ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Round 13 Trades

Extra trade to burn, get loose!

Currently have 18 playing at this stage but that includes Keays and Collins who I'm not that big on.

Had planned on moving Davis > Jansen and upgrading Wagner to McVeigh/Suckling this week but with neither McVeigh/Suckling really scoring well, not so keen on that and am instead thinking of waiting a week and trying to get Doch.

Also have concerns grabbing Jansen but need to get the cash from somewhere.

Thoughts on Hams? Didn't get to see the game, was on an impressive score at HT but didn't get much after that, I do have McGovern who is ready to downgrade but I'm now at the stage where I think I'd rather have a playing F8 if required over getting some quick cash to have some dead weight on the bench - really focusing on trying to avoid guys that will be out of the side shortly.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 13 Trades

Downgrade targets are interesting this week with Trengove, Jansen, Hams, Stewart and Austin all on the bubble.

Sounds as though there is a decent to good chance that Mathieson will also come in after a good fortnight in the NEAFL. Think I may be inclined to pick him over Jansen if both are named.

Am trying to be careful with who I'm selecting as downgrade targets from here. Don't really care about cash generation anymore. Instead the focus should be on grabbing guys who can be best 22 or have some flexibility in DPP.

Trengove and Mathieson for that reason seem the best options to me. Hams also has an opening in the side if he plays well. If it were earlier in the year, i'd likely grab Austin, but worried he will fall out of the side when Jonas returns.

@Elvs1 and/or @Hodges care to provide us with their thoughts on Stewart and whether there is a long-term spot in the side for him?

EDIT: Forgot Rose is on the bubble too.
    Last edited by pvcyclone; 15th June 2016 at 12:47 PM.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Was going triple down but Tippett threw a nice big spanner into those works and will now have to deal with him...

Think you have to grab a couple of the rookies this week. Stewart, Trengove, Hams, Rose, Austin and Jansen all look at least somewhat decent options. More than likely that any downgrade from here on out will be in your final team so basically got to make the call whether you need them playing in r22 or just to get through the byes and make cash. Someone like Stewart probably isn't in the Hawks team in r20 but should last the next two weeks and cover byes and makes a lot of cash. Trengove costs more but really should be playing in r 23 if his body holds up.

Austin is similar to Stewart. Hams I have no idea but you'd think he makes it through the byes, I've liked his games so far, playing a role somewhat similar to Ryan Davis earlier in the season, you hope he might be able to get some midfield minutes as things progress as makes sense the Bombers should find out what they've got.

Mathieson has to be a chance to come back in with the Lions having about 12 passengers who deserve to be dropped and him at least bringing some hardness in his game to the table.

Basically there is Phillips on the horizon after this week right now and not much else.

DPP links also worth considering moving forward as again, you're likely to be holding these guys long term so if they've got utility even if they're not playing it's an added bonus to pick someone like Phillips over another option perhaps.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

And in other news... pvc clearly has an echo

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got Mitchell back this week and most likely Hodge next week.
    Going to be hard for Stewart to hold his spot, Clarko has a bit of history with giving young blokes a few games then sending them back to the vfl.
    Most likely fighting Langford for a spot but then there are others like Hartung, Howe, Litherland who may not be in direct competition but through shuffling players can be.
    I did get him in lol when he debut back that's lol, won't be getting him in RDT/SC, just too much js risk and need guys playing for the next few weeks.

I agree with you about the rookies you bring in now are all about js, very unlikely you be trading them our for cash.

6. Likes Narkee, pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to have to trade Dalhaus, most likely for Zorko. Probably downgrade Smith to either Trengove or one of Jansen/Matho and might hold the other trade to grab Docherty next week. Team is pretty close to complete but trades are getting low.

Dalhaus injury is a pain in my ass really, think I still have about 21-22 playing this week before trades so this should be the week I make a good jump.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am looking at Due -> Hams and Davis -> Trengove
    The Davis to Trengove trade is more about forward planning and freeing up 1 trade space later on in R15 as R15 is the round i'll be going in skinny.

R13 i have 22 playing 9 in mids though. R14 i have 21 playing. So hoping to make good gains then before scraping through with 18 in R15, fingers crossed.
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    Downgrade targets are interesting this week with Trengove, Jansen, Hams, Stewart and Austin all on the bubble.

Sounds as though there is a decent to good chance that Mathieson will also come in after a good fortnight in the NEAFL. Think I may be inclined to pick him over Jansen if both are named.

