SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Midfield Rookies

Mid rookies are a bit harder for me as I'm really only looking for 4 and Walsh eats one of those spots and given the other 3 aren't on field I'm trying to avoid the premium where possible.

This could change but right now I'd say I'm more likely to go Greene in the forwards to upgrade Crouch/Rocky to Brayshaw than I am to need an extra on field mid rookie.

JLT says to me that LDU, Walsh and Cousins were the 3 standouts to be on field with Butters and Scott probably the next. Constable I'm just still trying to figure out where he fits in, he can clearly find the ball and points in the midfield though so he could be important.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

2. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Worrying how many of those you've listed that are midfielders only by fantasy positioning yet will be playing in an average scoring forward pocket-ish kinda role @Wogitalia .

I guess at the end of the day we're all stuck with the same options which helps, just doesn't feel like there will be huge generation of cash from the midfield rookies just yet like we've had in the past.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Worrying how many of those you've listed that are midfielders only by fantasy positioning yet will be playing in an average scoring forward pocket-ish kinda role @Wogitalia .

I guess at the end of the day we're all stuck with the same options which helps, just doesn't feel like there will be huge generation of cash from the midfield rookies just yet like we've had in the past.
    I think the 3 with premiums are worth paying right now.

Cousins JS is a bit shaky but he looks best 22 right now so it's his to lose.

LDU is right alongside Walsh, imo and if was playing 2 or more onfield I'd be getting him in.

Walsh is Walsh.

Caldwell is certainly tempting if he makes the team as he looks really good.

After that, utter crapshoot. May as well take the cheaper guys, imo, as basically everyone has JS/Role issues from that point on.

I do feel good that there will be 5+ available though but I question if more than 2 or 3 will be reliable scorers.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I think the 3 with premiums are worth paying right now.

Cousins JS is a bit shaky but he looks best 22 right now so it's his to lose.

LDU is right alongside Walsh, imo and if was playing 2 or more onfield I'd be getting him in.

Walsh is Walsh.

Caldwell is certainly tempting if he makes the team as he looks really good.

After that, utter crapshoot. May as well take the cheaper guys, imo, as basically everyone has JS/Role issues from that point on.

I do feel good that there will be 5+ available though but I question if more than 2 or 3 will be reliable scorers.
    Maybe they're priced much more friendly in SC but in RDT you're paying 290k for Cousins and 260k for LDU. I can't justify that kind of price on them, would have to blow up my team to fit another 100-140k for each of those upgrades. Gone for one I suppose in the backline in Ridley but I'm starting with a very weak backline in RDT.

SC I haven't played with as much but hopefully they're more viable.

Caldwell has looked good but I worry what happens once Kelly and a few other midfielders return.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Maybe they're priced much more friendly in SC but in RDT you're paying 290k for Cousins and 260k for LDU. I can't justify that kind of price on them, would have to blow up my team to fit another 100-140k for each of those upgrades. Gone for one I suppose in the backline in Ridley but I'm starting with a very weak backline in RDT.

SC I haven't played with as much but hopefully they're more viable.

Caldwell has looked good but I worry what happens once Kelly and a few other midfielders return.
    You must feel like you're talking to yourself with all your DT posts at this point

They're a lot cheaper in SC, LDU is 170 odd and Cousins is 220, so basically same as Walsh.

I certainly noticed the rookies in DT were brutal in the mids, hence why I went heavy midpricers there as well.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    You must feel like you're talking to yourself with all your DT posts at this point

They're a lot cheaper in SC, LDU is 170 odd and Cousins is 220, so basically same as Walsh.

I certainly noticed the rookies in DT were brutal in the mids, hence why I went heavy midpricers there as well.
    I keep telling myself there are plenty of DT thinkers, they're just shy.

Yeah I've gone heavy in the mids only starting 2 rookies but with a bench of Hind/Atkins/Gibbons at the moment, I don't see great scoring potential (cash generation) or even job security.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I keep telling myself there are plenty of DT thinkers, they're just shy.

Yeah I've gone heavy in the mids only starting 2 rookies but with a bench of Hind/Atkins/Gibbons at the moment, I don't see great scoring potential (cash generation) or even job security.
    It's sad the way the comp has died. You've got the joke that is LOL or the non-comp that is RDT unfortunately.

9. Likes Crow-mo liked this post