Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Round 3

Barlow was probably playing as a midfielder back then though but am more inclined to hold now as well.

How confident are the Freo boys that Barlow does play midfield minutes with Mundy out? Still don't like it long term but maybe if he plays well enough he can earn some more minutes in the midfield long term.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    Will hold Barlow now.

This from Freako:

Michael Barlow finished with 35 disposals and 141#SuperCoach and 136 #AFLFantasy points in the last game Mundy missed.
    Would not pay one iota of attention to that, we rested 15 of our best 22 in that game.

Even if Barlow does get more midfield minutes this week, he's still going to lose cash and he'll go straight back to the forward line when Mundy comes back next week, pending a remarkable form turnaround.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    Would not pay one iota of attention to that, we rested 15 of our best 22 in that game.

Even if Barlow does get more midfield minutes this week, he's still going to lose cash and he'll go straight back to the forward line when Mundy comes back next week, pending a remarkable form turnaround.
    It's probably only a one week thing for me. It just enables me to re-order my trade sequence. He's projected to lose $40k but that's based on him scoring 60. If he hits 100, he loses $25k, 120 = $20k loss.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

4. Likes Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    It's probably only a one week thing for me. It just enables me to re-order my trade sequence. He's projected to lose $40k but that's based on him scoring 60. If he hits 100, he loses $25k, 120 = $20k loss.
    Fair enough, agree that he'll likely score a little better but I think that tweet definitely needed context.

The question is if he scores decently and Mundy comes straight back, would you still trade him out on the back of a good score knowing that he's likely to be going back to the role of Rounds 1 and 2? The 59 will still be in his rolling average so he probably loses a similar amount in Round 4 (unless he turns it around significantly), so it kind of nullifies the extra cash if you keep him another week.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

He averaged 110 when any of Neale, Mundy or Fyfe missed last year, otherwise his role was similar to this year so far. Does make holding him a bit more tempting for those with many trades required.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guess that suggests short term (as long as Mundy is out) he can score well but with that kind of DT score when they missed, it's rather likely he gets pushed back to his shit role once they return.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Regardless if he loses money (Barlow) I feel it's more about his role and his possibility to score better in the midfield (where he should be playing) as he clearly is a better player in the midfield then where Ross has been playing him in previous weeks.

Sam Mitchell isn't the quickest runner for the Hawks in the midfield and he is crucial around the midfield and clearances for his team, you have you're best midfielders in the middle to win the ball and Barlow to me was one of Fremantle's best since he was drafted and he has always been abit of a scoring stud.

Hope Barlow scores well this week because I plan to keep for him!
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    Regardless if he loses money (Barlow) I feel it's more about his role and his possibility to score better in the midfield (where he should be playing) as he clearly is a better player in the midfield then where Ross has been playing him in previous weeks.

Sam Mitchell isn't the quickest runner for the Hawks in the midfield and he is crucial around the midfield and clearances for his team, you have you're best midfielders in the middle to win the ball and Barlow to me was one of Fremantle's best since he was drafted and he has always been abit of a scoring stud.

Hope Barlow scores well this week because I plan to keep for him!
    This. Plus if Freo put up a better showing with Barlow in the midfield then Ross may be inclined to give him more time there. There's also no guarantee that Mundy only misses the one week. Calf injuries, particularly to older players, are very difficult to shrug.

In my case with Gresham missing, I think I'll hold Barlow and get another look at how he (and other potential replacements) performs this week.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No late changes for either team #AFLSaintsPies.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tom Lynch late out for Adelaide, due to birth of second child. Knight comes in.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Freo looked so very bad tonight, their skills were pathetic. The amount of blind kicks they were doing was driving me mad, can only imagine what it would have been like for their supporters!

Sandilands going down was a massive loss as it really stuffed up their structure but at the end of the day, it was their inability to do anything with the ball once they got it (felt like they were better at kicking to WCE's advantage rather then their own).

WCE had a great run with the umpires as well although that's pretty standard. Their kicking for goal really let them down.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sandilands going down was a good thing for Freo. It released Barlow into the ruck and released his fantasy scores from epic mediocrity.

Is there anything Barlow can't do?
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Jacob Weithering excellent game surely he wins NAB rising star this week?

Aaron Hall very zippy around the midfield seems to be an excellent kick, anyone know what his kicking efficiency was last night?

Lynch giving them a good contest up forward wouldn't surprise me if he ends up winning the Coleman this year if Gold Coast continue their hot form.

Kolo just cleaning everything up in defence excellent role did as he pleased last night.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick note to say thanks to Hewett and Mills, both of whom were on field for me in all comps.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_FC View Post
    Just a quick note to say thanks to Hewett and Mills, both of whom were on field for me in all comps.

Checking in
    Attached Images Attached Images