Important News


User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 324

Thread: Rucks

  1. #61
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    4 Strong premium ruckman and they're all kind of questionable with the backup rucks, I suppose Grundy is safe out of that list, well the safest.

    I dare say it makes him slightly more risky in RDT, SC perhaps not as much given he'll give them great usage with his taps and work around the ground.

  2. #62
    Super Moderator pvcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    8,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Rucks

    Grundy a lock for me in RDT given only one without any competition. That said I'd rather Sandilands in SC.

    Won't be going Gawn in RDT.

    Stef well underpriced which reduces the risk. Though I think Archie Smith is much more likely to play than Preuss.

  3. #63
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Rucks

    It's a huge concern for me. NicNat was the only ruck share guy who was even remotely relevant in either format last year and he's completely unique in the way that he is almost entirely explosive bursts of SC special combo moves that no one else has ever even unlocked compared to pretty much every other ruckman ever who is just a slow grind of points from attending every stoppage.

    I've already avoided Gawn this year as a starting pick but that would make that even easier for me to do. At least Goldy, Martin and Grundy are all underpriced in comparison to expectations.

    What it really does though is make Sandi an even stronger play as a way to assess the landscape.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  4. #64
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    I'd really like to rep Grundy and Martin in RDT but I can't find the cash to make it work as I like Sandilands more than the equivalent of his price in other positions I think.

  5. #65
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    If this happens will swap Gawn to Goldy in SC, going Grundy in RDT.

  6. #66
    FFC General Manager Crow-mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    5,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    sandi is a pretty marginal guy for me in RDT. has never been a great RDT scorer.

    Stef looks good to me, never really recovered from May ironing him out. as much as they like smith, if Stef hits he sits imo.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

  7. #67
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    sandi is a pretty marginal guy for me in RDT. has never been a great RDT scorer.

    Stef looks good to me, never really recovered from May ironing him out. as much as they like smith, if Stef hits he sits imo.
    I reckon you're selling him short for the format.

    He's priced at 54 and has averaged 90+ 4 times (good for the 4th best starting average) and 87 another two times. Basically he's a ~90 player when he is fit which is higher than all but the 3 elite ruck prospects this year.

    Basically if you remove the absurd DT scoring rucks he's in the elite category and he's priced slightly higher than a first round pick.

    His durability is terrible but if he plays 8 weeks then he will be among the very best cash cows in the game. He's a proven enough scorer, imo, to be worth having on your ruck bench even, that's the kind of cash he should make. It's not often you get a guy who is 30 points underpriced on his worst seasons in the last 7 years and 40 points on his best. That's an elite rookie from a cash perspective.

    He's not a keeper by any means but he's so underpriced that he's worth having even if he only averages in the 80s.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  8. Likes Crows88 liked this post
  9. #68
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I reckon you're selling him short for the format.

    He's priced at 54 and has averaged 90+ 4 times (good for the 4th best starting average) and 87 another two times. Basically he's a ~90 player when he is fit which is higher than all but the 3 elite ruck prospects this year.

    Basically if you remove the absurd DT scoring rucks he's in the elite category and he's priced slightly higher than a first round pick.

    His durability is terrible but if he plays 8 weeks then he will be among the very best cash cows in the game. He's a proven enough scorer, imo, to be worth having on your ruck bench even, that's the kind of cash he should make. It's not often you get a guy who is 30 points underpriced on his worst seasons in the last 7 years and 40 points on his best. That's an elite rookie from a cash perspective.

    He's not a keeper by any means but he's so underpriced that he's worth having even if he only averages in the 80s.
    You're going back 5 years to get to a point where he's averaged over 90. 2014/2015 he went at 86.5 and 87.7. Sandilands turns 35 years old this year so I doubt even if he remains injury free, we will see him reach his best. Obviously he's always going to win the hitout count without much of an issue, it's just a matter of whether he can still get around the ground enough to get the disposals required to get that 80+ average.

    I think he hits the ~85 mark but that will be about it, for his price he's a pretty nice buy although the durability makes it a little less so, especially if you don't have a fwd/ruck playing link in the forward line given he mightn't even play 8 straight games before he's given a rest.

