Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Forward Premiums

All discussion to do with Forwards Premiums.

Note: If you are talking about a player for only one competition please state if it is for DT or SC.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Forward Premiums

Nick Riewoldt is my Matthew Boyd this season (DT).

Locking in from day 1 and will not leave my team.

I think it'll be pretty hard to leave out Macrae and Heeney also.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post

I think it'll be pretty hard to leave out Macrae and Heeney also.
    Riewoldt is a hard sell for me in DT. 35 this year, coming off a comfortably career best year with a shaky durability record. His average also includes that career best 200 to end the season that boosted his average 5 points on it's own.

I can see him being one of the top scorers though but I don't see any upside value in him so your only real starting benefit is saving a trade and getting his early scores locked in, so need him to start like a house on fire really which is absolutely possible.

It is a strong move though and his new role certainly seemed to revitalise him last year which is nice and helps explain the scoring boost. Tough to say whether he is a better start or upgrade target based on everything, though I tend to lean upgrade with the feeling he may be a bit overpriced and his durability concerns.

Certainly can be a season shaper though to start with if he can sustain or even improve his average. Like Shaw last year, a lot of people went scrambling after him only for him to come back to the pack while those who started him could chase Doch, Simpson or Boyd who all powered home after strong starts.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magpie fwd/mid C Brown has fallen ill with Glandular Fever

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-3...e-callum-brown

not an ideal thing to happen at this time of season just before pre season trial games begin.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post

Still locking him in?

I've currently got him, mainly due to how poor the other premiums are and he's someone who will score well and probably be required which has me of the opinion it's better to start him rather then trade him in. On the other hand, really paying top dollar for him and it could be a hard number to back up (given it was a PB fantasy year) which we might see his price drop back down a bit - he's basically 100k more than a Dahlhaus type option.

As for how he might be used this year, also not sure what to make of it. The prospect of him being used like Richo was in his final couple of seasons is exciting from a fantasy perspective but it's not as if he struggled to score constantly last year. The freako mention in his first pre season game he only had one possession in the forward 50 which could see his goal numbers hurt a bit with him not being in the forward line as much.

With saying the above, he probably remains in my team due to the lack of options and I'd rather start with someone his age then trade him in, I'm just not big on the price tag.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Still locking him in?

I've currently got him, mainly due to how poor the other premiums are and he's someone who will score well and probably be required which has me of the opinion it's better to start him rather then trade him in. On the other hand, really paying top dollar for him and it could be a hard number to back up (given it was a PB fantasy year) which we might see his price drop back down a bit - he's basically 100k more than a Dahlhaus type option.

As for how he might be used this year, also not sure what to make of it. The prospect of him being used like Richo was in his final couple of seasons is exciting from a fantasy perspective but it's not as if he struggled to score constantly last year. The freako mention in his first pre season game he only had one possession in the forward 50 which could see his goal numbers hurt a bit with him not being in the forward line as much.

With saying the above, he probably remains in my team due to the lack of options and I'd rather start with someone his age then trade him in, I'm just not big on the price tag.
    Hasn't left my team

I think he's in a premium category on his own up forward (DT). I like Dahl and Macrae but I don't think either are capable of a 110ppg season.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With they way Bruce, Membry and McCartin are going, Nroo isn't needed up forward and can still roam the wings picking up those +6's.
    Starting for my in RDT.

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Riewoldt is tempting but loathe to spend that much on a forward. That said, if he replicates last years numbers he's a must have as he's a good 10 points per game ahead of the next best forward. Last year he missed a game and still scored 247 points more than the next highest scoring forward.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm considering taking nRoo as my only forward premium. And loading up on the mid priced guys here. Ryder, Nankervis and Roughead I'm seeing too much value in.

10. Likes Big Sledge #32, Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

SC Selection Stats:

Eddy - 54.9%
    Dahlhaus - 46.0%
    Roughy - 43.0%
    Pickett - 41.7%
    Taranto - 41.0%
    Nank - 34.6%
    Steele - 27.8%
    Parfitt - 25.8%
    Franklin - 22.1%
    Strnadica - 21.8%
    Cameron - 20.3%
    Macrae - 20.1%
    McCarthy - 19.6%
    Greene - 17.7%
    Butler - 17.0%
    WHE - 15.9%

Ryder, Black, JJK, Bowes, Boyd, Petracca, Miles, Houston, Ainsworth, NRoo and McLuggage are all in the 10-15% range.

Stats for me again match the general feel of not having a clue.

Dahlhaus is the defensive pick if there are any, he's very popular (as he should be, imo) and is the only guy who can genuinely hurt of the premiums. This is going to be a more unique position though with even the rookies a bit all over the shop given even the top guys are pretty much all inflated by their DPP and midfield selections. Can't recall there ever being 3 genuine midprice types in the top 7 before at any position ever so that's different and can throw in Ryder, Boyd and Petracca as another 3 in the 10-15% group. Strongly indicates to me that there are coaches running with 3-4 midprice forwards commonly (I've flirted with it...) and that anyone not running midprice forwards is going to have the unique structure (WTF!) this year.

This is the position that I think will win/lose the game. I still have no idea what I'm doing, I'm basically rotating through Ryder, Nank, Steele and Roughy each time I tinker with the odd, ditch them all and premium up outcome as well!

12. Likes Bert1, Athomas, Elvs1, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a big number for Taranto given his price.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

14. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    That's a big number for Taranto given his price.
    He's DPP though so probably 10% of that is in the midfield and you can add 10% on name recognition as well.

Also a bit of the reason Nank is so high I reckon is he's getting picked a bit in the rucks also.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    He's DPP though so probably 10% of that is in the midfield and you can add 10% on name recognition as well.

Also a bit of the reason Nank is so high I reckon is he's getting picked a bit in the rucks also.
    I reckon Taranto has filled the Bowes / Brodie / Ainsworth void to a certain extent (in terms of maintaining a structure)
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 weeks into the season and the forward premiums are interesting. There's a handful of names that are clearly there (in both comps) like Dahlhaus, Macrae, Yeo and Nick R.

Any opinions on who will be top 8 for average by the end of the year?

DT - In no order I have the above 4 then Franklin, Heeney, Cameron then B Hill, Higgins, I Smith and the Lynchs.
    SC - The above 4 plus JJK, then Nank, Heeney, Lynch, Franklin, Cameron.

Any names you think I've missed? I'm looking at upgrades and players I might sideways through the byes. There's some interesting names to consider.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in DT at least i think Steele is a real chance to stay in the top 10 forwards.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!