Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Midfield Rookies

The issue is if you stash them and they don't debut until round 5. You basically miss an entire cash cow cycle in that time and a downgrade target
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    The issue is if you stash them and they don't debut until round 5. You basically miss an entire cash cow cycle in that time and a downgrade target
    Yep, but it really depends (in SC anyway) if you are planning on a rolling donut. I'm thinking I utilise R3 at this stage with Grimley, so I'd like a rolling donut at least for Rounds 1 and 2 (after that I am sure we will have 0's throughout the team at some point.)

Petracca fits the bill very nicely, especially if he plays 1-2 VFL games and is in the team Round 2/3.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

For those considering Petracca for the loophole benefits, there's a chance that when Nathan Grima comes in for Ess, Brown is shifted forward and Grimley is dropped. So the R3 postions could well provide most loophole benefits anyway beyond rd 1.

Also a decent chance that Parish now plays rd 1 in the VFL and debuts rd 2 as another option for those needing the loophole rd 1.

4. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I understand that and I'll consider it. But if he plays 4-5 games of VFL instead then you're probably behind cash generation wise. Which could be worth it if the points you gain from it early cancel out the 200k+ lost
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

6. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think using your R3 for loophole in SC is the best option.
    Can't see Grimley putting up much in the way of scores, he has a BE of around 23.
    Doubt the points from any coverage used from him outways the cash generation by junking another bench spot.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I understand that and I'll consider it. But if he plays 4-5 games of VFL instead then you're probably behind cash generation wise. Which could be worth it if the points you gain from it early cancel out the 200k+ lost
    Could be worth it if literally nothing else pops up in the mids regardless. Think it's far more viable in SC than it is DT for obvious reasons.

I think captaincy and rookie loophole over the first couple of rounds should probably net you in the 150 point range if used right, it might not, but it probably should, especially with so much uncertainty on Gazza and Rockliff in particular.

I tend to agree though that if there is decent cash generation available, that's going to trump early points this year more than ever, we just don't have a lot of strong rookie options this year
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Could be worth it if literally nothing else pops up in the mids regardless. Think it's far more viable in SC than it is DT for obvious reasons.

I think captaincy and rookie loophole over the first couple of rounds should probably net you in the 150 point range if used right, it might not, but it probably should, especially with so much uncertainty on Gazza and Rockliff in particular.

I tend to agree though that if there is decent cash generation available, that's going to trump early points this year more than ever, we just don't have a lot of strong rookie options this year
    The thing is I think SC captaincy will be pretty easy after week 2-3. One of Danger, Fyfe, Ablett or Rocky will pop and you'll just ride that until it stops being profitable.

This season is crazy, there are generally 5 strong Captain options in every team betweem Those 4, Pendles, Goldy & Shaw.

I think it will be better for dodging bad rookie scores than nailing captains.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

The thing is I think SC captaincy will be pretty easy after week 2-3. One of Danger, Fyfe, Ablett or Rocky will pop and you'll just ride that until it stops being profitable.

This season is crazy, there are generally 5 strong Captain options in every team betweem Those 4, Pendles, Goldy & Shaw.

I think it will be better for dodging bad rookie scores than nailing captains.
    You can have both. Only takes a VC like Goldy scoring 180 while Danger gets 130 and that's 50 points straight away.

I think the captaincy options are easy, getting them right isn't going to be though, I reckon we could have 5 or 6 guys who average 130 but I'd expect all of them to regularly score in the 150-160 range and being able to take those scores will add up quickly.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mathieson had surgery on his fractured cheekbone today and will miss 6 weeks.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Kieran Jack at Captains day today on Callum Mills

"But he's been ultra-impressive. He will be certainly a part of our 22, I would have thought."
    It wasn't really in doubt but always nice to hear

Also talked up how well Buddy is travelling, so that's nice.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-1...sets-exit-jack

13. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connor Menadue at $170k in RDT. Someone sell me on it.
    #teamANB

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Connor Menadue at $170k in RDT. Someone sell me on it.
    You can loophole him Round 1.

That's about all I really have to sell
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Menadue is a real pain, plays in the first game, so at least you can lock him in but he's basically a structural piece at his price and you're committed at that point, as AT said at least you can loophole his round 1 score but if it's terrible he could be straight out of the side.

I do think you've almost got to take him unless we get a really pleasant surprise with team sheets though.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Richmond is literally falling apart at the moment, so he might have good job security.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

18. Likes Narkee liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how Petracca/Trengove went in the game on the weekend? I have scoured the interweb but cannot find a single match report for the Casey vs Port Melb game. Trengove is only like $128K, isn't he?
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]