HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Real Dream Team Launching 2nd Feb

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    The BBL comp has a rolling lockout, but they did away with emergencies this year. So you still get the bench score if someone misses but there's a lot less opportunity for loophole abuse.
    It was still possible to play the loopholes, but it requires 2 donuts on a line rather than just the 1. It's a much better system imo.
    Just to add you got the lowest score from your bench as long as they played.
    The other thing is if you didn't want to take the score of your loopholed player it required a trade, wasn't too bad in BBL where you get 3 but in AFL burning a trade would come at a bigger cost.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The bad thing with getting rid of emergencies is it then requires you to check the teams before every single match to ensure you don't have a late out which is just a pain in the ass.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    The bad thing with getting rid of emergencies is it then requires you to check the teams before every single match to ensure you don't have a late out which is just a pain in the ass.
    Yeah, which is why I said it worked better in NFL when 80% of the games started at the same time
    hoff.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    how so? You don't get a 0 if a player is a late out, you just get the lowest score of the guys on your bench that play. It's effectively an auto-emergency system.

So last year for example you might've had Saad and Oxley down back with say Kade Simpson on the ground. Last year if you had another not playing, you'd put the emg on whoever played first and tried to work the loophole between Saad and Oxley. If Simpson were a late out, you'd just play both.

But if there were no emergencies, you couldn't play the loophole between Saad and Oxley as if you put both on the bench you'd get the lowest scorer of the two. Then if Simpson were a late out one or both would come off the bench as in the above. Literally the only difference assuming you didn't burn a trade is the prevention of playing the emg loophole.

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe even have full lockout & if any player who was named prior to lockout is a late out you get said players current average or even historical average versus that weeks opponent (perhaps even whichever one is higher). I mean you were going into the round planning on playing that dude anyway.
    The eBert era is over

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    589 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    how so? You don't get a 0 if a player is a late out, you just get the lowest score of the guys on your bench that play. It's effectively an auto-emergency system.

So last year for example you might've had Saad and Oxley down back with say Kade Simpson on the ground. Last year if you had another not playing, you'd put the emg on whoever played first and tried to work the loophole between Saad and Oxley. If Simpson were a late out, you'd just play both.

But if there were no emergencies, you couldn't play the loophole between Saad and Oxley as if you put both on the bench you'd get the lowest scorer of the two. Then if Simpson were a late out one or both would come off the bench as in the above. Literally the only difference assuming you didn't burn a trade is the prevention of playing the emg loophole.
    That was more in relation to the suggestion of just getting rid of it rather then how the BBL do it.

Doesn't seem like the worst system although you're then almost penalised for having a stronger bench by getting the lesser scorer (so say you've got a KP guy who will be playing most weeks but not scoring well, you're then forced to take that score every time an emg fills in which sucks).

I just think everyone is on a far more even playing field with the full lockout although I'd never considered the issues for people such as Wogi in WA with the bad timezone. Maybe partial to the first match on Saturday where it then goes into a full lockout would work for me in that instance.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Huh? The final teams for every game are released at exactly the same time without fail. It's one of the few things the AFL gets right every time and can absolutely be planned for. Sure sometimes there is an ultra late out that is irregular but even that is easy to have a notification for these days.

Anyone who doesn't know every out as they happen has made the conscious choice to not access that information.
    is this an incoherency-off?

you guys are nuts. rumours start through out the week/weekend, they get confirmed, ruled out at different times. that's unstructured, and the only way around it is the only thing that is plainly unfair to all sides - that people should be hanging out 8 times a weekend, waiting for late outs 15 minutes before each of the 8 games.

that's not a game of skill, it's a game of grinding, undistracted effort. and it's an unfair standard, but like 30 trades it favours the willing not the good.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

8. Likes dylan123, Notorious_29 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post

you guys are nuts. rumours start through out the week/weekend, they get confirmed, ruled out at different times. that's unstructured, and the only way around it is the only thing that is plainly unfair to all sides - that people should be hanging out 8 times a weekend, waiting for late outs 15 minutes before each of the 8 games.

that's not a game of skill, it's a game of grinding, undistracted effort. and it's an unfair standard, but like 30 trades it favours the willing not the good.
    Still remember starting that Rockliff rumour in R23 i think it was about him being a late out, and then he really was glad i benched him that week, People on twitter thought i had inside info LOL
    Twitter Damion23

10. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who cares about the rumours. There is an iron clad release of information at the same point before every match. Incredibly fair for all involved, you can ignore the rumours all week and still tune in at the same time before a match to see what is actually going on.

If you're not interested in that you don't have to check in at each one. I don't check in before every game but I don't go screaming that is unfair when I don't. I just prioritised whatever else I was doing at the time. Which is fine and if someone else was there to capitalise on it good on them, they deserved to not get screwed over.

There's more skill in reacting to a situation as it is presented than being locked into an outdated plan from Friday's lockout based on old information. You essentially want a less skillful game in that regard. Which is fine if that is your mindset, but don't go around mislabeling it as unfair or unskillful because you have a different preference.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's not a game of skill, it's a game of grinding, undistracted effort.
    Summed up nicely.

13. Likes Crow-mo liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Who cares about the rumours. There is an iron clad release of information at the same point before every match. Incredibly fair for all involved, you can ignore the rumours all week and still tune in at the same time before a match to see what is actually going on.

If you're not interested in that you don't have to check in at each one. I don't check in before every game but I don't go screaming that is unfair when I don't. I just prioritised whatever else I was doing at the time. Which is fine and if someone else was there to capitalise on it good on them, they deserved to not get screwed over.

There's more skill in reacting to a situation as it is presented than being locked into an outdated plan from Friday's lockout based on old information. You essentially want a less skillful game in that regard. Which is fine if that is your mindset, but don't go around mislabeling it as unfair or unskillful because you have a different preference.
    Most people do because either DT Talk or Supercoach late mail/Rumor give them out and people listen, some turn out true and some are just rubbish, and with no rolling lockout in RDT it kinda helps if you make the right call on that late rumour.
    Twitter Damion23

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Summed up nicely.
    Except it's not entirely true.

I'll grant you there's more skill in the act of picking a captain. As we both agree VC loophole sucks. But there's nothing more skillful about trading in Bonts on a friday just to see him a late withdrawal on Sunday. That's just bullshit that could have been avoided.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damion23 View Post
    Still remember starting that Rockliff rumour in R23 i think it was about him being a late out, and then he really was glad i benched him that week, People on twitter thought i had inside info LOL
    Damo

if you're going to post around here, and I hope that you do, then your name really needs to be in green
    Last edited by Crow-mo; 1st February 2016 at 07:05 PM.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

17. Likes Damion23 liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damo

if you're going to post around here, and I hope that you do, then your name really needs to be in green :thumbsu:
    Don't think that's going to happen, the Admins have spoken
    Twitter Damion23

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#FreeDamo
    The eBert era is over