Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Forward Rookies

Was interesting that one, not sure who the sources were but assume they are correct. Might have to find the 2k I need to get Cameron back now.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Going to be some very interesting variation in the forwards, imo, if everyone that looks like being named it. You'll have coaches who chase the cheapest guys and you'll have some who chase the more proven guys, I'm honestly in no mans land for how I feel about the position, part of me wants to take extra midpricers just to hide from it!
    I'm thinking the same way.

The quantity should be there, I'm just not sure of the quality.

Basically, you've got:

Hoskin-Elliot
    Taranto
    McCarthy

Ainsworth
    Menzel
    Turner
    Bowes

Stewart
    Florent
    Simpkin
    Butler
    Miles
    Pickett
    Lebois
    Cameron
    Parfitt
    Eddy

as options (and possibly more). Bolded are the ones I'm pretty keen on, and even then it's a lot to think about, especially as I'm thinking of running a donut! At least more than a few are DP.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Here we go on the Horse dream of pulling off 7 KPF again...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

5. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he is out again now, lacerated finger.
    Only ever talking SC

7. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-2...-against-lions

GOLD Coast is preparing to unveil six new faces in its round one team to play the Brisbane Lions on Saturday night, including four mature recruits and two draftees.

Pearce Hanley (Lions), Jarrod Witts (Collingwood), Jarryd Lyons (Adelaide) and Michael Barlow (Fremantle) will all play their first games in the red and yellow following off-season moves.

Ben Ainsworth, taken with the fourth pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, and Jack Bowes (No.10) are also expected to debut.

Hanley, Barlow and Ainsworth played all three JLT Community Series games, while Witts has recovered from split webbing and Lyons from Achilles soreness to claim their positions in a revamped midfield.

Eade has been full of praise for Bowes all pre-season, with the Suns Academy product starting his games on the half-back line.
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-2...-against-lions

Do like that Bowes is playing half back which is a lucrative role for fantasy, much better than as a fwd pocket which is the dead zone essentially.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Houston and Eddy both officially upgraded today as well.

Also Lloyd and Reid at GWS and Schade at Collingwood were elevated off the rookie list.

Lloyd is a dirt cheap mid rookie that is a mature aged guy, would be interesting if he is named.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by lifelike_ View Post
    I'm thinking the same way.

The quantity should be there, I'm just not sure of the quality.

Basically, you've got:

Hoskin-Elliot
    Taranto
    McCarthy

Ainsworth
    Menzel
    Turner
    Bowes

Stewart
    Florent
    Simpkin
    Butler
    Miles
    Pickett
    Lebois
    Cameron
    Parfitt
    Eddy

as options (and possibly more). Bolded are the ones I'm pretty keen on, and even then it's a lot to think about, especially as I'm thinking of running a donut! At least more than a few are DP.
    +Houston.

My thoughts on the above:

70+
    Taranto

60-70
    Bowes
    McCarthy (SC)
    Eddy
    Parfitt
    Miles
    Turner

55-60
    McCarthy (DT)
    Ainsworth
    WHE
    Menzel
    Houston
    Florent
    Simpkin

<55
    Butler
    Pickett
    Stewart
    LeBois
    Cameron

I'm bullish on Simpkin and Bowes. Think both could deliver. Don't think there's a heap to separate Bowes, Turner, Simpkin or Florent, which is yet another reason why I'd probably prefer to go the base guys.

Houston could be an interesting gamble. Think he can score OK, but worried he will be out as soon as Broadbent is back. That said I don't think he hurts those that don't pick him.

But really, think if Parfitt, Miles and Eddy are named, they will be in my F6-8 positions just due to price.

Cameron probably picks himself in RDT at R3 and probably the only other one I wouldn't mind would be Pickett due to the DPP and the fact I think he would have among the highest security. He would be M11.

11. Likes Wogitalia, Narkee, lifelike_ liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    Houston could be an interesting gamble. Think he can score OK, but worried he will be out as soon as Broadbent is back. That said I don't think he hurts those that don't pick him.
    Read somewhere that Broadbent is good to go round 1 so if Houston is named it could be a good sign.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

13. Likes pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Read somewhere that Broadbent is good to go round 1 so if Houston is named it could be a good sign.
    http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/new...-of-jlt-series

ROBBIE GRAY and Chad Wingard are in full training after being managed last weekend and Matthew Broadbent should be cleared in time for the Power’s opening round game.

That will leave just two men – Jasper Pittard and Dougal Howard - on the injury list.

Broadbent should be cleared for selection next week, according to Port Adelaide’s head of high performance Darren Burgess.

