on preparation, both outcome is embarrassing for a club that has had serious professionalism issues and would hopefully be expecting to turn them around. Eade clearly stated pre-game that they would pick 22 of the 24 that were playing for their round 1 side and it looks about right on paper.

Witts - He looks a bit leaner to me, might just be the GC tan, but he played great which is a little bit of a negative given how terribly he still scored against the worst ruck combo in the AFL, still, he's a very decent 1st round pick rookie price type given how a ruckman should score and he has averaged 70+ a couple of times in a ruck share so scoring ability is there. As negative as I probably sound on him here I reckon he showed enough for me to give up my loophole and start him, he should be able to make 200k and provide the Sandi cover that frees me to restructure my forwards away from a couple of guys I'm talking myself out of it each time I see them in a team

Bowes - Couple of nice things early, didn't notice him much at all though. He seemed to have a decent role and really just being best 22 and decently priced makes him a strong option. Looks to have some good ability just needs to find it more and work a bit harder for space.

Ablett - Started up forward and spent a lot of time there. Laid a few nice tackles but he certainly seemed to be favouring his heavily strapped shoulder still to me and looked like he had to think before tackling every time it happened (the one time he didn't think he got up very gingerly). Basically I didn't see anything from Ablett to make me want to pick him (which is just a weird sentence!).

Hall - This guy is a tormenting prospect. Firstly I see a DT only option because he's still often rubbish and he's just about always soft but he's proven that he can flat out score in that format. My question still remains if he can stay in the side with his refusal to do anything that falls even close to the difficult or hard line of the sport. There's that little part of me who sees the 120DT guy and wants to pick him and then there is the SC coach in me that sees a player that might be the least secure 100+ scorer in football history. He does so many really nice things and so many really bad things on a football field. He could easily be a top 5 DT mid though this year.

Miller - A lot like Daniel he seemed to accumulate a decent score without me ever really noticing him (outside a couple of good plays). I didn't see enough from him to really force my hand to pick him at his price, another I'm happy to jump on if he breaks out and avoid the risk of trying to pick it. Mostly though it was all the other names to come that have me avoiding him because the midfield was deep with players.

Barlow - He played really well, very decent midfield minutes and was one of the 3 that Eade went to later in the 4th to try and arrest the slide (Ablett and Swallow were the other two). I actually don't see any reason he can't push back towards the 105-110 mark playing that kind of role for the Suns, I'm only not picking him because I don't trust that role to remain if they lose plenty early and go into youth mode again.

KK - Didn't seem to have a noticeable role change, still seemed to get stuck in mismatches where he is outsized and gives away frees (which makes no sense given their KPD). His score was much better than I expected when I looked at the end of the game though so that's a huge positive. With the level I think the premium threshold is at down back I'm happy to avoid, on a positive he looks a lot fitter than last year.

Lynch - That's his score for a half, the only problem is that he played the entire 2nd half... I had him last year and his tendency to score all his points in a quarter or two was strong. That said I guess if he's scoring 100+ it doesn't matter how he does it! He looked super fit and worked to all the right spaces in the 1st half and then seemed to just be the leagues most expensive decoy in the 2nd half but also had the clear factor that held him back last year.... when his midfield goes home the supply really does dry up rapidly and it really doesn't matter how high he works because the Suns are just dreadful at extracting it from their back half once it goes in there. One day he's going to average 110 on a good team but they didn't look a good team in the 2nd half.

Ainsworth - One of the few Suns who did more in the 2nd half (or anything) and he looks physically ready but if I'm not looking to pick Lynch because of the midfield I'm certainly not liking Ainsworth chances of doing much. Did find some good spaces though but he kind of reminds me of Ben Keays last year at Brisbane, he'll do some nice things but he's still stuck as the 6th forward on a team that doesn't look great.

Swallow - Looked fit, had a great role, basically was either playing rover or a roaming HFF that pushed where ever the ball was. Was one of the few who was still working late in the game and throwing his weight around. As mentioned in the Barlow comment, was also one of the 3 go to mids for Eade when he wanted to win a clearance which was good to see as it's a good sign his body is feeling alright. Did enough for me.

Hanley - Attended a lot of centre bounces and had a more inside role than the past few years under Leppitsch. Similar to the role he played in his standout season a couple of years ago. Having said that, he looks unfit to me, I dare say all the injuries and the family illness has taken a toll on him as he's just not the same shape he was when he was at his best, just looks like the A grade player who can only trade a couple of times a month out there relying on natural speed and talent.

Brodie - I genuinely didn't even notice he was playing which is safe to say is not a good sign. Would think based on the comments by Eade that he's one of the two to miss round 1. Would think it's probably between Ah Chee and Ainsworth for the other spot, I reckon that was a dead heat this game.

Leslie - Probably the one who stood out the most to me of their rookie priced guys (DT only). He looked composed and seemed to have the 3rd tall role to himself. Eade's comments make me think that will hold up next week on the team sheet and I think he's a sneaky DT play as a result. 218k but think he can score 50-80 points in the 3rd tall role and did seem to use the ball quite well and find some space at times. He'd be right near the bottom of rookie back options from a cash generation but I think he's at least a worst case scenario type who might surprise like a Collins type did last year with some genuine cash generation. That 3rd tall position has been a nightmare for them for as long as I can remember so would think he gets a chance to secure it at the least, especially with Day done.

As usual I think I've done all the fantasy relevant guys but if you've got another or anything else, ask away

11. Likes whale, Hodges, dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    For me Taranto is that guy I'm hoping to not have to pick. I expect he's there round 1 to be picked and I think he plays 3 or 4 games more than likely but I'm not sure it's enough to lock in a spot and it's probably not enough to make cash at his starting price.
    think this is a great point, at $207K he needs more than a couple of price rises, he needs to play at least 6-8 games minimum to make the sort cash needed to justify the starting price. he can have a great first month, and still be a wasted pick. He needs 2 months, and that seems hard to predict or guarantee
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    JLT Summary Spreadsheet for RDT (may have one for SC later in the week)
    Attachment 8723
    How does the PP/100M vs Adj.avg work? I figured the higher PP/100M you have, the higher average you'd get but that doesn't appear to be the case?

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    How does the PP/100M vs Adj.avg work? I figured the higher PP/100M you have, the higher average you'd get but that doesn't appear to be the case?
    Adjusted average is based on a players average TOG% from AFL games since 2014 (excluding sub games).
    So KPPs would have a much higher TOG than mids for example.

If a player has yet to debut it is set at 75% tog with a couple of exceptions (again for KPPs like T.Stewart or Eddy).

15. Likes dylan123 liked this post