Important News


User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 141

Thread: Midfield Rookies

  1. #61
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    16,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    The issue is if you stash them and they don't debut until round 5. You basically miss an entire cash cow cycle in that time and a downgrade target
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only


    #AgentOfChaos

  2. #62
    Moderator Athomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glen Waverley
    Team
    CARLTON
    Posts
    10,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    The issue is if you stash them and they don't debut until round 5. You basically miss an entire cash cow cycle in that time and a downgrade target
    Yep, but it really depends (in SC anyway) if you are planning on a rolling donut. I'm thinking I utilise R3 at this stage with Grimley, so I'd like a rolling donut at least for Rounds 1 and 2 (after that I am sure we will have 0's throughout the team at some point.)

    Petracca fits the bill very nicely, especially if he plays 1-2 VFL games and is in the team Round 2/3.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

  3. #63
    Super Moderator pvcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Posts
    8,802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    For those considering Petracca for the loophole benefits, there's a chance that when Nathan Grima comes in for Ess, Brown is shifted forward and Grimley is dropped. So the R3 postions could well provide most loophole benefits anyway beyond rd 1.

    Also a decent chance that Parish now plays rd 1 in the VFL and debuts rd 2 as another option for those needing the loophole rd 1.

  4. Likes Athomas liked this post
  5. #64
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    16,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    I understand that and I'll consider it. But if he plays 4-5 games of VFL instead then you're probably behind cash generation wise. Which could be worth it if the points you gain from it early cancel out the 200k+ lost
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only


    #AgentOfChaos

  6. Likes Athomas liked this post
  7. #65
    FFC Senior Coach Elvs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Posts
    3,195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Still think using your R3 for loophole in SC is the best option.
    Can't see Grimley putting up much in the way of scores, he has a BE of around 23.
    Doubt the points from any coverage used from him outways the cash generation by junking another bench spot.

  8. #66
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    I understand that and I'll consider it. But if he plays 4-5 games of VFL instead then you're probably behind cash generation wise. Which could be worth it if the points you gain from it early cancel out the 200k+ lost
    Could be worth it if literally nothing else pops up in the mids regardless. Think it's far more viable in SC than it is DT for obvious reasons.

    I think captaincy and rookie loophole over the first couple of rounds should probably net you in the 150 point range if used right, it might not, but it probably should, especially with so much uncertainty on Gazza and Rockliff in particular.

    I tend to agree though that if there is decent cash generation available, that's going to trump early points this year more than ever, we just don't have a lot of strong rookie options this year
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  9. #67
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    16,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Could be worth it if literally nothing else pops up in the mids regardless. Think it's far more viable in SC than it is DT for obvious reasons.

    I think captaincy and rookie loophole over the first couple of rounds should probably net you in the 150 point range if used right, it might not, but it probably should, especially with so much uncertainty on Gazza and Rockliff in particular.

    I tend to agree though that if there is decent cash generation available, that's going to trump early points this year more than ever, we just don't have a lot of strong rookie options this year
    The thing is I think SC captaincy will be pretty easy after week 2-3. One of Danger, Fyfe, Ablett or Rocky will pop and you'll just ride that until it stops being profitable.

    This season is crazy, there are generally 5 strong Captain options in every team betweem Those 4, Pendles, Goldy & Shaw.

    I think it will be better for dodging bad rookie scores than nailing captains.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only


    #AgentOfChaos

  10. #68
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    The thing is I think SC captaincy will be pretty easy after week 2-3. One of Danger, Fyfe, Ablett or Rocky will pop and you'll just ride that until it stops being profitable.

    This season is crazy, there are generally 5 strong Captain options in every team betweem Those 4, Pendles, Goldy & Shaw.

    I think it will be better for dodging bad rookie scores than nailing captains.
    You can have both. Only takes a VC like Goldy scoring 180 while Danger gets 130 and that's 50 points straight away.

    I think the captaincy options are easy, getting them right isn't going to be though, I reckon we could have 5 or 6 guys who average 130 but I'd expect all of them to regularly score in the 150-160 range and being able to take those scores will add up quickly.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  11. #69
    Super Moderator divvydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Posts
    13,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Mathieson had surgery on his fractured cheekbone today and will miss 6 weeks.

  12. #70
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Kieran Jack at Captains day today on Callum Mills

    "But he's been ultra-impressive. He will be certainly a part of our 22, I would have thought."
    It wasn't really in doubt but always nice to hear

    Also talked up how well Buddy is travelling, so that's nice.

    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-1...sets-exit-jack
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  13. Likes Bunga liked this post
  14. #71
    FFC General Manager Devo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Team
    MELBOURNE
    Posts
    7,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Connor Menadue at $170k in RDT. Someone sell me on it.
    #teamANB

  15. #72
    Moderator Athomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Glen Waverley
    Team
    CARLTON
    Posts
    10,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Connor Menadue at $170k in RDT. Someone sell me on it.
    You can loophole him Round 1.

    That's about all I really have to sell
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

  16. #73
    Moderator Wogitalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    22,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Menadue is a real pain, plays in the first game, so at least you can lock him in but he's basically a structural piece at his price and you're committed at that point, as AT said at least you can loophole his round 1 score but if it's terrible he could be straight out of the side.

    I do think you've almost got to take him unless we get a really pleasant surprise with team sheets though.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

  17. #74
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Posts
    2,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Richmond is literally falling apart at the moment, so he might have good job security.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

  18. Likes Narkee liked this post
  19. #75
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Team
    CARLTON
    Posts
    2,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Midfield Rookies

    Does anyone know how Petracca/Trengove went in the game on the weekend? I have scoured the interweb but cannot find a single match report for the Casey vs Port Melb game. Trengove is only like $128K, isn't he?
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •