WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Random Geelong Thread

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-1...one-contention

GEELONG Irishman Mark O'Connor has emerged as a contender for round one selection against Melbourne on Sunday, promoted from the rookie list.

As a category B rookie, the 21-year-old needed to be upgraded to the senior list, compared to traditional rookies who don't need an elevation, after off-season rule changes.
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-1...one-contention

Rookie priced defender/midfielder - his DP could be very handy, another back rookie in the frame.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

2. Likes Notorious_29 liked this post
    FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was good in JLT2, scoring 69/69 from 69% gametime. Sensing a theme.
    Only ever talking SC

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sportsday
    @SportsdayRadio
    Tom Morris: "I can tell you tonight, that barring any mis-hap this week, Patrick Dangerfield will play on Sunday against Melbourne"

3:11 PM - Mar 19, 2018
    How credible is Tom Morris?

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Esava Ratugolea has a finger injury that has him in doubt for round 1.

Several options here.

First would be Fort, obviously fantasy relevant if it's him. Could be him as ruck and Stanley forward or vice versa.

Second would be Taylor or Henderson forward, both would aid the JS of Clark, so fantasy relevant again.

Third would be someone like Buzza which is irrelevant.

Fourth is to go smaller, with Blitz locked in at FB it seems unlikely they'd want him rucking so they'd kind of have no ruck in this scenario so doesn't really make sense.

Be interesting to watch either way.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

With so many potential rookies/premiums at Geelong I thought I'd have a crack at throwing together their best 22 for round 1/season.

Honestly think it's one of the hardest to pick.

B - Tuohy - Note he's almost certainly out for round 1 and as such would be in doubt for round 2-3 as well, imo.
    FB - Blicavs - B&F means lock him in though he's actually one of the more obvious to move elsewhere with their wealth of KP defenders.
    B - Taylor - Think it's his spot to lose for now but wide open spot.
    HB - Clark - Think he did enough to earn the start over Bews (who is injured) but it's debatable and there are other names here.
    CHB - Henderson - Seems to be fit.
    HBF - Stewart - Lock.

W - Duncan - Lock.
    C - Dangerfield - Lock.
    W - Menegola - Lock I'd think.

HFF - Parfitt - Established himself in the best 22 last year, imo.
    CHF - Hawkins - Lock.
    HFF - Dahlhaus - Good JLT and strong career history will put him well in the lead here, imo.
    FP - Atkins - Looked to win the spot to me in JLT with his pressure work, this one is wide open though.
    FF - Ratugolea - Note he's out for round 1 also, but 2nd ruck and 2nd forward seems to be his to lose when fit.
    FP - Ablett - Lock.

Ruck - Stanley - Seems to be winning this battle by a decent amount right now.
    RR - Selwood - Lock.
    Rov - Kelly - Lock, imo, I expect this will be the main position for him.

Int From -

Rohan - Reckon he's in as the 2nd/3rd tall forward so probably swap him with Parfitt on the actual team sheet. He's just about locked with Ratu out.
    Henry - Is he too tall? Do they throw Taylor/Henderson/Blicavs forward to make room for him?
    Guthrie - I think he's the strongest so far of this group, gadget who can play basically anywhere well without being great at anything.
    Kolo - Ditto, played 22 last year but it's really hard to squeeze him in, I think Clark already offers more offensively and they really do lack rebound down back so it's a big decision.
    Cockatoo - Seriously underwhelming to date but they seem to rate him absurdly highly internally, no idea if he's fit but guessing not given no JLT.
    Constable - Strong JLT but yet to debut so no idea here.
    Fogarty - Played 15 games last year but currently injured, would obviously put Atkins under pressure so important in that regard.
    Miers - Think he was behind Atkins on JLT form but he's also right in the mix as a small forward.
    Narkle - 6 games last year pretty much entirely for pressure, Atkins seemed to be better at pressure and way better with the ball so would, again, think he's behind but still in the mix.
    O'Connor - Played 4 games last year and both JLT, Clark was better with more potential as well so would think he's behind here.
    Bews - Out a couple more but he's right in the mix when fit as well.
    Parsons - Another who played a fair bit last year primarily to try and get pressure, again, reckon Atkins showed more in two JLT than Parsons in half a season so would think he's ahead, didn't play JLT either I believe.
    S. Selwood - He's probably in the 22 if he ever gets fit but a hamstring will surely have him out another month or so for now but if Constable is named I'd keep an ear out for how long the injury ends up being.
    Zuthrie - Also in the mix for that back pocket, also think Clark has shown to be as good with way more potential so should start ahead.
    Simpson/Jones - Both played last year and would also be around the fringe.

