ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Posted in another thread on it but you only need Tippett to allow you to cover two donuts in the rucks with a rookie scoring 60ppg to break even with the guys scoring at an F6 level from here on out, assuming Tippett maintains current pace. The positive is Tippet's last 5 average is actually on pace to be a genuine F6 and our schedule opens up quite nicely from here.

If Goldy is missing, he is a legitimate option this week as it would be one of those donuts up front and if you've got a Petracca type covering there is potential that replacement could be an 80+ score.

If you have Martin and are planning to dump him then grabbing Tippett this week could be an option that allows you to dump Martin to a forward instead (this is only really viable in DT where Tippett is scoring premium ruck levels) and you avoid a donut in the meantime.
    If you can pull that off then it's certainly worth considering.

Harder to do so in DT over SC as you require notice in advance of them missing and I you basically need the rest of your forward line to play given the R3 that goes forward most likely won't. But having the potential to do that is always better then not.

Quote Originally Posted by scrotumscragger View Post
    no interest in s mitchell in this forum or anywhere else for that matter, despite being absurdly cheap. is mitchell carrying an injury thats putting people off. hawks have a fairly easy run home and youd think he'd score well.
    I'm interested in a sense I'm keeping an eye on him but not enough to bring him in yet. Last years average of 103.2 was the first time he's averaged over 100 since 2012 which looks to be his peak for the most part - did average 112 in 2011 but has 4 season of 100-103 average and the rest under 100 which makes the 2011 season look a little bit of an outlier.

Then need to factor in he'll likely have 1-2 games rest later on in the year, it's a pretty risky pick but at least it comes at a good price. Hasn't scored over 90 in his past 4 games as he's drawn more attention from the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    It would be bringing Tippett in as a forward this week and then trading Stef either at his bye, or the week before to a forward, and moving Tippett into the R2 slot.
    Lose a bit of cash on Martin then by holding onto him for another month or so if he continues at his current rate. Almost wonder whether you wouldn't just be best to use two trades in the ruck to go Martin > Tippett and Currie > Michael in that case?

Don't get the link but you get instant cash and move Martin before he takes a big price hit and I imagine the forward you'd otherwise trade to Tippett will do better in the short term that he remains in your side.

2. Likes pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Tippett plays surprising well in the wet.
    Cucumbers are 95-96% water.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no interest in s mitchell in this forum or anywhere else for that matter, despite being absurdly cheap. is mitchell carrying an injury thats putting people off. hawks have a fairly easy run home and youd think he'd score well.
    If he fires up again, I'll look at him as a sideways for Liber. But at the moment, he's had 5 scores under 100 in a row.
    There's better options in Gray and Priddis at the moment.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He started really well this year and is cheap now but I don't see him as a top 8 guy. I haven't viewed as a top DT mid for a long time. I feel like he can be shut out of games, he's getting on in age and he is a rest candidate. I'd rather go for someone like Jack Steven, even if I have to pay more.
    #teamANB

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

For me the reason is pretty simple. 2011 and maybe 2012 in SC are the only years he's posted premium numbers, he will have a rest at some point as well and teams have tagged him and the Hawks have been pretty ordinary at least partly as a result so why would they stop?

He's super cheap and could be a decent option as a result but I just don't like trading in under premiums if I can avoid it, not when guys like Ward, Gray or Steven are similarly priced as well.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    This is a fantastic post.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    For me the reason is pretty simple. 2011 and maybe 2012 in SC are the only years he's posted premium numbers, he will have a rest at some point as well and teams have tagged him and the Hawks have been pretty ordinary at least partly as a result so why would they stop?

He's super cheap and could be a decent option as a result but I just don't like trading in under premiums if I can avoid it, not when guys like Ward, Gray or Steven are similarly priced as well.
    gray's the only other option i'm really interested in as i can trade adams down and still upgrade a forward. wont have enough cash for an upgrade if i go to either ward or steven.

gray's a risky option though: 30% of players coming back from a hamstring ping it again within the first three weeks, and week three is particularly likely as muscle fatigue has set in.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

FFC Premium
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Tippett plays surprising well in the wet.
    Disclaimer:

Cucumbers are most productive in areas well watered.

10. Likes KickItToButch, Wogitalia liked this post
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    The eBert era is over

12. Likes KFC, Ben the Gooner, Hodges liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually tempted to bring Rocky in this week in RDT, priced at 503k.
    Does still have a high BE 123 so even if he does well this week isn't go to change much in price.
    But unless I'm willing to trade out Kerridge can't really afford a top priced mid.

Do have other options to trade but again none are going to get me a top performing player in that line except Stef to Gawn.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-0...against-tigers

NORTH Melbourne coach Brad Scott is in hospital with a viral illness and will not coach against Richmond in Hobart on Friday night.

Assistant coach Darren Crocker will instead take the reins against the Tigers in the first Friday night game in Tasmania.

"Brad was not feeling well on his way to the airport yesterday and was forced to return home," North football director Geoff Walsh said in a statement.

Scott missed four games last year after undergoing surgery to address a chronic back problem.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Bonnie Doon Thirds's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am settled on my trades this week. Going early on Selwood, he has a B/E of 156 in SC but he is so cheap and I am backing him in. I already have Gray so Selwood is a good option.

Harltey > Tucker
    Kennedy > Selwood
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Going early on Aaron Francis - My boy for 2017.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Actually tempted to bring Rocky in this week in RDT, priced at 503k.
    Does still have a high BE 123 so even if he does well this week isn't go to change much in price.
    But unless I'm willing to trade out Kerridge can't really afford a top priced mid.

Do have other options to trade but again none are going to get me a top performing player in that line except Stef to Gawn.
    I really want to see how he's played.

Given how many times his body has broken down this year I expect they'll really try to ease him in with a lot more time up forward and try to gradually build him up to the midfield.

Then again, Leppa might then just play him as a full time midfielder as it's what I wouldn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Doon Thirds View Post
    I think I am settled on my trades this week. Going early on Selwood, he has a B/E of 156 in SC but he is so cheap and I am backing him in. I already have Gray so Selwood is a good option.

Harltey > Tucker
    Kennedy > Selwood
    Sacrificed my lolfantasy 3 weeks ago to bring in Selwood to take him down, hasn't scored over 90 DT/SC since I've done that move so beware!

17. Likes Wogitalia, Bonnie Doon Thirds liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Rocky's BE will be even higher next week. Has the 130 odd as his 2nd last score before the 40 or whatever he scored last game.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SC - Trading Hartley to Tucker. Prevaricating on the second trade.

Problem children are:
    Trengove and Jesse Lonergan in the backs (both with BEs of 82)
    SMartin

Options:

Trengove or Lonergan -> Dahlhaus (wish I could go RGray but I've finally run out of M/F DPPs to make it happen). Leaning Lonergan as I reckon Trengove still has upside. Having said that Jesse should thrive in the slop.

Smartin -> Gawn (most likely at this stage)

Libba -> RGray (unlikely as Libba is worth hanging onto until his bye)
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"