SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Midfield Premiums

Mitchell is an absolute butcher of the ball, like so bad by foot he gets clangers above of ineffective disposal so it's a massive issue. If you're picking him in SC you're backing one of two things, which are both very possible.

1. Hawthorn fixes his kicking. It's very possible, Hawks have always been loaded with great kickers and really value it, somewhere in there I reckon is a coaching element. On the flip side Sydney have been among the very worst kicking teams for a decade now and don't put a priority on it at all so you've got a double reason to think this could change.

2. He just gets a lot more ball. Hawks ditched their two best midfielders and Mitchell was clearly the 4th banana at Sydney so this again is a very strong case.

Having said that, I'd back just about every name you've listed over him in SC because his kicking probably got worse the more of the ball he found at Sydney and if it doesn't change he's still going to have an awfully hard time having a positive ratio, especially at the Hawks who play one of the most uncontested styles in the AFL.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree on Mitchell with SC, basically he needs to do a Swan/Rockliff where his DT is so high due to weigh of numbers he becomes a top SC scorer.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

SC Most Selected for Mids:

Fyfe - 61.2%
    SPP - 59.5%
    Danger - 57.5%
    JOM - 53.0%
    Beams - 43.5%
    Swallow - 38.3%
    Barrett - 33.0%
    Treloar - 24.2%
    Bontempelli - 20.0%
    Watson - 17.6%
    JPK - 16.0%
    Pendles - 15.1%
    Titchell - 12.6%
    Heppell - 11.5%
    Hanners - 11.4%
    Freeman - 11.2%
    Martin - 10.6%
    Murphy - 8.6%

Based on that the midifelds are going to have basically a couple of points of distinction. The vast majority are rolling with Danger, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, Swallow and SPP, so that's 6 of the 8 spots. Those other two spots are wide open but once again it appears that "breakout" selections are far more popular than the proven guns. So guys like Bont, Treloar, Titchell and Heppell being picked over Selwood, Priddis and many of the safer picks. Pendles was a big surprise to me at just 15%. Selwood is at 6.9% as is Ablett, Neale at 3.1%, Parker at 6.6%, Zerrett at 3.6% and Priddis at 3.4% all standout as very low.

Does mean that not picking Beams is a very risky option (as someone considering it). Looks like you basically get to pick two premiums and they're going to decide your fate here!

I left out all the DPP guys here but I imagine a lot of the rookies popping up are probably being picked here as well as their other positions.

4. Likes Bunga, Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hanners 11.4 ....
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Really surprised Cripps isn't in there. Have a look at his finish to last year. Absolutely incredible.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, the top 9 is my mid field.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    Really surprised Cripps isn't in there. Have a look at his finish to last year. Absolutely incredible.
    It was. Which had me thinking, Murphy missed from Round 10 onwards and we also went 1-10 in back half of the year.

You'd think Murph in the side would help, but it didn't seem to!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Selwood at 6.9%

Very tempting unique option with his SC pedigree...
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Heavily interrupted preseason explains it to me, also plays for a poor team.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Selwood at 6.9%

Very tempting unique option with his SC pedigree...
    If he starts slow, I'll trade him in after Rounds 5-6 when he has license back.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

12. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Can someone please convince me Rocky is a good pick in SC? I currently have him in my midfield but don't recall him being all that good in the SC format (forgive me, I came back to SC last year after a long hiatus).

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone please convince me Rocky is a good pick in SC? I currently have him in my midfield but don't recall him being all that good in the SC format (forgive me, I came back to SC last year after a long hiatus).
    Rocky in SC is like Swan, where they don't have a great DT:SC ratio, generally its 1:1 so they rely more on wait of numbers to get a good sc score.
    What ever you think Rocky will score in DT it be about the same in SC.

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Should be good for at least 110 then.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

He's locked into my side... so take from that what you will.

As for the case...

Pros

1. First full preseason in a couple of years, has dropped 5kg apparently as a result. Last time he had a decent preseason he averaged 132, his durability in seasons with preseasons is not as bad as the others...
    2. Averaged 120 last year when you remove the two injury games. That average goes up to 126 if you go from when he returned from the 2nd injury because he clearly didn't look right in the first 2 months of the season.
    3. Brisbane play a lot of either Sunday or Saturday afternoon games, which will link up nicely with Danger and Fyfe as captain loophole options.
    4. He's actually very unique, ye olde double edged sword.
    5. They've drafted and recruited quite a few F/M types (Bell, Christensen, Keays, Schache, Hipwood et al) so not as likely to spend extended time forward, imo, given they really lack midfield talent.

Cons

1. Durability is an issue, I'm backing his preseason to fix it but he has missed 4, 6 and 5 in the last 3 seasons (least to most recent).
    2. New coach is an issue, just don't know what the game plan will be or if he lets Rocky just be a little piggy.
    3. Team is awful, which always hurts in SC, but his team has always been awful and he has overcome it.
    4. Unique...
    5. Stripped of the captaincy so you just don't know how he reacts over the season.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    896 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

He's locked into my side... so take from that what you will.

As for the case...

Pros

1. First full preseason in a couple of years, has dropped 5kg apparently as a result. Last time he had a decent preseason he averaged 132, his durability in seasons with preseasons is not as bad as the others...
    2. Averaged 120 last year when you remove the two injury games. That average goes up to 126 if you go from when he returned from the 2nd injury because he clearly didn't look right in the first 2 months of the season.
    3. Brisbane play a lot of either Sunday or Saturday afternoon games, which will link up nicely with Danger and Fyfe as captain loophole options.
    4. He's actually very unique, ye olde double edged sword.
    5. They've drafted and recruited quite a few F/M types (Bell, Christensen, Keays, Schache, Hipwood et al) so not as likely to spend extended time forward, imo, given they really lack midfield talent.

Cons

1. Durability is an issue, I'm backing his preseason to fix it but he has missed 4, 6 and 5 in the last 3 seasons (least to most recent).
    2. New coach is an issue, just don't know what the game plan will be or if he lets Rocky just be a little piggy.
    3. Team is awful, which always hurts in SC, but his team has always been awful and he has overcome it.
    4. Unique...
    5. Stripped of the captaincy so you just don't know how he reacts over the season.