Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 2016 Nab Challenge

Pre-NAB, who are the main guys we're going to be keeping an eye out for?
    I've got Gresham, Keays, Jansen, Mathieson, Keough, Bonner, Wells/Anderson, Byrne, Petracca, Menegola and most of the Essendon guys on my radar.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

dammit. No Newman or Beech.

Newman a bit odd given how young the Swans side in is. Wonder if he's picked up a minor inj.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    From a WCE perpective, as Sledgey said above, we are resting all our big names for an interstate trip.

No NN/Lycett/Shuey/Priddis/EMac/Kennedy/Darling. Bit surprised to see Gaff named tbh. Looking forward to seeing Yeo in action, Luke Partington has been the most impressive of our new recruits on the training track so looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully Lucas is just an emergency & can be the water boy for the day.
    Gaff hasn't missed a game since 2012. Superstar.

Tempted to have him in my SC this year. Into his 6th season. Top side. No Masten early on. Only issue is tags.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Mitch McGovern in action.

No idea how our forward line lines up - Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, Dear, McGovern all as KP/3rd tall type forwards.
    It's a squad of 29, so you effectively have 3 extra players in each group.
    Our core 6 is Tex, Jenkins, Lynch, Charlie, Betts and Menzel (or Milera).
    Charlie is out, so Milera makes up that 6.
    So we have 1 extra tall (Dear), 1 extra midsize (Gov) and 1 extra small (Douglas/Lyons from mids).
    If Charlie was available, it would be a normal set-up, with a spare for each.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting team for the Lions, looks like they're giving all the young guys a chance to impress in the midfield - which isn't exactly great for us, won't give us a true indication of how things are shaping up with all of Martin, Rockliff, Zorko, Hanley, Rich, Beams and Bastinac missing.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It should give you a rough idea of the pecking order, but not of their scoring potential in the main team.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    dammit. No Newman or Beech..
    Beech in all likelihood is a downgrade target after injury or his own state level form pushes the issue. Our forward line is very settled and it's the hardest place to win a way into our best 22.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I don't think Freo actually go interstate this nab, so will be interesting to see if they rest later on
    Lyon has suggested that Pav, Sandi and others will play them all
    When asked whether experienced players such as Aaron Sandilands and Matthew Pavlich would play multiple NAB Challenge games, Lyon was up front with this answer.

“They’ll play them all.”

It'll make for an interesting NAB if they do.

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2...challenge-lyon

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

No Wells is an awful start for him...

Lions team is an absolute shell so will give us absolutely nothing on any of their guys places in the pecking order, basically haven't got the 1st or 2nd string midfield in...

On the flip side the Suns look just about full strength of the healthy guys so should get a good look at Malceski, Kolo, Rosa and Matera, it's a shame that their injury list is basically the midfield as well though so will be a hard read. That said it doesn't sound like we'll see Swallow and O'Meara diving in too early so just a couple to come in with Ablett/Prestia.

WC is a shell also, hard to read much there. No EMac or McGovern should give us a decent read on Yeo's positioning though, if he isn't back without those two it's pretty safe to say he wont be with them.

Adelaide going without Crouch (as expected but still a big concern, imo) or Hampton basically so should get a decent look at their overall structures and where guys line up. Sloane playing is nice, legitimate option in both formats for mine.

Port have basically gone without their midfield, including Lobbe (not a good sign for him at all). Will get a look at Wines at least though to see how he is rolling.

Swans have gone in with a very strong side. Basically everyone fit is playing, only clear best 22 guys missing are McVeigh, Reid, Richards, McGlynn, Jones and Rohan who are all under injury clouds. Should be a good battle between Mills and Leonardis who are battling for the Jetta vacancy, imo.

North another going in strong although they've managed to leave out pretty much the only guys I actually want to watch in Wells, Mullett and Goldstein!

