Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Midfield Midpricers

At this stage im locking Cogs in but Libba is a 50/50 for me still. If Libba stagnates at 100-105 then I am fine with using him to get Danger, thats a 30-35 point upgrade which is often what you get from a forward or back rookie to a premium.

The positive to Libba for mine is that he showed last year that he is a pretty terrible forward. He can pretty much play the one role currently, so if he is in form and demanding selection then his role will be great. The Dogs have so many dangerous mid/fwd types that I just cant see Libba being used much outside the square at all.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oaks View Post
    Whos picking JOM in SC?
    Have had him in and out of the side quite often over the past couple of weeks. At this stage I'm probably not going to pick him but there are still a number of hours to go.

3. Likes Narkee, Notorious_29, Hodges liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Hah its all good, discussion like this good to really work out what the good options are.

The only thing that I think works in favour of JOM and Armo this year specifically is the Danger issue. If you dont take Danger, you need a plan to trade him in IMO. Trying to go from a rookie to him costs you so much money and likely 3 trades, taking a mid pricer like JOM could give you a much easier path to him. But yeah outside that, midfield midpricers are a tough sell.
    If you're not starting Danger then you're not expecting him to sustain his average early in the season. The same reason that those no man's land midpricers struggle is the same reason a guy like Danger can be a lot cheaper. Danger dropped 160k last year because he had one bad game early in the season. Basically if you think Danger wont drop in price then you should be starting him because he needs to average somewhere in the 140 range over the first 6 weeks to sustain his price. Personally I'm perfectly happy to back him to have a slower start with the hamstring, Ablett, back and forward time concerns as a combination. One score in the sub 90 range and no absolute monsters to offset it and he's going to be in the 500s pretty damn fast because he's the biggest outlier to get pulled back by the system.

That said, the poor standard of the rookies this year is the biggest reason, imo, to target midprice guys. Cash is going to be hard to generate and guys like Armitage, Coniglio and Libba who can score 130+ in a game can spike their values on the back of that with a bit of sustained scoring in the next two weeks after it and allow them to make you the 150k to break even with poorer rookies while most likely scoring as many points on field as a premium rookie combo.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do expect him to drop, question is how long he drops for. Danger did drop 160k last year but was lowest in R8. By R10 he was back to 620k which is a tough trade in. And at R8 its unlikely you will have rookies worth enough to make that trade. A guy like JOM could be a very easy upgrade in those early rounds.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    I do expect him to drop, question is how long he drops for. Danger did drop 160k last year but was lowest in R8. By R10 he was back to 620k which is a tough trade in. And at R8 its unlikely you will have rookies worth enough to make that trade. A guy like JOM could be a very easy upgrade in those early rounds.
    I'd sure be hoping that my two best rookies would have made enough to get me 600k by round 8. The system is setup so rookies will rise fastest in the first few rounds.

Last year if you had Otten and SPP for instance you have basically 700k to play with at round 8. Generally the top few rookies will all be around that same mark to get you 600-700k by round 8 and if you had JOM last year... (the memories!)

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone explain why so many people are picking Devon Smith?
    2104. 94th overall

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Priced at 81dt/80sc. Has scored 90+ in both comps before. Not many forward premiums that people are confident in. Appears to have as good as or an even better role than he ever had at GWS. Performed well in preseason games.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My reason is his best games for gws came when they had mids out and he got to play more midfield.
    So hoping he gets a lot of mid time as essendon.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Forward Midpricers

Just saw on the Port board that there are reports Wines has injured his shoulder fairly badly skiing. If that happens to be true, would this make Rockliff a stronger prospect? Had his lowest average since pretty much his first season (excluding 09 where he played 1 game) at 82.6/74.7. Post 2010, he's only had one other sub 100 avg season in 2012 (and 2017 for SC).

11. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was SPP, only because he's apparently been tearing it up in the pre-season.

Don't think Rocky pre-season has been too positive from memory.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Forward Midpricers

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Just saw on the Port board that there are reports Wines has injured his shoulder fairly badly skiing. If that happens to be true, would this make Rockliff a stronger prospect? Had his lowest average since pretty much his first season (excluding 09 where he played 1 game) at 82.6/74.7. Post 2010, he's only had one other sub 100 avg season in 2012 (and 2017 for SC).
    Be interesting to know how his preseason went as he had none last year which was probably the biggest issue along with his role. Will be watching him anyway in the preseason as the scoring potential is top tier and he's so cheap. With Wingard gone that's also more midfield minutes that are available as he was one of their main mids at the end of last year.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wasn't really relevant but Bugg has retired from football months after moving to Carlton.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Wasn't really relevant but Bugg has retired from football months after moving to Carlton.
    Gives us a 3rd spot to take another player this pre-season (annoying though that there was 2-3 months of potential wasted training, but better than retiring after March 15 I guess!)

Gibbons and Cottrell will both be signed, both will be base price. Would be great if Gibbons was M/F (he will play forward for us)

With Fasolo and Pickett injured, LeBois not up to the required fitness level and now Bugg retiring, I would be pretty certain Gibbons will play in a forward pocket for us early. We do have Garlett, as well as Fisher/Murphy/Polson who will also have stints forward. I don't see Setterfield playing much forward time when he's fit, and although JSOS is impressing in the pre-season, you'd think he wouldn't start Round 1.

The new rule is working as intended, otherwise we'd be down a few already this season!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hannebery has reportedly done his hammy, which will nearly put a line through him.

17. Likes KickItToButch, Wogitalia, Bunga, Athomas liked this post
    FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/Lee_Gaskin1/status/1095515630067838976

More

Port Adelaide's Tom Rockliff on his role this year: "I've completed the whole pre-season through the midfield, so it depends each game what that role is ... but I see myself playing as an inside midfielder." At $600k, is he a walk-up start in @AFLFantasy?

19. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post