ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

milburn-out-but-burton-in-at-adelaide

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-2...in-at-adelaide

Must be farkin kidding- Burton was in my biostats class and he was as thick as, which has been reflected by the dismal state brisbane players have started the season in since he took over. We'll be witches hats next season if the preseason endurance work is left to him.
    We talk shit, deliver nothing

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: milburn-out-but-burton-in-at-adelaide

Yeah I must say I'm pretty underwhelmed by us bringing him in, especially given how fit our side has appeared (along with our strong injury run) under Poulos this season. Go back a season and we were terrible on both accounts, so who is to blame/deserves credit? Did Poulos deliver to what both coaches wanted (bigger/bulkier players for Sando) or did Walsh take over in that area more?

Doesn't fill me with great confidence at this point, hopefully he can prove us wrong.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Obviously the Crows know what they are doing and are glad to have him back where he played his career.

Hasn't Burton done a good job at Brisbane since 2010 with players like Rocky, Hanley, Zorko etc having good years and being solid midfielders. One player who has yet to light it up at Brisbane is Mayes I would have thought he would have been a star by now but injuries seem to have got in the way. This have an impact on young Maybes perhaps with the training load and injuries effecting him early in his career unlike some other young stars who have seemed to have had a good run with not many injuries.

Brisbane's list seems quite young compared to Adelaide's list, I thought Brisbane had a good season this year even though they didn't make finals - there was improvement in their performances is what I'm trying to say so credit would have to go to Burton in his role at the club.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe walsh was the guy driving this years programme?
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    There's no real knowing.

I guess what you can say is Fagan and co would have known Walsh's thoughts on Poulos and we decided from that that he wasn't the best man for the job. With that said, is Burton really the best option? He's gone from a player straight to taking over the fitness department at Brisbane, a club that has struggled with injury/hasn't looked anything special in terms of their fitness etc. Hard to point all their success/failures on the fitness personnel given you need the talent in the playing group to look good and I still believe a bit of luck.

But from a club that is always talking about 'elite standards' etc, is Burton really the best possible appointment in an area Roo talked about as been so crucial last season?

I have my doubts but there really won't ever be any way of knowing one way or another. I'm sure there will be some correlations in the coming years to support the argument either way, but as outsiders/fans/supporters, we'll never really be able to rate him properly.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    I think Walsh said that he and Poulos had very similar ideas in fitness strategy. Sando allegedly tried to do his own thing and Poulos wasn't too happy about it.

Burton is an odd appointment if everything I've heard about him is true. Hard to believe he is the best man for the role. Hell even Craig would've been nice to have back in some capacity as our fitness levels were always elite while he was at the club.
    Never argue with a fool. They'll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

we've gone for Burton on the basis that he knows footy, rather than the theory of other sports.
    that has to be worth something, and isn't Poulos' background in strength & conditioning? that's a fairly limited field.

We've had a lot of injuries under poulos and we've had good runs under poulos, who knows what his impact is?
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    I think Walsh said that he and Poulos had very similar ideas in fitness strategy. Sando allegedly tried to do his own thing and Poulos wasn't too happy about it.

Burton is an odd appointment if everything I've heard about him is true. Hard to believe he is the best man for the role. Hell even Craig would've been nice to have back in some capacity as our fitness levels were always elite while he was at the club.
    Craig would have been horrible to have back. The man used to put far too great of a load onto first year draftees. Almost every single one of them broke down in their first year adjusting to the pace.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos