Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

Can't believe J Roo was selected ahead of both Cameron & Tex.

JPK had 11 games in a row I think it was to finish the season in which he had 30 possessions or more in each game... Astounding omission.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

I don't buy into the whole "they got most of them right, of course you will disagree with a few of the selections". Most of the team are locks, the selectors are there to determine who takes the remaining 4-6 spots and every year they **** it up by giving them to media love childs.
    hoff.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jack Voldt? c'mon. at least pretend like you give a shit.

appalling selection. He plays a very statistical role, and he plays it in a very statistic way. i.e. there is no hidden value with Jack, he is anchored to the square, doesn't make space, and kicks goals from deep. Good player, but he wasn't as good as Cameron and he wasn't as good as Tex. I'd have Tex over Cameron as he has him covered in all areas but goals, though I can see the counter argument. Leadership gets tex in.

which is my real though. Murphy as captain was a hollow, feel good story. one that would have been hard to justify if Tex made the team. that in my opinion is why Jack got the nod. Why over JC? no idea

Cyril pretty lucky too.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Explains Riewoldt.

Feel like Laird was pretty deserving but outside of Gibson I don't see who's position he'd take and they're not really like for like.

Don't get how Rioli made the team. The fan selection one was better imo.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    Jack Voldt? c'mon. at least pretend like you give a shit.

appalling selection. He plays a very statistical role, and he plays it in a very statistic way. i.e. there is no hidden value with Jack, he is anchored to the square, doesn't make space, and kicks goals from deep. Good player, but he wasn't as good as Cameron and he wasn't as good as Tex. I'd have Tex over Cameron as he has him covered in all areas but goals, though I can see the counter argument. Leadership gets tex in.

which is my real though. Murphy as captain was a hollow, feel good story. one that would have been hard to justify if Tex made the team. that in my opinion is why Jack got the nod. Why over JC? no idea

Cyril pretty lucky too.
    That's actually spoken like someone who didn't watch Riewoldt this year, in the past that was spot on but this year has actually been the opposite, he has played a very selfless role for the Tigers for the betterment of the team.

I actually don't mind the JRoo pick myself. Cameron kicked more goals playing a far more goal kicking oriented role and was very selfish this year, actually a lot of past Riewoldt in his season.

Tex I still don't think was that good or really deserved a spot. Lets not forget that his final against the Dogs doesn't count at all for this selection but Walker was very much a flat track bully this season. I love the guy but I thought he had a particularly underwhelming season himself and that his goals flatter his season. edit: This sounds harsher than it's meant to, I wouldn't have any problems if he had got the spot as I say no one really deserved the spot, just Tex himself, imo, didn't do anything to demand it.

I think that spot was really about a 6 way competition where no one really deserved it and none of them really didn't deserve it, it was by far the weakest spot in the side where they had to pick someone and no matter who they went was going to have a case against them. I think in a lot of ways that Riewoldt probably deserves it the most as the only actual CHF of the group this season.

I wouldn't have had Rance but the second that Talia wasn't even in the squad that became a monty and for mine Rance was 3rd to Hurley and Talia anyway so not a travesty.

Gibson was the best 3rd tall in the league by a comfortable margin, now whether that 3rd tall spot should go to an actual 3rd tall or to a 3rd 1st tall is a worthy debate but I'm perfectly fine with Gibson having that spot on merit.

Rioli is a joke, we all know this and it's the one that stands out the most to me. This is the kind of selection where the media bias shines brightest.

Wood and Murphy over Laird and Boyd (and I think Enright who didn't make the squad) was a case of pick your two. There really wasn't any case for anyone over the other that didn't have an equal counter.

Hanners is another media darling who is in it undeservedly imo. Especially in comparison to Kennedy from the same team and several others from other sides.

Great to see no 2nd ruck, imo. About time they stopped doing that.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So how was JRoo more selfless? his score assists don't show that? He didn't play up the ground, he didn't gain the possessions or the marks.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-mo View Post
    So how was JRoo more selfless? his score assists don't show that? He didn't play up the ground, he didn't gain the possessions or the marks.
    He did play a lot higher this year and did a lot of the unrewarded running to create space behind him. As I said, I don't think anyone really deserved the spot but I think his case was at least as good as the other guys they picked in the squad.

I thought this was probably his best season to date as a team player though, sure he has kicked more goals in the past but I thought he played a much more important and team oriented role.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    He did play a lot higher this year and did a lot of the unrewarded running to create space behind him. As I said, I don't think anyone really deserved the spot but I think his case was at least as good as the other guys they picked in the squad.

I thought this was probably his best season to date as a team player though, sure he has kicked more goals in the past but I thought he played a much more important and team oriented role.

I can't see any factual basis for this improved team role? all he's done is hit the scoreboard less, but without picking up in score involvements or winning more possession up the ground.

isn't that just a roundabout way of saying he had a down year, and was more easily dragged away from goal?
    A mark inside 50 is worth more than a mark on the wing, so if you get the same number of marks away from goal that you used to in front of the sticks, or have less inside 50's, that is not being team oriented or selfless. that's being less effective.
    Last edited by Crow-mo; 23rd September 2015 at 07:50 PM.
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Richmond have (finally) tried to be less Jack conscious. Vickery has been a good target forward along with their other avenues to goal, they have played less of the kick it to Jack every forward entry. Last year he kicked first goal on numerous occasions, he's done it significantly less this year.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you really had to watch him to see it, stats aren't going to show it.

I still don't think he deserved a spot, Deledio even less so