Am trying to be careful with who I'm selecting as downgrade targets from here. Don't really care about cash generation anymore. Instead the focus should be on grabbing guys who can be best 22 or have some flexibility in DPP.

Trengove and Mathieson for that reason seem the best options to me. Hams also has an opening in the side if he plays well. If it were earlier in the year, i'd likely grab Austin, but worried he will fall out of the side when Jonas returns.

@Elvs1 and/or @Hodges care to provide us with their thoughts on Stewart and whether there is a long-term spot in the side for him?

EDIT: Forgot Rose is on the bubble too.

Spot on here pvcyclone.
    At this stage it should not just be about bringing in cover to avoid donuts during the bye rounds but selecting guys that will provide solid cover for the rest of the year when trades become tight (and not all about cash generation as teams should be close to complete by now). I'm not adverse to copping a donut or two if I don't see the rookies as being good long term options. Sure it's a good chance to make ground up but have to think about the big picture. For these reasons, I like Trengove, Mathieson, Hams, Rose, Jansen, Austin, Stewart in that order. Stewart will likely be dropped as Hawthorn prepare for finals and with Mitchell back. Austin I can't see holding his spot with a few guys to come back into the team.

An unpopular strategy here is to bring in round 13 guys this week if you can afford the luxury knowing that you'll be in better shape the following weeks. Something I'm looking at doing pending team selections. That said, I've been terrible during bye rounds in the past so probably not the best idea to listen to me!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reid from GWS looked good last week. He's a mid/forward priced at 122k, wont post huge numbers although GWS have a great run home, but on the downside he has uncertain JS.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERLICIOUS View Post
    Spot on here pvcyclone.
    At this stage it should not just be about bringing in cover to avoid donuts during the bye rounds but selecting guys that will provide solid cover for the rest of the year when trades become tight (and not all about cash generation as teams should be close to complete by now). I'm not adverse to copping a donut or two if I don't see the rookies as being good long term options. Sure it's a good chance to make ground up but have to think about the big picture. For these reasons, I like Trengove, Mathieson, Hams, Rose, Jansen, Austin, Stewart in that order. Stewart will likely be dropped as Hawthorn prepare for finals and with Mitchell back. Austin I can't see holding his spot with a few guys to come back into the team.

An unpopular strategy here is to bring in round 13 guys this week if you can afford the luxury knowing that you'll be in better shape the following weeks. Something I'm looking at doing pending team selections. That said, I've been terrible during bye rounds in the past so probably not the best idea to listen to me!
    I'm 99% certain (barring massive teams curveballs) that I will bring in Dusty this week for Tippett for bye balance and trade balance reasons. Means keeping Davis through the byes for his very favourable r13 bye as well so added bonus there.

I think that people with Dahlhaus/Tippett/NicNat are the ones who would find a real benefit in doing the trade a week early, only other reason to do it is if you have 22+ playing this round I reckon. The r14 and r15 byes are far harder to balance than r13 so losing a player this round to be better shaped for them absolutely has merit.

Having said that, I wouldn't be doing it with a rookie, only if you're getting a premium you know plays in r14 barring serious bad luck!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    Reid from GWS looked good last week. He's a mid/forward priced at 122k, wont post huge numbers although GWS have a great run home, but on the downside he has uncertain JS.
    SJ out sure doesn't hurt his JS though.

Think he's a classic Stewart type, when SJ and Smith are both back it's very hard to see a spot for him. That said, good chance the Giants do a fair bit of resting and managing given their depth and schedule from here which doesn't hurt Reid at all.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In SC, I am thinking of going Gresham > Hams (open DP link up again) & Dahlhaus > Dusty. I have 19 players playing this week before trades, 20 if I take Hams. Then possibly look at Tippa > Deledio the following week.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round 13 Trades

Am looking at Josh Smith > Trengove and Tippa > Hams. Don't think I'll bother with an upgrade this week. Will look to try to get one or both of Docherty and Laird next week after their byes.

Have pretty solid bye cover (until team selections shit all over it tomorrow).
    Last edited by Blues_FC; 15th June 2016 at 04:56 PM.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_FC View Post
    Am looking at Josh Smith > Trengove and Tippa > Hams. Don't think I'll bother with an upgrade this week. Will look to try to get one or both of Docherty and Laird next week after their byes.

Have pretty solid bye cover (until team selections shit all over it this tomorrow).
    This is my biggest fear!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have Dahlhaus, Nic Nat & Tippett.

will be too busy weeping into my cornflakes to worry about downgrades!
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

17. Likes Hodges liked this post