Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Round 8 - Carnage time

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Oh **** you Houli.

6 outs in one week. Welcome to donut town.
    Same boat. Absolute carnage this week for sure.

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was enjoying the carnage until Houli was out. So much for durable!
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

3. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sam Gray, your time is up. GTFO
    #teamANB

5. Likes Elvs1, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

No late changes in the Dons/North game so Goldstein plays.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No late changes for north and essendon. North going with all five bigs. Will be interesting to see Daw's role as I recall him playing ruck-rover recently in the VFL.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    No late changes for north and essendon. North going with all five bigs. Will be interesting to see Daw's role as I recall him playing ruck-rover recently in the VFL.
    7-0. Using Essendon game to experiment
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Goldstein starts on the bench
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hawthorn: Nil
    Fremantle: Tom Sheridan (illness) replaced in the selected side by Tendai Mzungu

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Goldy starting on the bench is just brutal. Suggests they just plan on nursing him through the game, similar to what WCE has done with NicNat at times over the years.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheridan gives me my first donut for the year, thankfully it's only in LOL.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_FC View Post
    Or maybe they just want to give Daw a run in a match there is no risk of them losing?
    Wrong call... way to top heavy... give one of the others a rest if your going to play him ffs

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by bailz66 View Post
    Wrong call... way to top heavy... give one of the others a rest if your going to play him ffs
    They know this now though and it cost them nothing.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It cost them % which is looking like it will be very important by year end... with our draw though I expect us to finish 5th or 6th so probably doesn't make much difference we wont catch the other teams % to challenge

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    897 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

So just watched the GWS vs GC game as it's a pretty important game in the scheme of things and figured I'd make some comments...

Shaw - It's so good when his man drags him into the game in blowouts, his ability to get involved in switches is crazy, more importantly his leadership down back is criminally underrated, every time they pan out you can see him getting everyone else in position. This has to be one of the best trades a team has made in recent history and he genuinely looks like the could have another 5 years in him, scarily could win a few flags in that time the way the Giants look! He really needs to be a priority for anyone without him, there is just no good reason to expect him to slow down, he's averaging 103/115 since round 5 last year.

Shiel - He's another who is just so good, legitimate SC option this year, his shoulders are a worry though.

Ward - Ditto.

Kelly - Another I rate absurdly highly, he's going to be a superstar somewhere down the line. He's still the Giant who is getting pushed outside by the more 1 dimensional guys, if I'm a recruiter at any other club he's right up there as my #1 target.

Coniglio - He is beasting it, which is even more impressive given he's hard tagging most weeks.

Williams - He pushed forward in this game for the majority, he could be a real darkhorse in this role but hard to pick because of the guys that are out. One to watch.

Hopper - Wow. Legitimate midfield role, not sure how much was playing the Suns and how much was legit but he just straight out strangled that position into his own. He's beyond AFL ready physically, I legitimately was spotting him by looking for the most beastly looking midfielder in Giants colours, that midfield has Ward, Coniglio and Shiel and I'm looking for Hopper because he's the nastiest specimen of the lot, he looked scary natural. He looks beyond capable of scoring 80+ if he holds that role. Now the issue is who does he push out of the team? Greene has been great and was rested, Griffen is to come back eventually (but late enough to not be a real concern) and he didn't show much outside of as a pure midfielder, not that he really got a chance playing pure midfield but all the peripheral guys have shown more as forwards which is important in the modern game. With his size though he should be a decent forward option. He's 90k extra but I'm very tempted to pay it, he just has that it factor.

Ablett - Copped one of the hardest tags I've seen this year from Coniglio, basically all his touches came when he was handed over and able to shake the less defense oriented Giants. I have a lot less concern about his awful score having watched the game, he actually looked pretty decent when he wasn't wearing the Coniglio blanket.

Hall - Also worked really hard, it's hard to understate just how bad the Suns team is, they've got half a dozen to a dozen guys who either shouldn't be in the AFL or aren't ready for the AFL getting genuine games right now but they're dreadful and it's going to drag down the better players because it just gets turned over. Still, his junk skills are elite so there's that.

Lonergan - Finally scored how he should be in his role, he's the 4th midfielder at that team but just doesn't really do anything special for mine.

MacPherson - This one is tough... He's 90k cheaper than Hopper but there is a massive class divide between the two. The positive on DMac is he works really hard, pressure work is very solid and he's noticeably one of the few with a bit of a hard edge, coaches tend to like that. The negative is that he's an absolute butcher of the pill, his hands are poor and his kicking is worse, I hate to do it to the kid but he legitimately reminds me of Steven Morris in that you just can't question the effort or intent but if I was a Suns fan I'd just close my eyes whenever he has the ball, would say he was very, very lucky to not have 8 or 9 clangers in this game, think he basically got the benefit of the doubt when he'd run himself into trouble and then turn it over that they were contested rather than clangers. I think with the Suns injuries and immense softness as a team that he could end up getting the games needed purely on effort and at a 90k discount on Hopper (and this week rather than next) he is certainly a viable option. I just worry he's the kind of guy who if the effort drops off even 10% he's going to both struggle to score but also hold his spot in the team, has 15 tackles across 2 games which I'm not sure is sustainable. He's a much, much better DT than SC option also, which given Hopper is probably the reverse makes it an interesting scenario. Finally he was playing as a HFF pushing to about the wing and edge of the D50 when it was deep, another worry in a pretty awful team that is very Lynch-centric and has shown no interest in changing that at all.

Martin - Went to the HBF midway through the 2nd, basically when Saad went down, looked pretty good doing it, probably wont score enough to be worth bothering with but certainly worth keeping an eye on, shows some good skills and will probably get a lot of supply and they did look to get it to him a bit. Probably can't score enough in the role but at least worth noting.

Kolo - He just doesn't look right, had an incredible amount of supply and just couldn't get involved. They really just look like a team who've tuned out the coach and are going through the motions and he looks chief among that group. Still, given the way he finished last year he's one to keep a close eye on if things do turn around because he's going to be dirt cheap.

tl;dr Hopper looks great, Shaw looks a must, MacPherson is dodgy as a player but probably a lot better as a fantasy option.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you mean Shaw is averaging 130/113 @Wogitalia since R5 last year?
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos