Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

I think its make or break week for Martin owner's.

I was hoping he could get to the byes without losing too much cash and then trade through the byes, but this required him to put up 60's and 70's types of scores.
    Currently he's going at 58/44 RDT / 48/40 SC this is worse the than the rookies we are having to start at the moment and losing a ton of cash.

His BE is 160 in both comps, price 457k/413k and set to lose another 50k with another score of 50, at this rate come the byes he'll be priced like a dead cow.

In RDT 50k can get you anyone but Goldy, SC is a bit tougher as you'll need 100-150k.

Lets just hope the West experiment is over, Lions did have a A grade ruck and D grade fwd before but now they just have 2 D graders.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not a sideways trade in my opinion, it's an upgrade. It's also closing down a negative POD which is destroying his owners.

If he's going at mid 40s and Gawn is going at 97 RDT. Thats about a 50 point gap.

Given Petracca/Smith are putting up 70ish averages. Then they are 40ppw less than the likes of Neale/Treloar. More importantly they are still making coin where as Stef is about as sound of an investment as Ansett.

Even if he comes good he's been 10ppw less than Gawn over the course of the season anyway. He's been the difference between me hitting par scores or not the last 2 weeks and I'm pretty done with it.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an upgrade if Martin continues to spud, if West can piss off I'm confident Stef can score on par with the rest of the premiums for the rest of the season.

Agree its a make a or break trade this week though.

4. Likes pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

The hard part about the Stef trade is that it's only a Trent West dropping from being a waste in DT where he was only giving up 5 points a game to the 2nd best rucks. In SC it's a different story where he's been 30 points off the top 3 rucks who are also by far the most popular (NicNat at 16% more teams than Stef is the least popular of the big 3) even when he was going alright. Now he's 80 points off the pace and he's a pretty well proven 40-60 type as a forward. In SC you've almost got to look at him as a peaked rookie at this point and just get out, if you had a rookie giving up 80 points and set to lose 50k you'd be cutting him.

The absolute worst case of trading is that he bounces back and you wasted a trade going sideways to a premium.

If we're lucky, West will head to greener pastures this week
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

6. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Summed up well. You're more than likely putting off another upgrade for a week at the same time also.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really need Josh Walker to come back into the side as he was playing 2nd ruck, he was dropped and West came in to play main ruck and Martin has taken Walker's forward spot.
    Anyone know how he's been going, can't find much on the neafl site other than he kicked 5 goals in a 110 pt win.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freeman and Schache have both been showing positive signs of improvement also which doesn't bode too well.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Freeman (and tbh Schache also) would be capable of playing the 2nd ruck role if West is dropped. Leppa being a moron doesn't help matters tho.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Bonnie Doon Thirds's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are peoples thoughts on Howe in SC? I am looking at having him as my 6th defender and use him as a swingman DPP with Mitch Brown.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Going early on Aaron Francis - My boy for 2017.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Doon Thirds View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on Howe in SC? I am looking at having him as my 6th defender and use him as a swingman DPP with Mitch Brown.
    Really liking him BDT - the fact he has def/fwd classification adds to the appeal. Playing a great role across half back has coincided with him posting 4 hundreds in a row (averaging 121 last 3). Port, dees, Freo & Carlton his next 4 all at the MCG makes him even more enticing. Need to jump on him now at 495K as his price will sky rocket. I already have Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Laird & Bartel - I am not sold on Rance & not sure who else I would want as my last defender premium tbh, so I am almost certain to back Howe in.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Bonnie Doon Thirds's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Really liking him BDT - the fact he has def/fwd classification adds to the appeal. Playing a great role across half back has coincided with him posting 4 hundreds in a row (averaging 121 last 3). Port, dees, Freo & Carlton his next 4 all at the MCG makes him even more enticing. Need to jump on him now at 495K as his price will sky rocket. I already have Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Laird & Bartel - I am not sold on Rance & not sure who else I would want as my last defender premium tbh, so I am almost certain to back Howe in.
    Nice Bunga, I think I will take him on that advice. I have neglected the backs and only have Shaw, Simpson, Bartel as premiums. Need to add Docherty but cant afford him this week. I think taken Howe at this price will work well if he keeps this up.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Going early on Aaron Francis - My boy for 2017.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

All over Howe, almost certainly coming into my side.

Averaged 92 over 16 games back in 2014 playing a similar role for Melbourne. Crap team, a couple of forward tags on him and what not make me think he can boost that 5+ points, also his role is better than I remember there where it was more intercept and less rebound, he's doing both as the #1 option for the Pies.

I've basically targeted him and McVeigh to finish off my backline. DPP is very handy also as I may try and hold Tippa for coverage if I can.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think if you haven't got Gray you would be going him before Howe given his history and somewhat similarly priced. He is the one I am after this week.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think if you haven't got Gray you would be going him before Howe given his history and somewhat similarly priced. He is the one I am after this week.
    Tough call, very tempting at his price however the pies are historically his worse team. Only scored over 100 once v Collingwood in 8 games, with 5 scores below 70. He also has a terrible record at the MCG - has never scored over 100 at the home of football (since 2007), averaging just 68 at that ground overall.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Agree with this. Robbie Gray all the way for me.