ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Real Dream Team Launching 2nd Feb

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    I'd love 20 trades to kick it old school. Rolling Lockout is progress.

I'm frankly sick of people who hate it pretending those who defend it have no lives. It shows how pathetic and stupid their argument is. If I'm at a bar with friends and I find out that Buddy is a late withdrawal you best believe I want to be able to do something about it.

Come back with a better argument next time.
    you said it yourself "if you find out..."

that's a crappy way of doing things where people have the luck of the draw of finding out or not at random times
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    you said it yourself "if you find out..."

that's a crappy way of doing things where people have the luck of the draw of finding out or not at random times
    Watching the guy you could have avoided trading in sitting in the stands because of an asinine Friday night lockout is worse.

I don't mind missing out because I didn't hear the news. I do mind missing out because they remove my option to do anything about it when it's easily implemented.
    Last edited by Big Sledge #32; 28th January 2016 at 08:01 PM.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

3. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Watching the guy you could have avoided trading in sitting in the stands because of an asinine Friday night lockout is worse.

I don't mind missing out because I didn't hear the news. I do mind missing out because they remove my option to do anything about it when it's easily implemented.
    Agree 100%... not knowing is 100% on me, it's my fault entirely, not being able to do anything about it because of a hard coded system is completely out of my control, it's pure luck.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a firm Friday lockout fan, but I'm on the fence now after playing NBA fantasy which has rolling lockout and daily changes. Can see the merit both ways now. I'll just kick back and roll with whatever happens.
    #teamANB

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#TeamRollingLockout
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the flow of information is unstructured and is therefore inherently unfair. Yes late outs are unfair, but everyone suffers the same risk
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for rolling lockout once I can get 4G/3G coverage at the MCG or Etihad.
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

9. Likes Skeeta liked this post
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the flow of information is unstructured and is therefore inherently unfair. Yes late outs are unfair, but everyone suffers the same risk
    Actually the flow of information is incredibly structured. Final team sheets are lodged about an hour before the game and are readily available. Access to them is easy for anyone with access to a phone or laptop.

That is more than enough access for it to be a completely fair system in this age of smart phone proliferation. In fact there is nothing unfair about this. The information comes out at a regular period for people to do something about it. They display the information before all telecasts.

But I agree on your second point, late outs are unfair. Which is why rolling lockout is great as it gives people the power to counter them. By switching DPP players around, by trading or just avoiding trading someone in. It's power in a game where we actually have very little. The notion that someone should be forced to sit there and watch a player that they've traded in that week miss because they had to do it on a Friday night for no other reason than it's how we always do it is not only unfair, but it's ridiculously archaic.

People bring in different players, so the risk isn't shared. Which just adds to the unfairness.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Huh? The final teams for every game are released at exactly the same time without fail. It's one of the few things the AFL gets right every time and can absolutely be planned for. Sure sometimes there is an ultra late out that is irregular but even that is easy to have a notification for these days.

Anyone who doesn't know every out as they happen has made the conscious choice to not access that information.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Actually the flow of information is incredibly structured. Final team sheets are lodged about an hour before the game and are readily available. Access to them is easy for anyone with access to a phone or laptop.

That is more than enough access for it to be a completely fair system in this age of smart phone proliferation. In fact there is nothing unfair about this. The information comes out at a regular period for people to do something about it. They display the information before all telecasts.

But I agree on your second point, late outs are unfair. Which is why rolling lockout is great as it gives people the power to counter them. By switching DPP players around, by trading or just avoiding trading someone in. It's power in a game where we actually have very little. The notion that someone should be forced to sit there and watch a player that they've traded in that week miss because they had to do it on a Friday night for no other reason than it's how we always do it is not only unfair, but it's ridiculously archaic.

People bring in different players, so the risk isn't shared. Which just adds to the unfairness.
    That's actually only a minor part of it, you still have emergencies for that. I think the more unfair part is actually that a great deal many people don't even have that one window. Everyone in WA who works full time normal hours is at work for that window for the first month of the season, one meeting and I can't trade for the weekend in any fashion but completely blind, that's a massive, massive disadvantage and a surprise meeting means no trades at all which is even worse. On the flipside with rolling lockouts you can do all your trades on Friday, Saturday or Sunday if for some reason you can't do it before the games and you can miss a window and still recover from it.

Heck I remember when I was overseas for 2013, I basically gave up on DT that year because trying to work out exactly when that window was while traveling was an absolute nightmare, SC I at least just had to pop up with internet within a 3 day window.

I also still remember the last year before they brought in the rolling lockout for round 1 because I got stuck in a meeting and almost didn't even get to have a team at all for the season. Now that was a mad scramble.

13. Likes Big Sledge #32 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could at least close the VC loophole, not a fan of getting two cracks at your double score. That on it's own takes away some skill frkm the game.

Either way obviously those who don't mind committing more of their time prefer rolling lock outs and they benefit greatly, those who prefer to enjoy their weekends blindly without structured mobile fantasy check ins do not. Just going around in circles now. It would be nice to keep one comp without it.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    They could at least close the VC loophole, not a fan of getting two cracks at your double score. That on it's own takes away some skill frkm the game.

Either way obviously those who don't mind committing more of their time prefer rolling lock outs and they benefit greatly, those who prefer to enjoy their weekends blindly without structured mobile fantasy check ins do not. Just going around in circles now. It would be nice to keep one comp without it.
    I do agree that they should do away with VC or at least find some kind of better solution as I don't like loopholing.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

16. Likes Notorious_29, KickItToButch liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

If there is a rolling lockout then VC has to go. You could also make an argument for no emergencies but because our games are at different times that wouldnt work. It can work in NFL because all bar 2 games are on the one day, and they are a lot more transparent with injuries. But I think VC should go.
    hoff.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

Should say I also hate loopholing, not sure how you combat it though. Guess you could argue having a non playing emg is costly enough.
    hoff.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

The BBL comp has a rolling lockout, but they did away with emergencies this year. So you still get the bench score if someone misses but there's a lot less opportunity for loophole abuse.
    It was still possible to play the loopholes, but it requires 2 donuts on a line rather than just the 1. It's a much better system imo.