“Broady is looking pretty good at this stage, we’re comfortable with where he’s at and he’ll train fully next week,” Burgess told portadelaidefc.com.au.
    http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/new...-of-jlt-series

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

+Houston.

My thoughts on the above:

70+
    Taranto

60-70
    Bowes
    McCarthy (SC)
    Eddy
    Parfitt
    Miles
    Turner

55-60
    McCarthy (DT)
    Ainsworth
    WHE
    Menzel
    Houston
    Florent
    Simpkin

<55
    Butler
    Pickett
    Stewart
    LeBois
    Cameron

I'm bullish on Simpkin and Bowes. Think both could deliver. Don't think there's a heap to separate Bowes, Turner, Simpkin or Florent, which is yet another reason why I'd probably prefer to go the base guys.

But really, think if Parfitt, Miles and Eddy are named, they will be in my F6-8 positions just due to price.

Cameron probably picks himself in RDT at R3 and probably the only other one I wouldn't mind would be Pickett due to the DPP and the fact I think he would have among the highest security. He would be M11.
    For the added relevance of this, Taranto scoring 75 every week would make roughly the same cash as a 117k guy scoring 55 every week. Obviously this oversimplifies the impact that big/small scores can have but for the most part by round 9 that will be averaged out of the system and spikes are really just a timing difference (still very useful, obviously). So really if you're taking a Taranto type it's for two things, job security and on field scoring. Really it comes down to if you can get more points on the field by spending that 100k somewhere else.

Turner and guys around him are ~65 on to generate the same cash. Guys like Roughy and Steele need to average mid 90s to make the same kind of cash but obviously they're likely keepers if they do that. They'll fall ~50k short at 90 averages, though with a decent spike score would obviously close that gap and you'd again have more points on the field in most cases.

16. Likes KFC liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    For the added relevance of this, Taranto scoring 75 every week would make roughly the same cash as a 117k guy scoring 55 every week. Obviously this oversimplifies the impact that big/small scores can have but for the most part by round 9 that will be averaged out of the system and spikes are really just a timing difference (still very useful, obviously). So really if you're taking a Taranto type it's for two things, job security and on field scoring. Really it comes down to if you can get more points on the field by spending that 100k somewhere else.

Turner and guys around him are ~65 on to generate the same cash. Guys like Roughy and Steele need to average mid 90s to make the same kind of cash but obviously they're likely keepers if they do that. They'll fall ~50k short at 90 averages, though with a decent spike score would obviously close that gap and you'd again have more points on the field in most cases.
    yep. And what I also think needs to be factored in, is whether that 100k or 50k extra can be spent giving the rest of your side an extra premium, because if the answer is yes, then it makes it even harder to justify paying the premium for rookies.

Do think Taranto with the scores he has put up in pre-season is close to a must pick though. If nothing else, I think he ticks the above explanation based on the available mid rookies.

One other point, I think having one or two of these premium rookies however can give you a leg up on the upgrade process. Taranto with a decent start is 300k plus after just round 4.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

yep. And what I also think needs to be factored in, is whether that 100k or 50k extra can be spent giving the rest of your side an extra premium, because if the answer is yes, then it makes it even harder to justify paying the premium for rookies.

Do think Taranto with the scores he has put up in pre-season is close to a must pick though. If nothing else, I think he ticks the above explanation based on the available mid rookies.

One other point, I think having one or two of these premium rookies however can give you a leg up on the upgrade process. Taranto with a decent start is 300k plus after just round 4.
    Easing an upgrade could just be achieved by holding the cash and then being more flexible (assuming you can find a rookie to match the output and cash generation of course) though, really you've just put it into a term deposit so to speak by locking it away.

The thing I'm noticing each time I tinker is just how bad the midfield rookies are looking. Genuinely looking like it could be where I hide a loophole (Myers without looking at schedule makes a lot of sense as not having a totally dead pick there), reckon those who want to start 5 midfield rookies are going to be needing to grab at least 2 or 3 of the above DPP guys. Still no elevation for Barrett who is genuinely the 2nd best rookie mid right now, even without the elevation, that I can see!

I've 99% locked Witts in as a rookie pick also now, at the same price as Taranto I think he can be an 80+ scorer and he's got the best job security and role of any rookie priced player. So that's one expensive rookie already and realistically if you take 3 of them you've got a midpricer to premium upgrade burned on rookies which is a lot of added risk given that even the best rookies are very speculative and midpricers are always risky.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Also, GWS has just confirmed that Taranto will make his debut.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-2...o2-picks-debut

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sportsday SA‏

Ken Hinkley: We'll have debutants. We'll have more than one.
    Brett Eddy AND Dan Houston look set to both debut.