Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Forward Midpricers

Billings is one of those guys who is going to get hyped up every year, then just not quite deliver. I'm willing to miss the boat with him, if it ever leaves shore.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Billings is one of those guys who is going to get hyped up every year, then just not quite deliver. I'm willing to miss the boat with him, if it ever leaves shore.
    I can certainly see the Robbie Gray or Gary Ablett comparisons on this one who were definitely similar before making their leaps. Ablett did it logically and made it easy, Gray managed to troll for an extra half decade to really do the job properly. Billings, mostly thanks to his coach, has taken one giant leap towards the Gray path though!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Billings will be great the year after he gets rid of the coach who holds him back currently.

Hell he could be a nice mid year option once Ratten takes over and he makes the no brainer moves that Richo doesn't.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jack Darling is certainly a unique pick worth consideration, could really benefit with the new 6-6-6 rule just giving him so much space to work in.

He is priced at 471K, in the prime of his career.

Here are some stats from last year :-

He started last season on fire, big breakout year where he was arguably one of the best players in the game for the first 10 weeks :-

Pre injury (both with and without JK in the side) he averaged 109, top score of 181 against Richmond.That game his marking was just incredible - vice like hands throughout.

In that 10 game period he had 1 poor game v Carlton, scoring just 42.

He had 2 scores of 14 and -1 as he battled injury, then over a 7 game stretch he only averaged 50 as he built fitness post injury.

The last 4 games of the season including finals he averaged 100.

Yesterday he was very rusty, dropping many marks he should really take & missed at least 3 easy shots on goal yet still scored 96.

A very tempting option to consider.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

5. Likes Elvs1, Notorious_29, Athomas, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really like Darling, my only concern is he shares the bye with Danger and Heeney. Which should be fine if you don't stack the rest of you team with WK13 guys.

7. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Petition to move Darling to the forward premos thread.

Darling has been in my side most the PS, think he is a real value pick this year. The new rules giving lead up forwards more space to work in suits him perfectly. He plays in a powerhouse team so you know he is getting the supply every game. And as we saw in the two JLT games, he can knock out big scores even when he is having a pretty ordinary game (by the eye test). I don’t expect him to match last years crazy start, but I’m confident he will be a top 6 guy.

Bye is a small issue but can be worked around given Dangers dpp status. Would require some planning, but not a dealbreaker imo.
    Only ever talking SC

9. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep in my side already.

11. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's going to suck rooting for him. One of my most disliked players.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah, I can't bring myself to pick him because he's just such a complete tosser of a human. Like he makes Wingard seem positively charismatic and he was hard to have in my team last year!

He's certainly got one of the stronger cases. Certainly has the feel of a year where the 4 of the top 6 forwards will probably come from in the 80s or below, imo. Darling, Billings, Gresham, Walters, Boak, Wingard, Greene, Petracca, Cameron, Parfitt, Curnow, Dahlhaus, Daniel, Lobb, Woerpel, Higgins and Fisher without even going any further all have cases to be 95+ scorers which if the majority of the 100 group do drop as would be reasonably expected given who they are would probably be enough.

As much as I like Heeney, the injury has me struggling a bit to even pay for him with all those options.

14. Likes Narkee liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm starting to share your worry on Heeney @Wogitalia .

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anyone thinking Dahlhaus can hit his former glory form? I need to watch the second half of the Geelong v Bombers game but in the first half he was following the ball around and seems fit.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve moved Heeney out of my side already. He had it rolled inwards, those are always worse. It’s just enough doubt for mine to want to take Darling over him. Pretty happy to roll with Danger, Kelly and Darling as my forward premos. Heeney is the only must have upgrade, like Wogi said there’s a wealth of guys who could make the jump this year - happy to wait and see who does.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I'm starting to share your worry on Heeney @Wogitalia .
    FWIW he was cleared of any significant injury and is expected to play round 1. His role is good, much better than last year and he's had his first full preseason it's just a shame how it ended.

I still like him but I'd be pretty fine jumping on a Kelly type if I thought the 20k could do something for the side overall.

Still think Heeney is the best bet to go 105+ though of the entire pack not named Danger and leaning towards picking him but it does throw a spanner in there.

Anyone thinking Dahlhaus can hit his former glory form? I need to watch the second half of the Geelong v Bombers game but in the first half he was following the ball around and seems fit.
    Yeah I can see it. Really last year is his only geniunely bad year but my issues with him are pretty simple.

I've already got Danger locked and I've picked both Heeney and Kelly as well right now so it is a bye issue. That and I think the Cats are basically in the same spot as the Dogs are with their forwards. Danger will score great (Macrae). Selwood will score strong (Bont). Duncan will roam (Hunter). Kelly has the next role (Libba?) and then you've got Dahlhaus, Ablett, Menegola and Parfitt all fighting for the scraps essentially. There is probably a good case Kelly should be in that group but his class separates him for mine and Ablett genuinely makes sense as a forward. Basically I'm happy to wait and see with that group and see if a premium comes of it or if there is too much sharing of points. I also think they probably score a bit volatile which means there prices probably remain constant or cheaper anyway.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dahlhaus needs permanent midfield minutes to be good and I don't see him getting that at Geelong. He's an awful forward.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a comment on Moore re strategy. It appears most are looking to start him in the FWDs and creating the link with Burgess. Whilst that will provide good flexibility overall and through upgrade season, it's not going to be particularly useful during rolling lockout. From Rd 1 to the byes Collingwood has 7 Thurs/Fri night and 3 Sat 1.45pm games. For the same reason, a floating donut strategy using a dead D/F in place of Burgess is not really going to fly.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"