I don't see them playing 2 genuine rucks given that the only one of their rucks to show any forward skill is their preferred #1.

I think Guthrie and Rohan are just about sure things from that list and I'd think they probably go Henry (especially if Taylor or other flips forward while Ratugolea is out), feels like Henry and Kolo probably battling for one spot and you can probably throw Clark into that mix and make it two spots. Clark is the only one with any real offensive skills but he'd be behind defensively most likely.

FWIW I think Clark and Atkins are the clubhouse leaders with a lot of chasers still to come and both would have to perform to hold their spots. Tuohy out will probably mean both Kolo and Henry get an AFL game against Clark to win the spots.

Be interesting to see if they go with another pressure forward on the bench, in which case Atkins' JS would increase a decent chunk as means there are two spots but I think Parfitt, Dahlhaus and Ablett have a pretty firm grasp on 3 of the small spots and if they went taller with 3 KP types that would push Atkins to bench as best case.

Ratugolea's injury is going to probably throw a curveball of some form in there as well that needs to be accounted for.

Would love any of the Geelong fans' input on this one as they're probably one of the most important fantasy sides right now between the premium forwards and rookies available.

8. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me they have a pretty locked in best 18, Clark the exception. Bench & Emergencies are very hard to work out, fairly content with my bench here but pretty much anyone could be emergencies, some pretty average players in this bunch compared to a team with great depth like Melbourne.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Likes dylan123 liked this post
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Henry played every game after Rd 1 last year. Whilst his position itself isn't settled, I think he's a lock for best 22.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Henry is really hard to fit in with Taylor, Blicavs and Henderson all fit (which basically didn't happen last year) and Clark also in the mix (who already looks better on two JLT games!) but do agree he seems to be in the best 22.

This will be an interesting one.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every team I see has Constable on field in the mids.
    Not sure how he fits in their best 22 personally

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    Almost every team I see has Constable on field in the mids.
    Not sure how he fits in their best 22 personally

I guess for me he's in my team until he's not named, but definitely a big chance he doesn't get named. I believe he had a great JLT last year too and didn't play a game.

Can argue Ablett moved out of the mids, Scott Selwood currently injured, so he gets a game on that basis? If Scooter was fit, Constable's chances of playing go further down.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

FFC Football Operations Manager Hodges's Avatar
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry is definitely best 22, he is going to be special imo. Saw an article about the tall issue at Geelong, they speculated that Henderson would be the one to miss out.
    Only ever talking SC

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    I guess for me he's in my team until he's not named, but definitely a big chance he doesn't get named. I believe he had a great JLT last year too and didn't play a game.

Can argue Ablett moved out of the mids, Scott Selwood currently injured, so he gets a game on that basis? If Scooter was fit, Constable's chances of playing go further down.
    Yeah he looks a play r1 and dropped by r3 contender to me, annoying as looks a better scorer compared to the others

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post

I'm basically using him as a placeholder. I don't have any worry of finding another dodgy 123k mid rookie but I also have a really hard time squeezing him in and keeping him in but their bench is really hard to pick because so many defenders and forwards rather than mids.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who benefits the most from Ablett moving out of the midfield? Or is it a shared gain by a number of players?

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Who benefits the most from Ablett moving out of the midfield? Or is it a shared gain by a number of players?
    Tim Kelly I think.

20. Likes Hodges liked this post