Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 19-23 Trades

Figured a final thread will get us through the final 5 weeks of the season given there will be minimal trades done over this period.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 19-23 Trades

Had planned on holding however with Martin being rested I'm seriously considering moving him to Goldstein to avoid the zero. I feel like I'll net 90-100 points and I've got cover over the other 3 lines. Doing so will leave me with just the 1 trade in hand to go for the final month so I'll likely hold it for at least a couple of weeks unless a donut cannot be avoided.

Concern is Goldstein hasn't been at his best and possibly carrying something although with the position North are in, I don't think they'll look to rest him at this stage given how close the ladder still is.

For those with Martin and trades in hand, what are you doing with him? I suppose some might have linked with A.Smith yet I needed that little extra cash so I'm not one of them.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at Lycett for Deledio in DT. I have Grimley grimly covering Martin in SC.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I'm looking at Lycett for Deledio in DT. I have Grimley grimly covering Martin in SC.
    Grim is only on an extended bench and I reckon a longshot with Michael and Leuey both already in the team so keep an eye out tomorrow.

Reckon Grundy is a very strong alternative to Goldy for those who do go down the trade path in DT. Goldy is a very strong chance of a rest once North's final spot is safe so jumping on him is kind of just jumping onto the next most likely guy to get rested. Grundy I think plays out barring injury/suspension although it's a bit of a cash upgrade unfortunately.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holding Stef he'll be back next week.

Ive got a donut in the backs with Boyd and Suckling out as well. So probably going to grab Bartel for Suckling with my last trade. Reckon Jimmy will go big in his 300th and was outstanding last week after his rest.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at a 0 without Martin but thinking of trading Currie to someone like Naismith for cover for the rest of the year. I don't have the cash for Grundy or Gawn. I have 2 trades left so I guess this is the kind of situation I kept them for.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad timing for Boyd this round but I guess it was inevitable at some stage. Having Trengove as a backup defender has saved me so much pain though. Keeps me from another donut for about the third week in a row.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really need Grimley to play this week otherwise I'm looking at either a donut or using my last trade in RDT which ideally I could hold for another fortnight.

If Grimley doesn't make it I'll probably trade Hall > Lycett to give my team slightly more depth for the run home.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In SC I think I am going to trade Hams>Drummond (Hipwood forward) and then upgrade Kedge (who has fallen off a cliff) to Lycett. Means Lycett can cover Stef this week and then be my 6th forward (and ruck cover) in the run home.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facing 2 donuts at the moment in RDT. 1 in the ruck (thanks Leppa) and 1 in the backs (I can cover only 1 of Boyd and Suckling). Also got Lids being his gimpy self on my bench but I can cover him somewhat.

I will hold all of Boyd, Stef and Suckling as I only have the one trade left.

It's been that sort of year.

If Lids is cooked for the season, I could trade in a F/R now to cover Stef - options there are Scott Lycett or Tom Hickey. Or I could cop the donut and wait a week for Dahlhaus.

Leaning to the F/R option and probably taking Lycett so that I have good cover for when North inevitably rests Goldy later in the season, but happy to hear views.
    #teamANB

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Facing 2 donuts at the moment in RDT. 1 in the ruck (thanks Leppa) and 1 in the backs (I can cover only 1 of Boyd and Suckling). Also got Lids being his gimpy self on my bench but I can cover him somewhat.

If Lids is cooked for the season, I could trade in a F/R now to cover Stef - options there are Scott Lycett or Tom Hickey. Or I could cop the donut and wait a week for Dahlhaus.

Leaning to the F/R option and probably taking Lycett so that I have good cover for when North inevitably rests Goldy later in the season, but happy to hear views.
    I'd definitely take the F/R option. 4 weeks for Dahlhaus to close the gap on Lycett would mean he'd need to go at 110+ probably.

12. Likes Devo liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post

Alternative is to go a B/F to cover for Suckling if you like those options more (seems doubtful).
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

14. Likes Devo liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wogitalia and others, Naismith has averaged around 70, do you see that as achievable for the rest of the year? I note Nankervis has been added, any concerns that this is a "playoff" to hold the spot once Tippett returns.

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I'd definitely take the F/R option. 4 weeks for Dahlhaus to close the gap on Lycett would mean he'd need to go at 110+ probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Alternative is to go a B/F to cover for Suckling if you like those options more (seems doubtful).
    Going Lycett. Thank you, men
    #teamANB

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta get a FWD for Lids in SC. It's my last trade .

$515k to spend so can get anyone other than Zerrett

Tossing up between Lynch and Montagna. Lynch has the upside and certainly a nice POD. Montagna probably more consistent, although some of his recent scores have been a bit up and down. Both have decent draws.

Montagna hasn't missed a game all year which is good and bad. My fear is he'll get rested once St.K is out of contention, which could happen tonight.

Main concern with Lynch is supply.

I'm genuinely on the fence between these two so would appreciate others' views
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"