ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    I think if you haven't got Gray you would be going him before Howe given his history and somewhat similarly priced. He is the one I am after this week.
    Yeah I already have Gray, had him before he got injured. I think I will take the Howe value!
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Going early on Aaron Francis - My boy for 2017.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I think if you haven't got Gray you would be going him before Howe given his history and somewhat similarly priced. He is the one I am after this week.
    Depends on the rookies for me. I'm replacing either Libba for Gray or Hartley for Howe, I think absolute best case you're getting 25ppg from Gray (120 average) and I'd say on a bad result you should get 25ppg from Howe (that would be a 90 average).

We're at that point where it's mostly about who you're replacing more than the actual target.

Also worth considering is that Gray is projected to increase only 4k compared to Howe at 20k (admittedly I'd say the projected scores are pretty rough/generous but still...). Both Smith and Davis for those with them are good chances to make more cash than Gray this week, the rookie backs, not so much on Howe with most of them more than plump.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How likely is Howe to continue playing in this role? Langdon still missing for 2-3 weeks but Moore and Fasolo now both have 4-5 week injuries. Cloke should come in for Moore but it still leaves Collingwood a little light on for goalkickers.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    How likely is Howe to continue playing in this role? Langdon still missing for 2-3 weeks but Moore and Fasolo now both have 4-5 week injuries. Cloke should come in for Moore but it still leaves Collingwood a little light on for goalkickers.
    Given they played Pendles in a similar role in their desperation to get some class down back and how well Howe has gone (and the Pies since he went back there) I'd think this is one of those moves they'd be stupid to reverse... of course it is Buckley.

It's always very possible the role changes, the positive is he is still a pretty decent scorer up forward, not good enough to hold long term but enough to not tank his price gains as you dump him.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Super coach trades this week will be instead of going with Laird as previously planned i'm gonna go Ruggles > B Smith, only 365k atm, low b/e. Then go early on Keays and get Mathieson in.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Brodie Smith as a fantasy player, though I'm DT focused and not sure about his SC pedigree. He's probably $365K for a reason.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smith has had one good fantasy season and that was 2 years ago. He's still got a lot of talent, as he has shown in the past 2 weeks.

But he hasn't been a consistent scorer since 2014. He's the definition of buyer beware.

That being said, he's probably a better bet than the likes of Trengove and people fell over themselves to get him in. I'll pass though.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Doesn't get enough marks/tackles to help maintain his score when he doesn't get ~25 disposals a game. At least for DT and I imagine it probably applies the same for SC because if he's not getting the ball enough he's not scoring given he doesn't do much defensively to boost his stats and mostly gets outside touches.

And I'm lucky enough to own him in both comps and maybe even lolfantasy if I could be bothered to check.

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_FC View Post
    I hate Brodie Smith as a fantasy player, though I'm DT focused and not sure about his SC pedigree. He's probably $365K for a reason.
    He had a 22 in the system being the main reason and that was the Geelong game where most Adelaide players scored poorly.

Take that out of his average and he's averaging 87.6, pretty handy for D6 position.
    i think he's worth a shot at $365k, but only for that last spot in your defence. Any where else would be a no.

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im pretty wary of Howe, he is absolutely an elite scorer when playing as a defender but not as a forward. And it was one of the reasons he left the Dees, Bucks promised him he wouldnt play him down back (AFL site article a few days ago). The move back has coincided with the Pies losing Langdon, Williams and Ramsay - Ramsay wont be back but the other two arent far away. And with Fasolo and Moore going down, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him move forward.

This is the article btw: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news...s-pies-forward

One of the key factors in Howe's move to the Magpies from Melbourne was based on his desire to play up forward, which was the crux of Buckley's pitch to Howe when the two met up in Bali to sign off on the deal in October last year. But Buckley needed a solution, and Howe was it.

"'Bucks' actually sat me down and said, 'Look I'm going to go against my word here, I said I'd never play you in the backline, but I'm going to ask you if you can,'" Howe told AFL Media.

The shift was set in motion as the Magpies' defence was struck down by a "curse of the half backs", as Howe puts it. Jackson Ramsay went down with a season-ending knee injury, Tom Langdon rolled his ankle andMarley Williams hurt his foot, while Ben Sinclair has also been in and out of the side because of ongoing concussion symptoms.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Im pretty wary of Howe, he is absolutely an elite scorer when playing as a defender but not as a forward. And it was one of the reasons he left the Dees, Bucks promised him he wouldnt play him down back (AFL site article a few days ago). The move back has coincided with the Pies losing Langdon, Williams and Ramsay - Ramsay wont be back but the other two arent far away. And with Fasolo and Moore going down, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him move forward.

This is the article btw: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news...s-pies-forward
    Whilst true, also remember that Taylor Adams is out now long term & he was playing across half back also so Williams/Langdon could just slot into the spot Adams was playing. The pies sudden resurgence of form has coincided with Howe moving to half back - their ball movement from the back half so much better & he is taking their kick outs now which was a big issue early in the season for them. As much as I don't rate Bucks as a coach surely even he can see how much better the pies function with Howe playing half back... there is always the possibility of him going forward for sure so there is risk attached. Howe's upside is so high when playing as a defender as he has shown over the last month, playing such a lucrative fantasy role - the question is do you trust Bucks & his coaching staff to keep playing him where has excelled over the last month along with what has benefitted the team the most.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

"I'm going to ask you"? That's piss weak. You're the coach, you tell him
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

13. Likes Bunga liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are planning to do if Goldy is out this week?
    I have no coverage, but I'm pretty much prepared to just cop the hit.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    What are planning to do if Goldy is out this week?
    Cry
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

16. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Really don't think Goldy will miss.

But if he does, I'd be looking to trade Currie for Sam Michael at R3 who I'm expecting to come in to replace Hartley, or do a downgrade/upgrade involving bringing in a R/F to R3 and Tippett to a forward position.