    Also have 4 elite ruck prospects this year in Gawn, Grundy, Martin and Goldstein. The argument can be made for these guys that you're not buying them at a maxed out price either and they've got room to improve, for example -
    Grundy - Averaged 113.5 DT in his final 10, priced at a 101 average.
    Martin - Priced at a 89 average and averaged 114 and 112 in his previous two seasons.

    Should them potentially rising in price be factored in as well? Sandilands might have ~35 points to gain on his priced average however Grundy might have 5-10 and Martin 15-25 potentially.


    Like I do want him and there's probably a fair chance I start him, but I think you can make a pretty good case for the above two premium rucks where it's a set and forget whilst getting on at their cheapest price as well. But I think with the lack of strong rookie picks, everyone will probably be starting with a Sandilands/Swallow or the equivalent in the back/forward positions and I think I probably have more faith in Sandilands to outscore Swallow at the moment.

  10. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
  11. #69
    Super Moderator divvydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Posts
    13,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    As many in here predicted, Goldy won't have to worry about Preuss being in the team

    Thompson, Durdin, Mullett, Wright, Mountford, McKay, Fordham, Daw, Wagner, Brown, Hibberd, Preuss, Garner, Anderson, Hansen in VFL action today!

  12. Likes Bunga, Elvs1 liked this post
  13. #70
    FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    The safest bets appear to be Grundy in RDT and Goldstein in SC.
    I'm still finding it very hard to look past Martin in RDT though. Well under-priced for what he can achieve given he no doubt has the most DT friendly game out of the 4 premium rucks that everyone is deciding on. Archie Smith is the concern but don't forget Martin was playing injured last year (I believe some sort of knee injury) and had that brutal concussion. Backing him in to carry the ruck solo. Burnt me last year but think I might play with fire and take the gamble again.

  14. #71
    Moderator Athomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glen Waverley
    Team
    CARLTON
    Posts
    10,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    As many in here predicted, Goldy won't have to worry about Preuss being in the team
    I don't think he will Round 1, but there will be players from this match (Brown 100%) that will play in Round 1. Does bode well for EVW to not be on this list though!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

  15. #72
    Super Moderator Bunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    16,207
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    That news makes me want to fit Goldy into my SC side now. Underpriced for what he can produce for sure.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

  16. Likes Big Sledge #32, Hodges liked this post
  17. #73
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERLICIOUS View Post
    The safest bets appear to be Grundy in RDT and Goldstein in SC.
    I'm still finding it very hard to look past Martin in RDT though. Well under-priced for what he can achieve given he no doubt has the most DT friendly game out of the 4 premium rucks that everyone is deciding on. Archie Smith is the concern but don't forget Martin was playing injured last year (I believe some sort of knee injury) and had that brutal concussion. Backing him in to carry the ruck solo. Burnt me last year but think I might play with fire and take the gamble again.
    Same rucks I'd like to roll with but do you then turn down Sandilands and hope he doesn't do too well? Even if he does, Martin/Grundy should still top it if in form.

  18. #74
    FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Same rucks I'd like to roll with but do you then turn down Sandilands and hope he doesn't do too well? Even if he does, Martin/Grundy should still top it if in form.
    I'd say that depends on the rest of your team structure and how much risk you're prepared to take. Based on my latest draft team at the moment I'm running with Martin/Sandi in RDT as I've avoided other risky guys like Adams and Beams. If I change the structure up to include those guys (they've been in and out all pre-season) I couldn't bring myself to run Sandi as well. SC is a different beast. I think Sandi is a must in that format and as such I'm running with Goldy/Sandi.

  19. #75
    Super Moderator dylan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    17,735
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Rucks

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGERLICIOUS View Post
    I'd say that depends on the rest of your team structure and how much risk you're prepared to take. Based on my latest draft team at the moment I'm running with Martin/Sandi in RDT as I've avoided other risky guys like Adams and Beams. If I change the structure up to include those guys (they've been in and out all pre-season) I couldn't bring myself to run Sandi as well.
    And I here I am running with all of those players currently

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •