ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Rucks

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Best part of doing this for me is getting an idea on guys I might otherwise put to the side and Goldy is the perfect example, once you look at his numbers in comparison to the others he quickly becomes a guy who you realise could ruin your season (last year also making a lot more sense when you realise just how much better he was!) and you stop looking at the price and the possibility of him coming back to the pack and start looking more at the risk of him not coming back to the pack and that you can have some decent confidence that you're paying what he is quite possibly worth!

#inb4hefailsmiserably
    Him failing miserably isn't the worst option in the world either. We have 30 odd trades, we'll know by round 2's end if somethings wrong. Then you can trade him to the biggest bolter after 2 weeks film study and net yourself 100k+ which isn't the worst use of a trade. It basically lets you gather more information on a position you only ever want 2 of anyway.

It's the best case of a worst case scenario, but his prohibitive price is a get out of jail free card if you have to get rid of him.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    From Carlton pre-season reports, Phillips seems definitely ahead of Gorringe Wog. Interesting ruck scenario for us but at least we'll have some depth there hopefully.
    I kind of like Gorringe because he isn't a pure ruck, I'd be surprised if you can't find him a role somewhere and at his price that's probably enough.

Phillips is a solid player and better ruckman at this point for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Him failing miserably isn't the worst option in the world either. We have 30 odd trades, we'll know by round 2's end if somethings wrong. Then you can trade him to the biggest bolter after 2 weeks film study and net yourself 100k+ which isn't the worst use of a trade. It basically lets you gather more information on a position you only ever want 2 of anyway.

It's the best case of a worst case scenario, but his prohibitive price is a get out of jail free card if you have to get rid of him.
    That's a tough one though, something has to be completely wrong for that to really happen. Likelihood you don't have a couple of problems is low and two bad games from Goldy is hardly going to have you trading him, imo. He'd have to have become the backup ruckman and put up Leuey scores to really think about trading him I reckon. Two 80s or something aren't going to force the hand unless you're team is perfect and you know you can jump back on in a couple of weeks.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

With Ryder out of the picture, anyone else interested in rolling with Lobbe at R2? Martin is a lock for me & Berger's durability is a big concern, in rehab already.

Lobbe training well by reports, priced at 389K in SC, we know how much he thrives in the absence of Ryder, averaged 100.8 SC in 2014 playing 21 games - on my radar for sure as a stepping stone to Goldy.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

4. Likes Crows88 liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    With Ryder out of the picture, anyone else interested in rolling with Lobbe at R2? Martin is a lock for me & Berger's durability is a big concern, in rehab already.

Lobbe training well by reports, priced at 389K in SC, we know how much he thrives in the absence of Ryder, averaged 100.8 SC in 2014 playing 21 games - on my radar for sure as a stepping stone to Goldy.
    He is an option for sure but I can't get out of the equation that you're still more than likely going to need to upgrade him to whomever of Goldy/Martin/Jacobs/NicNat end up being the 110+ guys because I don't think Lobbe can get there.

Does present great value though, no doubt.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another +1 for the Goldy/Martin combo.

More confident in Martin, but given how much of a battle it was to get Goldy in last season, I'm hesitant to leave him out.

NicNat is the other that I'm interested in, I don't think that 115 is beyond him this season.

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah whilst there are definitely plenty of improving 'stepping stone' ruck options, Martin & Goldy barring injury should be far and away above really anybody else yet again & the upgrade will probably still be a pretty significant one that I'm not really sure I can be fussed dealing with as I usually have enough else going on problem trading wise.

Plus the difference in points from the get go is always a big key.
    The eBert era is over

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% locked on Martin, no real competition and plays like a mid fielder racking up a lot of possessions.

Goldy in SC is a tough one given his price and whether he can recreate the same sort of scoring as last year.
    There aren't many people who have put up a 125+ avg in SC and only the cream of the crop have ever done it twice.
    Take out his insane 221 from last year and his average drops 5pts.
    Just a couple of 100-110 type scores will drop his price a fair chunk.

The massive problem is if he maintains what he's priced at its going to nearly be impossible to bring him in, will require 3 trades, we've all know how hard it is to bring in guys like Abblett, Swan etc when they are firing.

For me it will come down to what I can do with the 200-300k I would save on not taking him, and finding a suitable R2 that will improve.

9. Likes Bert1 liked this post
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't see enough has changed from a North Melbourne list perspective to expect much less from Goldy. Also the fact a part of his success & jump in scoring last season was contributed to the SC scoring changes with hit outs to advantage etc. He's always been pretty good in that department as far as I know anyway hasn't he?
    The eBert era is over

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i just think its too much to ask for Goldy to repeat a historic season that hasnt been done before, and at his price there is no margin for error

i'm going to start (SC) with Martin & Lobbe. I'm addicted to cheap rucks and every year it bites me on the ass, but i'm resigned to my failings
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lobbe & Sinclair are the only cheap rucks that have any interest to me.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Goldy averages 124 over his last 38 games and has been trending up over that period.

I don't see any good reason he can't sustain his scoring or even improve it, he is the lone ruck, the team should continue to improve around him and he's been doing it for 38 games now, basically since they gave up that whole Currie experiment.

Jacobs, NicNat and Mumford are the only others I'm even considering until Martin or Goldy is out because they're the only 3 who've even looked like pushing the 115+ range they'd need to be in to bother picking anyone else.

Sinclair is worth a mention but it's as a forward, imo.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have to very closely look at Lobbe and Naitanui as second ruck.
    Naitanui averaged 113 after round 7 last year. He has the odd bad game, but he's already 10 points underpriced and now Sinclair is gone, he might finally get a better run as first ruck. 135k cheaper than Goldy.
    Lobbe is so cheap that you have to at least look at him. With Ryder gone, 389k is an absolute steal for what he can do as the sole ruck. Averaged 100.8 the previous year, before Ryder arrived. Obviously just a low end keeper, but he's a good 30 points underpriced.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    I think you have to very closely look at Lobbe and Naitanui as second ruck.
    Naitanui averaged 113 after round 7 last year. He has the odd bad game, but he's already 10 points underpriced and now Sinclair is gone, he might finally get a better run as first ruck. 135k cheaper than Goldy.
    Lobbe is so cheap that you have to at least look at him. With Ryder gone, 389k is an absolute steal for what he can do as the sole ruck. Averaged 100.8 the previous year, before Ryder arrived. Obviously just a low end keeper, but he's a good 30 points underpriced.
    Naitanui has huge durability concerns and Lycett will play the same role as Sinclair last year, heck Sinclair mostly played that role because Lycett was hurt in the first place. NicNat is still going to be heavily managed imo. That said, he is worth looking at still, it's just that Goldy is 15 points better than NicNat even based on that 113 and Stef Martin has just as much upside without the durability concerns and the Leuey experiment is now dead.

Lobbe is going to require a trade unless he can get to 110 which he hasn't really shown, again he is very much worth watching though.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think restricted rotations might have a big impact here.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    i think restricted rotations might have a big impact here.
    Probably helps the guys like Goldy, Jacobs and Martin who only have 1 or less rotations a quarter over a guy like NicNat who is heavily rotated but it is probably going to be one of those things we really only learn in hindsight.