Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Round 8 - Carnage time

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Did you mean Shaw is averaging 130/113 @Wogitalia since R5 last year?
    No 103 in DT and 113 in SC which is just smashing it and basically 10 points on the pack.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post mate, cheers for the recap. At this stage I think Ill be giving Macpherson a miss and your report has done nothing to change that. I was watching his stats while the game was on and his DE just kept dropping. Theres a fine line of your value to the team when you bring that toughness but murder the ball. Dont like the idea of having Davis and Macpherson on the mid bench, asking for trouble!

Definitely right about Hopper just being a beast of a lad, you dont often see rooks built like him. Did he show much versatility in that game or was he purely in the guts?
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Wogi, great analysis. Always like it when you do these deep dive posts.
    #teamANB

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Hodges View Post
    Great post mate, cheers for the recap. At this stage I think Ill be giving Macpherson a miss and your report has done nothing to change that. I was watching his stats while the game was on and his DE just kept dropping. Theres a fine line of your value to the team when you bring that toughness but murder the ball. Dont like the idea of having Davis and Macpherson on the mid bench, asking for trouble!

Definitely right about Hopper just being a beast of a lad, you dont often see rooks built like him. Did he show much versatility in that game or was he purely in the guts?
    Not a lot of versatility which is my biggest concern. Whether that's just because he's a flat out better inside mid than all the other guys or because he can't do it is another question and if he ends up locked in such a lucrative role as a result but stays in the team it's probably a positive.

He reminds me a lot of Ollie Wines as a first year guy in that he doesn't look at all out of place mixing it in the middle but also that's pretty much what he does. He did show nice hands a couple of times and did find space a couple of times around the 50m arc. The worry for me is that he's probably competing with Greene, Palmer, Williams and Steele for a spot in the team with Devon Smith, Hoskin-Elliott and Griffen all to put their names forward as well for those spots (Griff and WHE are 3 weeks away apparently).

I think MacPherson is a decent play, he'll make some cash and I think he'll stay in for a few more weeks, I'd have said there were a good 7 or 8 guys that should get dropped before him because he was one of about 3 guys who could hold his head up on the effort front and when things are that bad skills kind of become a very distant after thought at the selection table.

Personally I think ultimately my decision is that with Boyd out this week I might be forced to double upgrade down back, which means Hopper is my guy next week. I'd probably lean towards taking MacPherson otherwise for the extra 90k.

I think neither really has that much difference in JS at least with the Davis/MacPherson pairing they probably replace each other if it's 1 only come byes. Hopper has some very good players due back around the bye period so while he looks a much better player he's also in a much stronger side.

Ultimately I'd probably say that Hopper looked good enough to justify the extra cash, which means you can just pick the one who fits your upgrade schedule best, for some they might even be able to grab both.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!