FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Midfield Premiums

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-1...or-danger-cats

PATRICK Dangerfield is still a chance to play in Geelong's round one clash despite sustaining a low-grade hamstring injury in the Cats' final pre-season hitout against Essendon.
    The club confirmed on Wednesday morning that the superstar midfielder was still in the mix to face Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday, March 25.

"Both Patrick and Rhys will undertake individualised programs over the next 10 days with our medical and fitness staff as they work towards full fitness for the beginning of the season."

"In terms of the significance of it, it's only a minor one – which we believe it is – so anything can happen.

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    If he doesn't play I'll just loophole (C) him in SC.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah could almost be a blessing if he was to miss if you were keen as it would see people jump off or they might now due to the injury itself.

Can see it being one where if you pick, he misses round 1 and then manages to miss round 2 as well just to add salt to the wound. That said, Geelong play round 2 on a Monday so it will give him as much time as possible to get up if he does happen to miss round 1.

I haven't really tinkered with my teams too much or looked at anyone else's but I'm quite keen to load up in the midfield in RDT and the same probably applies for SC as the premiums are quite similar. I really HATE the back and forward premiums outside of 1-2 players in each respective position - Laird is my only lock for the backline and Heeney for my forwards, can make a case for a few more forwards but I'm not really jumping out of my skin to squeeze them into my side at this point.

Midfield on the other hand I feel like I can load up on. Mitchell, Danger, Merrett (DT), Martin, M.Crouch, Fyfe (SC) all seem like great picks. I'm then keen on Gibbs and Sloane for RDT whilst looking at Parker/Cripps in SC. Still plenty of other strong options, I guess there always are but I haven't been so 'bored' by the forward/def premiums in a while so I'm thinking of just loading up in the midfield and then upgrading the other positions when it's a little clearer. Comes down to the rookies at the end of the day which should be clearer in a weeks time.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah honestly at this point I'd be surprised if Danger doesn't play round 1. Low grade hamstring is usually two weeks max, you see guys in the NBA come back within 4-5 days. For now I've put him back in my sides.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never took him out of my side. He has to be not named for that to change.

A lot of the 'he's missing round 1' talk came from HS journos before the game even finished.

It is in their benefit to pull this, because such sensationalism gets clicks for the article itself. But also the extra clicks from people taking him out of their SC sides, not to mention them putting him back in once he is named next Thursday.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

The hamstring is more reason to not pick him for me as I was already going away from him. He's had back issues and hamstring issues tend to follow those so it's certainly a red flag for mine to have flared up.

Hard part for Geelong is they have Ablett with the same issue so you'd be taking in two underdone midfielders if you pick both. Menegola also missed JLT2 with some kind of soreness.

He's certainly still a strong pick as he looked phenomenal before the injury but for me there are now enough red flags to chase him as an upgrade and hope he starts just a little bit slow.

The bigger part is I just really want the other guys I've picked and I see Danger as the most likely to be cheaper of the group if things go as I expect/hope so not starting him makes sense.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can see the reasons not to pick him.

My main reasons for picking him are the same reasons I used to roll with Ablett at his peak. If he is his normal self it is going to be ridiculously hard to get him in before the byes, if something happens I can just trade him out.

He is the most logical set and forget Captain in SC. He's the best player in the comp, but this is the one year since about 2012 where there has been a legitimate question mark over whether to start him.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

8. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    I can see the reasons not to pick him.

My main reasons for picking him are the same reasons I used to roll with Ablett at his peak. If he is his normal self it is going to be ridiculously hard to get him in before the byes, if something happens I can just trade him out.

He is the most logical set and forget Captain in SC. He's the best player in the comp, but this is the one year since about 2012 where there has been a legitimate question mark over whether to start him.
    Yeah... I could yet role with him simply because I keep ending up with the leftover cash.

The captain factor scares me. I'm hoping that Martin kicks on with last year, ditto Fyfe and Gawn bounces back, giving me 3 viable options there but you're still going against a guy who can easily hit 170 for a month straight!

That said, my mantra this year has been to avoid the interrupted preseasons if at all possible. Kreuzer might not be avoidable but Danger is! ***

*** says the guy who currently has Billings, Heeney and Kreuzer in his side...

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not starting with Danger, anything back related is a red flag for me. That said, if he is firing he is the most damaging player in the comp bar none and can ruin a season. This is partly why I like taking a Coniglio/Libba in the mids, or a DPP player that will allow you to trade a midpricer from another line up to Danger. A firing Danger is so bloody hard to upgrade to from a rookie, if Libba is averaging ~90 I would use him to get Danger in no dramas.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menagola is also carrying something (hamstring??). Good news for TKelly at least.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's played 150 out of his last 154 games possible as well Danger, he's the type of guy who hates to sit out on the sidelines, you just know he's doing everything humanly possible to be ready for round 1. There will be fire in the belly after the way 2017 ended for him.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Menagola is also carrying something (hamstring??). Good news for TKelly at least.
    Yeah I couldn't find anything on this, was wondering why he missed JLT2 and didn't play in the VFL hit out
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Yeah I couldn't find anything on this, was wondering why he missed JLT2 and didn't play in the VFL hit out
    SC Site had him flagged as "Calf - subject to fitness test"
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

15. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Menegola was a late out with "soreness" on the AFL website, no mention of what body part was sore though.

Lot of moving parts with that midfield that need to come together, yet another element in why I'm risking no Danger.

17. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Keep your eye on Constable too
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

19. Likes Bert1 liked this post