Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Back Midpricers

Damn, that's shocking news. Health rightly comes first.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Poor guy
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a real shame, has looked in good knick. Sounds more precautionary than having any heart issues again but makes sense.

They also said in that article they will pick up Sam Rowe to help out in defence.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy for Rowe, he's on 99 games.

Think Saints would be wishing they held onto Goddard now, although he's always had injury issues too. (Pretty fit now, will probably be EMG for us or close to it if Jones or Weitering were injured)
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

This sucks for him. Always a shame when someone can't do what they love doing.

The silver lining is it's great for Darragh Joyce who now becomes a very strong chance of playing a lot of games early in a pretty decent role. Battle also becomes an interesting one in the forwards if there is a lack of rookie options there, but too expensive given his scoring potential doesn't look great but if desperate he's there with decent JS.

I guess at least we know this now and can sort out the structures around it.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Unfortunately Dale Morris has injured his ACL, no idea if it's similar to last year where he partially tore and was able to get back or if it's the full rupture but there are obvious concerns for his career at this point which would be a really sad way for such a great player to go out.

It will be very interesting to see how they deal with it given how experimental they've already been down back.

Naughton didn't play defense in JLT2, so that's the first obvious solution that also has no fantasy impact. This one makes by far the most sense to me.

Trengove has been rucking but has experience playing as a KPD so they could conceivably throw him back and ruck English, this would have a fantasy impact for English as a viable ruck option.

They could just play smaller and roll Wood into a KP post with Cordy. Crozier can probably take the 3rd tall in most scenarios and where he can't you'd have Naughton as an option if they persist with him forward.

Final option would be to bring in someone like Young or Roberts to fill the spot. Unfortunately neither of them is fantasy relevant.

So basically the most relevant thing would be Trengove to defense and English one out in the ruck, imo.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's such sad news for Moz. I'm 95% sure we'll see Naughton down back now, we have said since getting Trengove that we don't see him as a key defender, so unless there's a change of heart, he'll keep rucking.

8. Likes Wogitalia liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd love to have a crack at Milera, maybe in SC but I just don't see it being a good long term move.

I think his average rises and gets him close to premium levels based off the back of his pre season to go with his role change last year. The issue is with Smith and Williams in the starting team, grabbing a Milera means a Laird option becomes very hard to do unless one of these guys flops and if Laird does do something similar to previous years, you don't really want to be waiting until round 15 before you get him in.