Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Round 11 Trades

Thought I'd get the ball rolling, interesting week this one for trades. Obviously Mathieson MID on the bubble will be a very popular trade in, Paine also on the bubble FWD. Tucker has a chance of returning also on the bubble DEF and Collins also there assuming he keeps his spot (99% likely).

Then theres Stefan Martin whos spudding it up forward with Trent West in the side. Someone like Gawn is only 40-50k away for those without him, but wait another week and the gap will be much further.

Injury concerns around Hall and Goldstein also being popular picks. Lots to ponder over, teams will play an important role again.

Personally I'll be waiting to hear back about Goldy and Hall, my preference is also to hold Stef in the hope West is dropped. If Tucker is named I might even consider a double downgrade taking both him and Mathieson. Which would allow me to double upgrade next week, hopefully grab both Zorko and Zerrett to finish the forward line.

FFC Football Operations Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 11 Trades

Pretty keen on Math this week, will probably come at the expense of B Keays though.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Given I own Gawn and Martin and the injury cloud hanging over Goldstein's head, I have nfi what to do. Feel like I just have to wait and hope West gets dropped and maybe Goldstein has a week or two off - don't think there are any other ruckman worth considering.

At this point I think I'll pass on Tucker and grab Mathieson but given Steven scored 135, he's now 5-6k more expensive than I'd hoped so I fall just short of going Macpherson > Mathieson and M.Brown > Steven as I had planned.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stef represents the worst kind of pick. The 'safe' guy who absolutely busts. He's leaking bulk points. If I traded him in SC this week I would have essentially got the same result from avoiding a zero. 100 extra points.

He's forcing the issue here. For owners he's probably the worst POD in their line up. You'd be better off starting a Gresham in the mids than Stef at this point because Gawn averages more than pretty much every SC midfielder.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If people are looking at trading Martin in RDT, a unique pick to consider is Scott Lycett.

517K now, has been very consistent over the last 8 weeks :- 102,97,98,85,93,136 & 115. His last couple of weeks especially he has been very good - WCE's most improved player this year for mine. Has the dogs, crows, lions & bombers next 4 weeks so nothing that tough ruck wise to compete against (although playing the dogs has been ruck kryptonite this year for some strange reason).
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I'm keen to get Lyons from the crows. Good form, stats, and strong points despite limited game time, so should do well with more time on the ground.
    I have DeGoey, Billings and Caleb Daniel in my ultimate footy draft side at the moment but need to cut one to make room for Lyons. Thoughts? Or should I keep them all and scrap Lyons?

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

am very interested in Howe & Tom McDonald in SC
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Howe as a pick. Even if he doesn't end up a top 6-7 defender, he's B/F so could come in pretty handy as a swingman / cover in completed teams.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

I think stef has to be dealt with this week, not only is West killing him, he looks unfit and out of form - plenty of decent options in the rucks.
    - twitter @mammes

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I'm all over Howe, 99% will be in my team, with injury being the 1%
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by favourites View Post
    I think stef has to be dealt with this week, not only is West killing him, he looks unfit and out of form - plenty of decent options in the rucks.
    Are there really though? Outside of Goldstein and to a lesser extent Gawn, the field is all looking pretty weak. Couple looking alright now but every chance they drop right off in a month's time.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Are there really though? Outside of Goldstein and to a lesser extent Gawn, the field is all looking pretty weak. Couple looking alright now but every chance they drop right off in a month's time.
    Jump on the Lycett train dyl

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    917 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Jump on the Lycett train dyl

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    585 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Think Lycett is fools gold and you're not even really getting value in buying him at 517k. Prefer Grundy myself if I do go down that path but Goldstein is the obvious option, just know he'll get rested as soon as I bring him in with the injury cloud hanging over his head.

Really want to bring in a midfielder as I've planned for like 2-3 weeks now but other things keep popping up which prevent me from doing so.

Will have to see what Martin's breakeven is like, would really like to just put up with him for another couple of weeks but if it's still high and West remains then maybe he becomes more of a priority than getting a midfielder (Steven ideally).

Edit: I suppose he had a decent run in 2014, just not keen on bringing in another #2 ruckman when I've already got one at the moment that I'm trying to move.

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still feel like getting midfield rookies off the field and getting premiums in would be a better use of a trade than sideway sing Stef. If my midfield and forward lines were finished though, I'd certainly look at dealing him this week.

I blame the stupid manbun. If he cut that off, I think he'd get his special powers back. He'd still have to overcome Leppa somehow though.
    #teamANB