Important News


User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 89

Thread: X vs Y vs Z

  1. #31
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    I don't really think the roles or midfield time of Treloar, De Goey etc matter in Adams case. He simply does not play any other role. Hence the talk of Pendles back, Swan forward etc.
    Adams was actually a pretty damn good small/mid forward for GWS, wouldn't surprise me at all if Adams and Swan basically swap on ball/forward.

    Treloar is the big worry because he's the pure midfielder (ditto Sidebottom really) so think those two need big midfield minutes. Pendles will Pendle wherever he is. Ditto Swan. De Goey is the massive curveball, he looked so much better last year as a midfielder than he did as a forward where he was a bit lost, so another I'd expect heavy midfield minutes from if they're trying to get the best out of him.

    That said, there isn't any reason they can have 4 or 5 guys put up huge numbers. Last year Sydney had Parker, Kennedy, Hannebery, Mitchell, McVeigh and Jack all scoring 94+ in DT. No reason I don't think that Sidebottom, Pendles, Swan, Adams, Treloar and De Goey can't do similar. Hawks similarly had 5 guys above 96. The question of course is which guys will be at the top and which at the bottom or if they can all be relevant. I'd guess De Goey to be one of the 90 guys rather than the 100s and I kind of expect Swan to take a back seat again this year so maybe he's the other.

    Kind of looking at them more as upgrades as a result of the uncertainty. Though Sidey and Pendles have each slid into a team.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  2. #32
    FFC General Manager Bert1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Posts
    5,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Adams was actually a pretty damn good small/mid forward for GWS, wouldn't surprise me at all if Adams and Swan basically swap on ball/forward.

    Treloar is the big worry because he's the pure midfielder (ditto Sidebottom really) so think those two need big midfield minutes. Pendles will Pendle wherever he is. Ditto Swan. De Goey is the massive curveball, he looked so much better last year as a midfielder than he did as a forward where he was a bit lost, so another I'd expect heavy midfield minutes from if they're trying to get the best out of him.

    That said, there isn't any reason they can have 4 or 5 guys put up huge numbers. Last year Sydney had Parker, Kennedy, Hannebery, Mitchell, McVeigh and Jack all scoring 94+ in DT. No reason I don't think that Sidebottom, Pendles, Swan, Adams, Treloar and De Goey can't do similar. Hawks similarly had 5 guys above 96. The question of course is which guys will be at the top and which at the bottom or if they can all be relevant. I'd guess De Goey to be one of the 90 guys rather than the 100s and I kind of expect Swan to take a back seat again this year so maybe he's the other.

    Kind of looking at them more as upgrades as a result of the uncertainty. Though Sidey and Pendles have each slid into a team.
    If there's something we have an abundance of it's small Mid/Fwds. Fasolo, Elliott (injured), Blair, Broomhead & now Caff best from our likey best 22 off the top of my head. Whereas we don't have many who do better than Adams at what Adams has been doing. He's basically the Luke Ball with more strings on his bow. Was more talking in relation to our teams set up in my statement that there is no other role for him rather than saying he's not capable of any other role
    The eBert era is over

  3. #33
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    If there's something we have an abundance of it's small Mid/Fwds. Fasolo, Elliott (injured), Blair, Broomhead & now Caff best from our likey best 22 off the top of my head. Whereas we don't have many who do better than Adams at what Adams has been doing. He's basically the Luke Ball with more strings on his bow. Was more talking in relation to our teams set up in my statement that there is no other role for him rather than saying he's not capable of any other role
    Yeah that's fair enough, I'd argue you've got plenty of guys to do what he does as well though now with Treloar and De Goey as well as Pendles and Swan. It's really just a loaded midfield
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  4. Likes Bert1 liked this post
  5. #34
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Can someone sell Weitering vs Dea to me? (SC)
    Last edited by hendo8888; 23rd March 2016 at 09:08 PM.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  6. #35
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    Can someone sell Weitering vs Dea to me? (SC)
    Job security should be much better for Weitering, you look at the best 22's a few of the Bombers fans have put up and Dea is only even in 50% of them. Weitering reminds me of Harry Taylor as a rookie who averaged 81, I don't see any reason that Weitering can't do similar playing as a 3rd tall with the intercept skills he has shown in the NAB and as a junior, has also shown very nice ball usage.

    Dea should score well but his scoring history is pretty terrible so it's no certainty that he continues on from the NAB form, though obviously seems to have a higher role at Essendon than he ever did at the Tigers.

