Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Forward Midpricers

Just gotten around to looking at the forward line and there are some fantastic options, could see myself running with one premium and 5 midpriced options at this early stage.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Going to give Touk another mention. As Wog said, there is an opening in the midfield for him and it seems on the weekend he spent most of his time there again. 83% TOG with 96 and 113 DT and SC respectively. His tackle number sin the midfield give him a good base to work off. Tends to be inside so his marking is low but as mentioned is offset by his tackle numbers. Finished with 5 tons in his last 8 games playing in the midfield last year (with an average of 105.5 over those same games).

I am strongly considering him given how week the forward line is this year.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

3. Likes Elvs1, pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree Miller is definitely worth a look.
    Has put up great numbers when playing that midfield role, while Swallow may come back into the mid field Prestia is out so not a lot of change.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Barlow coming into the side along with Lyons as well for that matter.

Kind of sucks for Lyons, goes to a side with a number of midfielders which could see him fighting for game time or at least midfield minutes.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ablett as well, who was missing when Miller really hit his hot streak last year.

Really like Touk as a player though, certainly worth some thought.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Miller's issue is the other names in but they've got Prestia out and all the talk is Ablett playing forward more and if they think he's gone they'd be prioritising Miller anyway.

Think Miller was elevated into the leadership group also iirc, which means he will get priority. Pretty sure a couple of their kids are HFF/Mid types as well.

Realistically you've got Barlow to do grunt work and then Swallow and Ablett who are great players and then it's the flaky as shit Hall and Miller on experience that would be the first 4 midfielders I'd have thought.(Not sure when Rischa is back but he isn't the future anyway).

Pretty important to get a read on how they're using Hanley also, if he's playing mid he's ahead of all but Ablett at his best but no idea if he's fit or playing midfield or what. Also a different type to Miller anyway.

Miller is probably the pick of the unproven midpricers for me at this point. Actually don't think that Merrett type breakout is beyond him as a best case scenario but he only needs about 80% of that to be a success and has sustained premium numbers in the right role behind him.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few have mentioned him already but Paddy Ryder looking in great touch!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toby Nankervis having a big game v Port. Cracked the SC 100 at 3/4 time. Worth a look in place of Ryder if you're looking to save some cash. Both are R/F and both have good byes. On the latter note, in my view, Geel, Nth, Rich and WC players are just as valuable as GC / Port players given Rd 9 is best 22 and Rd 12 is best 18.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

10. Likes KickItToButch, Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Billings has had a couple of stand out performances so far, always a guy I've rated as a good chance to break out one day. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the season for it. Probably not willing to take the punt myself though.

12. Likes KickItToButch liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Toby Nankervis having a big game v Port. Cracked the SC 100 at 3/4 time. Worth a look in place of Ryder if you're looking to save some cash. Both are R/F and both have good byes. On the latter note, in my view, Geel, Nth, Rich and WC players are just as valuable as GC / Port players given Rd 9 is best 22 and Rd 12 is best 18.
    Really looking at slotting him into my forwardline. Then taking Gawn/Sandi in the rucks. Whenever/if Sandi gets rested I'll downgrade him to a FWD and move Nank to R2 if viable.

I watched him in the first game vs Adelaide and he has shown more than enough to suggest that he keeps Hampson at bay.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

14. Likes Elvs1 liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nankervis and Steele are almost locked into my forwards for SC atm.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Really looking at slotting him into my forwardline. Then taking Gawn/Sandi in the rucks. Whenever/if Sandi gets rested I'll downgrade him to a FWD and move Nank to R2 if viable.

I watched him in the first game vs Adelaide and he has shown more than enough to suggest that he keeps Hampson at bay.
    Reckon Nankervis has more juice as a forward than ruck myself. Can't see him getting in the 110+ range that has been the premium standard the past few seasons now but don't think that 90+, which is the starting range for forward premiums, is beyond him at all. Might even go both Ryder and Nankervis up forward for the coverage and because both are real premium chances, especially now that Heeney is out.

My only concern on Nankervis is the unknown, never proven anything as a scorer and we don't know what Hardwick will do in terms of backup choices if everyone is fit. Nankervis is almost certainly the best forward of their ruck stocks which always makes his chances of being the R2 that bit higher if they do roll with two of the rucks.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Reckon Nankervis has more juice as a forward than ruck myself. Can't see him getting in the 110+ range that has been the premium standard the past few seasons now but don't think that 90+, which is the starting range for forward premiums, is beyond him at all. Might even go both Ryder and Nankervis up forward for the coverage and because both are real premium chances, especially now that Heeney is out.

My only concern on Nankervis is the unknown, never proven anything as a scorer and we don't know what Hardwick will do in terms of backup choices if everyone is fit. Nankervis is almost certainly the best forward of their ruck stocks which always makes his chances of being the R2 that bit higher if they do roll with two of the rucks.
    That's one of the reasons I want him as a forward. I'm pretty confident of him putting up 90s in SC which is decent enough for a forward this year I imagine.

Plus it allows me to take Gawn who I'm more confident in putting up 110+ which confidently outstrips whatever forward premium I'd be replacing him with.

The switching Nank into the ruck strategy is essentially my injury contingency for Sandi if/when he goes down or gets rested. It wouldn't be a full season thing, I'd either flip him to a Goldy/Grundy (Exected top R2 scoring wise) or upgrade a FWD rookie to him and switching him back into the FWDs. Depending on the time of the year I'd simply upgrade Sandi if it fit in on my upgrade schedule.

I think I don't expect them to play Hampson because Nank looks like a superior player under the eye test in the games I've seen. If he does make it back I'd expect Hampson to be forced into those bit player roles he had to undertake when Maric was the undisputed #1 ruck 3 seasons or so ago.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    That's one of the reasons I want him as a forward. I'm pretty confident of him putting up 90s in SC which is decent enough for a forward this year I imagine.

Plus it allows me to take Gawn who I'm more confident in putting up 110+ which confidently outstrips whatever forward premium I'd be replacing him with.

The switching Nank into the ruck strategy is essentially my injury contingency for Sandi if/when he goes down or gets rested. It wouldn't be a full season thing, I'd either flip him to a Goldy/Grundy (Exected top R2 scoring wise) or upgrade a FWD rookie to him and switching him back into the FWDs. Depending on the time of the year I'd simply upgrade Sandi if it fit in on my upgrade schedule.

I think I don't expect them to play Hampson because Nank looks like a superior player under the eye test in the games I've seen. If he does make it back I'd expect Hampson to be forced into those bit player roles he had to undertake when Maric was the undisputed #1 ruck 3 seasons or so ago.
    I obviously haven't watched their preseason games yet (might not get a chance even!) but I have no idea what they're planning for their 2nd ruck, maybe Griffith but he's super injury prone. Going to be the big question I think for that side, Nankervis could end up playing forward because both Maric and Hampson have pretty conclusively shown they can't.

That said, think he will get first shot at the #1 ruck gig, they've targeted him and given him the early lead so good signs.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Possibly a little too awkwardly priced in DT but Hoskin-Elliot is $213k in SC ($259k DT and $230k LOL) and has played all 3 preseason games at Collingwood, mainly across half-forward.

Scores:
    70/83 vs Ess from 73% TOG with 2 goals
    45/64 vs Freo from 68% TOG with 0 goals

Currently 38DT/47SC at half time against Richmond from 76% TOG and 0 goals.
    Last edited by divvydan; 11th March 2017 at 01:29 PM.

20. Likes Crow-mo liked this post