ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Midfield Premiums

I don't really get discounts.

In RDT Brad Crouch is price at about an 89 avg (103 the season before) which is like a 15% discount.

In SC he's priced at an average of 77 (96 avg the season before) which is a 20% discount.

The extra 5% feels like a lot and almost makes him worth considering although his SC history isn't as strong as his DT.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    I don't really get discounts.

In RDT Brad Crouch is price at about an 89 avg (103 the season before) which is like a 15% discount.

In SC he's priced at an average of 77 (96 avg the season before) which is a 20% discount.

The extra 5% feels like a lot and almost makes him worth considering although his SC history isn't as strong as his DT.
    Is he even back in training after his latest preseason injury?
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Is he even back in training after his latest preseason injury?
    Yeah pretty sure he is, was only a 1-2 week injury.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

O'Meara is probably one worth considering at the very least.

Had a career best DT avg last season and 5 points off his SC at 95/92 (2018). So not huge numbers but he's never really had a chance to play back to back seasons outside of his first two seasons. Dude is all class so I guess the worry is the tag that could come but he's elite talent.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    O'Meara is probably one worth considering at the very least.

Had a career best DT avg last season and 5 points off his SC at 95/92 (2018). So not huge numbers but he's never really had a chance to play back to back seasons outside of his first two seasons. Dude is all class so I guess the worry is the tag that could come but he's elite talent.
    All class is generous, he looks the part but the reason his SC is so bad is because he's a turnover merchant, has to tighten his disposal big time. That said, he moves great and can find the pill and if he does work out how to use it (which from memory wasn't as much of an issue before all the injuries) then he can be golden.

Also finished last year pretty well.

Having said that, I'm not sure he's worth all the risk, probably get rested for a game or two best case and he has to be a premium at that price, really hard to justify picking him at basically the same price as guys like Merrett (admittedly his preseason has probably ruled him out for me), Sloane, Crouch and Zorko among others.

Happy to just watch him and hope it goes well, not doubting that he can actually be a premium, think he can and flashed it last year, but he'd need to be priced in the 70s for me to justify the durability risk.

6. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fremantle has suffered a blow less than a month out from the start of the AFL season with superstar captain Nat Fyfe to undergo surgery on an injured elbow.

Fyfe led the Flyers in Friday night’s AFLX tournament at Marvel Stadium and wore a protective ‘sleeve’ over his right elbow.
    Today Dockers footy boss Peter Bell said the champion midfielder would require a minor procedure which the club hopes won’t seriously impede his preparation for Round 1.
    “The plan at the moment is that he’ll go in for a small procedure, that might require a one-night stay,” Bell told Perth radio station 6PR.

“You don’t make a decision to send someone off for surgery flippantly, but he got a knock on it a couple of weeks ago and it did swell up,” Bell said.
    Bell said Freo didn’t think the surgery would mean a long lay-off for the Dockers’ best player.

“I wouldn’t think it would be getting into the weeks, I think he would be back into full training really, really quickly and then we’ll just manage with how he comes through that whether he’s (ready for) JLT1 or JLT2, we’re confident he’ll be playing a major part in the pre-season games.”
    From HS article today, now behind paywall. If timeline is accurate then nothing really to worry about but worth keeping an eye on and making sure he's over it before Rd 1.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Still not a great sign for a guy with all kinds of durability issues. Would think with his style it certainly could create ongoing issues as well.

Still high on the watchlist because of his scoring potential but I'm more interested in others right now.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Deferring the surgery to do the knockabout trash of AFLX is something I'd be pretty annoyed about if I was a Freo fan.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

10. Likes Athomas, dylan123 liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched about 5 minutes of AFLX and he went for a mark one handed. Clearly favouring it. I reckon Freo would have seen that and decided to drain it now, rather than it getting into Fyfe's head more.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can't help but wonder if it was held off because he wanted to play in this (the $$$ would have been appealing I suppose) and if that's the case, it's pretty poor form imo.

13. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Apparently the Captains got $50k for their work in AFLX (promotion and match fee) so I can see why he chose to play.

I remember Adelaide delaying surgery on McLeod's bursa (in the heel) in 2006 and it ended up getting infected after which lead to him missing a bunch of games heading into our finals campaign. It isn't ideal to delay it, even if you can play with them.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-...rtainty-for-r1

FREMANTLE contested beast Nat Fyfe has declared himself a certain starter for round one despite missing the Dockers' two JLT Community Series games with an elbow injury.
    "We get David Mundy back in the midfield (this season), I'll be coming back in, that means there's not as much load on (Andrew) Brayshaw, (Adam) Cerra and younger players going through that midfield.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very few of us left with Fyfe but he's 100% ready to go for round 1 as expected. More evidence in the same article to suggest Mundy will have a primary midfield role this season.