Saints team is strong also, Gresham and Billings the two I'll be watching closest at this point.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That being said I won't be surprised if Milera beats out Menzel for a spot in round 1. Seems to be having a good preseason.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

13. Likes Thumpy, Crows88 liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    It should give you a rough idea of the pecking order, but not of their scoring potential in the main team.
    How so? You take basically all your A grade and experienced players out of the side it practically becomes foreign. It's a good chance for Leppa to trial a few things but for roles and such I'd be looking further into the next two games.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    How so? You take basically all your A grade and experienced players out of the side it practically becomes foreign. It's a good chance for Leppa to trial a few things but for roles and such I'd be looking further into the next two games.
    It would be like watching the Crows' SANFL team play. None of the first choice players are there, but you can still learn from those games who is likely to be the next cab off the rank in case of an injury.

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK this article about Adam Marcon excites me. Richmond are leaving a lot of their best back in Melbourne, but a good showing here will do his round 1 chances no harm. My RDT really wants him to do well on Friday.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...18-gmxek8.html

Less than three months after his AFL dream hung in the balance, mature-aged Richmond rookie Adam Marcon is preparing for the biggest challenge of his footy life – containing Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe and Fremantle skipper David Mundy.
    Tigers assistant coach Brendon Lade, who will take over the senior reins from Damien Hardwick for Friday night's practice match against Fremantle in Mandurah, confirmed on Thursday that Marcon would be given the daunting assignment.
    It's a far cry from the Penleigh and Essendon Grammar schoolyard, where Marcon was teaching physical education late last year.
    The 23-year-old was selected by Richmond at pick No.47 in November's rookie draft after five years in the VFL.
    "I think he'd rather be with us flying to Perth than be at PEGS college teaching," Lade joked about Marcon at Melbourne Airport.
    "It's good for Adam, great story. We've found out he's a very, very good runner and can find the ball a lot so we look forward to seeing what he can do.
    "He'll probably play on Fyfe and Mundy and people like that through their midfield."
    Another fresh face who the Tiger faithful are looking forward to getting their first glimpse of is young Daniel Rioli – the great nephew of Richmond and Indigenous legend Maurice Rioli.
    Adding to the hype is the fact that Daniel will also be wearing the No.17 which Maurice made famous in 85 of his 118 games for Richmond.
    But Lade stressed the external expectations on Daniel far outweighed those of the club's and he just wanted the 18-year-old to concentrate on playing his role in the team.
    "The club has been talking to him a lot about that stuff, it probably all started when he got No.17, obviously the last name as well, but he understands all that, he's a very level-headed kid," Lade said.
    "He's fit in really well and he's a really good person and hopefully it translates to his footy.
    "Daniel will play in the forward line [on Friday)], he'll probably go into the midfield for a little bit as well. But, look, if he gets a couple of touches, a couple of tackles, a couple of shots at goal, we'll be happy."
    Richmond are taking a very inexperienced team over to WA to face a Fremantle side brimming with A-graders, but Lade saw it as an opportunity for the young Tigers to get a decent footy education.
    "It's a good test for some of our kids," Lade said.
    "Nearly most of the kids we wanted to play, the ones we want to improve, are playing this game so for us it's them going against a very good side. So they get to learn, they get to play against them and hopefully compete very well."
    New recruits Oleg Markov and Mabior Chol as well as former GWS hard nut Jacob Townsend are also set to feature against Fremantle.
    Lade said he was looking forward to his first game as a senior coach and appreciated the chance that Hardwick had given him.
    It continues a league-wide trend of senior coaches handing over their responsibility in the pre-season, with the likes of Melbourne, Sydney and Hawthorn also doing so this year.
    "It'll be a bit of fun hopefully, a good experience for me," the former Port Adelaide premiership ruckman said.
    "Not much changes the way we play ... it's just about getting our structures right, but for me it's probably the experience of the whole week – going through people's presentations, deciding what we show the players, what we don't show them, just the other side that I haven't done before."
    Lade said his goal was to become a senior coach one day.
    He also confirmed Hardwick would spend Friday's practice game on the boundary line.
    #teamANB

17. Likes Narkee liked this post
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hendo8888 View Post
    It would be like watching the Crows' SANFL team play. None of the first choice players are there, but you can still learn from those games who is likely to be the next cab off the rank in case of an injury.
    It's a great chance for a few blokes to put their hand up and say select me come round 1 I agree, but in terms of midfield roles and minutes its just a giant mess and won't show us much at all unfortunately.