    The good part is we will know the Bombers side before tomorrows game.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  7. Likes Hodges liked this post
  8. #36
    Super Moderator pvcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    8,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Job security should be much better for Weitering, you look at the best 22's a few of the Bombers fans have put up and Dea is only even in 50% of them. Weitering reminds me of Harry Taylor as a rookie who averaged 81, I don't see any reason that Weitering can't do similar playing as a 3rd tall with the intercept skills he has shown in the NAB and as a junior, has also shown very nice ball usage.

    Dea should score well but his scoring history is pretty terrible so it's no certainty that he continues on from the NAB form, though obviously seems to have a higher role at Essendon than he ever did at the Tigers.

    The good part is we will know the Bombers side before tomorrows game.
    Agree by and large although Taylor was a mature age KPD rather than an 18 y/o.

    Both are very strong options.

  9. #37
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Taylor was also on a good team, which SC likes. So there's that.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  10. #38
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,150
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    I've got one that a lot of people could be asking the same thing tonight if Hewett isn't named.

    Oliver vs Parish both DT/SC

    Oliver played all 3 games, started slowly but last game was impressive and looks to have one himself a spot.
    Question is can he keep when a few guys come back, if he continues the same form you would think so.

    Parish only played just over a half of the first game before having an injury niggle.
    Looks a classy player and scored well.

    Oliver is about 5k more.

  11. #39
    FFC Premium
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    I prefer Parish Elvs.....Just because there is so much opportunity and regardless of performance I can't see him being dropped...



    My conundrum at the moment (DT)

    Lonergan & Howe

    vs

    Houli & Hartley/Ruggles (would mean on of the latter 2 going on the bench and Newman/M. Brown coming on).

  12. #40
    Super Moderator pvcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    8,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Crows88 View Post
    I prefer Parish Elvs.....Just because there is so much opportunity and regardless of performance I can't see him being dropped...



    My conundrum at the moment (DT)

    Lonergan & Howe

    vs

    Houli & Hartley/Ruggles (would mean on of the latter 2 going on the bench and Newman/M. Brown coming on).
    If option 2 is possible in the event Ruggles doesn't get named, then option 2.

  13. Likes Crows88 liked this post
  14. #41
    FFC Captain Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Current issue:


    Laird, Martin & Mid-rookie

    vs


    Houli, Hall & Viney


    Torn if we will see a trademark Dusty start to the season and mid-rookies worry me. Concern with libba is that will give me two mid-pricers in the mids which I don't normally like but might be the season to do it
    Last edited by Wardy; 24th March 2016 at 02:53 PM.

  15. #42
    FFC General Manager Devo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    MELBOURNE
    Posts
    7,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    RDT:

    B Crouch & Aaron Hall
    OR
    Mitch Robinson & D Parish

    Crouch and Hall might actually score more points if all goes well, and while points are the name of the game there is some level of risk with those two. With the Beams news and with rooks falling over left right and centre, I'm thinking about the Robbo combo now. Parish would either be at M8 or M9.

    Any thoughts?
    #teamANB

  16. #43
    FFC General Manager Devo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    MELBOURNE
    Posts
    7,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Current issue:


    Laird, Martin & Mid-rookie

    vs


    Houli, Hall & Viney


    Torn if we will see a trademark Dusty start to the season and mid-rookies worry me. Concern with libba is that will give me two mid-pricers in the mids which I don't normally like but might be the season to do it
    Which comp, Wardy?

    If RDT, I think it depends on who your mid rookie is. If we're talking Mills, Parish, Oliver, one of these high priced dudes, then I'd probably say number 1. If you're looking at some other rook with questionable job security or scoring power, then number 2 all the way.\

    If SC, I'm the wrong bloke to ask.
    #teamANB

  17. #44
    FFC Premium rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    RDT:

    B Crouch & Aaron Hall
    OR
    Mitch Robinson & D Parish

    Crouch and Hall might actually score more points if all goes well, and while points are the name of the game there is some level of risk with those two. With the Beams news and with rooks falling over left right and centre, I'm thinking about the Robbo combo now. Parish would either be at M8 or M9.

    Any thoughts?
    Crouch and Hall. Ideally Crouch will average at least what Robinson does, leaving Hall to outscore an untried player. The obvious risk is that Crouch gets injured but he should play to a decent level and get some price rises first. It's basically his first completed preseason ever.

  18. #45
    FFC Captain Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: X vs Y vs Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Which comp, Wardy?

    If RDT, I think it depends on who your mid rookie is. If we're talking Mills, Parish, Oliver, one of these high priced dudes, then I'd probably say number 1. If you're looking at some other rook with questionable job security or scoring power, then number 2 all the way.\

    If SC, I'm the wrong bloke to ask.
    RDT and an el-cheapo rookie. Would love to find the cash to get another premo mid but that is hard going

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •