Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    476 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

Re: Forward Rookies

74, 33, 53

I'd be happy with a 60 average. (DT Numbers)
    hoff.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Elvs1 @Hodges Thoughts on Teia Miles?

Fwd/Mid Priced at 123K in SC & 132,400 RDT

Played all three preseason matches scoring 58 DT v Cats, 46 v Roos & 63 v Port.

3rd season at the club,looks like a quality ball user, hawks high possession game plan is fantasy friendly, dual position handy.

Would he be best 22?
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    @Elvs1 @Hodges Thoughts on Teia Miles?

Fwd/Mid Priced at 123K in SC & 132,400 RDT

Played all three preseason matches scoring 58 DT v Cats, 46 v Roos & 63 v Port.

3rd season at the club,looks like a quality ball user, hawks high possession game plan is fantasy friendly, dual position handy.

Would he be best 22?
    I like him, the fact he's played all 3 JLT games is a good sign and like you mentioned should have a good role and be able score well.

Think he's borderline best 22, so many guys competing for those last couple of spots really too hard to predict.
    If he gets selected for R1 then I reckon its his spot to lose, Clarko does like to give some new guys a go at the start of the year to keep things fresh.
    Earlier in the JLT Hodge mentioned him as the most likely of the kids to get game early on, saying his big advantage over others is that he's versatile and can play a few different positions.

If he's pick R1 he'll be in all my sides, and possible on the field in some.

4. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cheers @Elvs1 , I liked what I saw of him on tv also - he seemed to handle the physical punishment ( got tackled heavily a few times) no problem, playing off half back mainly in a lucrative role.

If picked, he would help the structure of my sides in a major way so fingers crossed.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah to be honest I don't know a huge amount about the kid as far as potential role goes, but Elvs covered that. I saw him play the last game and was super impressed, he goes in hard, tackles well and looks to be pretty composed. Certainly passed the eye test for mine.
    Only ever talking SC

7. Likes Bunga liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeta View Post
    Butler confirmed playing on Thursday
    Not sure if I want to go with Butler, but may not have any other options SC wise anyway.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-2...ake-roo-debuts

EXCITING youngster Jy Simpkin is poised to debut for North Melbourne against West Coast at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, while recycled recruits Nathan Hrovat and Marley Williams should join him in the Roos' 22.

North coach Brad Scott signalled at the club's season launch last Friday night that some debutants would play against the Eagles, then sung the praises of Simpkin, former Western Bulldog Hrovat and ex-Magpie Williams.

"It's certainly a new era for us. With that will certainly come some debuts [this] week," Scott said.

"We're really excited to see who the 995th Shinboner is going to be to represent the North Melbourne Football Club."

Simpkin was North's first pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft at No.12 overall but had a delayed start to his first pre-season at Arden St as he recovered from a broken leg.

The former Murray Bushranger put a strong case forward for round one selection in North's final two JLT Community Series games, providing a spark in the second half of North's 21-point win over Hawthorn before impressing with 14 possessions and a clever snapped goal in the 38-point loss to Greater Western Sydney.

"Jy has made a really impressive start," Scott said.

"We were talking about him today at match committee and it's really unusual to see a young player who's got genuine outside class but also has a terrific work rate, unbelievable courage and is genuinely tough – and all those things sum up Jy."
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-2...ake-roo-debuts

162K fwd in SC.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Looks like there are going to be plenty of forward rookies but I'm not sure any of them are guys you really want on the field so far. Turner probably has the best role of the guys I've seen as far as reasonable scoring potential that will even remotely consistent, everyone else has the kind of role where they could easily score 30.

Forward loophole might be very valuable this year with the quality of the rookies looking thin but the quantity fairly high.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Who is more secure out of he and Turner? Given their JLT scoring, I would rather pay the extra 10k(?) and grab Turner.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cam McCarthy would have the best job security for sure out of all the fwd rookies so it is a case of weighing up if you are prepared to pay just over 200K for him.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Who is more secure out of he and Turner? Given their JLT scoring, I would rather pay the extra 10k(?) and grab Turner.
    Reckon both are pretty solid r1 picks.

Turner was playing a HFF and Simpkin the pocket for pretty much the entire GWS game and they had basically everyone but Brown (Preuss instead) of their best forwards.

Pretty much reckon you've got the spots opened by Wells and Harvey there that will directly open up forward slots as well as NDS who spent a fair bit of time across HFF last year as well.

Turner for mine is probably the stronger pick of the pair but I'd say they're both in the better half of the rookies from the price/ability position.

Going to be some very interesting variation in the forwards, imo, if everyone that looks like being named it. You'll have coaches who chase the cheapest guys and you'll have some who chase the more proven guys, I'm honestly in no mans land for how I feel about the position, part of me wants to take extra midpricers just to hide from it!
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVW gets a throwaway line and Hibberd not even mentioned. Not the best news.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah it depends what your structure is. I agree with Wogi that they are both solid picks. But I don't think not starting either is a deal breaker.

I'm stilling backing Bowes over either at this stage, and would like to play Eddy, so would prefer base price rookies on my bench.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From probably the best source on Public BF boards.

A little bit from left field, mainly because he only played a half in JLT1 and didn't play in the other games. Kicked a ripper goal in Q1 but was about all he did. Wouldn't think any fantasy relevance as he's just there for some goals and pressure.

From a Carlton perspective, not 100% what to think. Lamb and Armfield looked average in our JLT series, but I would have thought Pickett and Silvangi would be close to enough as small forwards.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cameron and Florent confirmed to debut.

Midfielder Oliver Florent and Ruckman/Forward Darcy Cameron are set to make their debut’s against Port after outstanding pre-seasons.

Both have played all of the JLT series matches and exceeded expectations.

Cameron is a genuine tall forward who can kick goals as well as play in the ruck while Florent has proven himself to be as tough as he is talented. He also has an enormous aerobic capacity which can handle the demands of modern football.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...a179d312ada367