Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: AFL Finals 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    You clearly haven't watched us <snip>
    I haven't watched every game but I have watched a bit. I think your a team that has done what it needed to do to finish top 4, mostly without Buddy over the last few weeks. They fall off in depth/experience with the outs you've had but there are still match winners (when fit) across the field.

If Richmond wee unlucky to lose that game, then Freo were unlucky to lose the NM game. Both were very similar, yet nobody considers that one unlucky for Freo.

All in all, I still think it's more wide open than most give it credit. I haven't included the 5-8 teams but cases can be argued for most of them too.

Should be a great finals series.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heart says Adelaide win. If we let the Dogs jump on top of us early like we did last time, it could get ugly again, but if Sauce, Danger and Sloane get on top early, it could easily go the other way. I'm not expecting a close game. One team to win by 30+ imo.

I have the other games going to the Home team. WCE my tip for the flag. Hawks vs Freo in the Prelim will be an enormous game. I really want a WA grand final this year, if we don't make it (which I can't see happening).
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    I haven't watched every game but I have watched a bit. I think your a team that has done what it needed to do to finish top 4, mostly without Buddy over the last few weeks. They fall off in depth/experience with the outs you've had but there are still match winners (when fit) across the field.
    We've struggled to even do that in the end. On paper we're a great team but we've pretty much only minnow bashed this season, we are terribly coached which is the biggest problem. We don't handle any pressure, we turn it over even without pressure far too much (we miss Malceski more than any player you could have taken out of last years side) and we don't tackle or defend well. I agree with twarbs, for all we look like on paper we don't play anything like it, especially against half competent teams. We are basically Kennedy or bust in the clearances this year and our primary ball winners on the outside are butchers (Mitchell, Hanners and Lloyd). We could upset Freo if the rest doesn't work but we need Freo to lose the game because I don't see us winning it. The forward line is great on paper but doesn't work well in reality because Reid can't kick, Tippett is a liability unless he marks, Franklin is crippled and Goodes keeps falling over playing for frees, meaning that somehow Heeney and Rohan are our most complete forwards right now...

The backline is good when the midfield wins (which it only does against weaker sides this year and that was with our 2nd and 3rd best contested players) but when it gets isolated it really struggles and has really struggled with smaller and quicker guys because we only have Smith who is genuinely good against that type (Rampe is solid but it takes away our 3rd man up and best rebounder to use him like that).

If Richmond wee unlucky to lose that game, then Freo were unlucky to lose the NM game. Both were very similar, yet nobody considers that one unlucky for Freo.
    Fair. Still, North are not a side that Fremantle should be falling over a line against or in a position to lose. Probably the reason no one thinks it's unlucky is because no one thinks it should have been possible, not with so much to play for especially.

All in all, I still think it's more wide open than most give it credit. I haven't included the 5-8 teams but cases can be argued for most of them too.

Should be a great finals series.
    I do agree here, it is certainly not just a Hawthorn procession, that's for sure. Fremantle and Sydney on paper are both genuine contenders and they're both experienced enough to at least deserve the benefit of the doubt that they can turn their form around quickly and suddenly be real contenders. Hawks and Eagles just need to sustain. Richmond need to show up but on paper they're good enough, ditto Adelaide. North I don't like because I think they've got the worst midfield in the finals. Dogs I just think are a bit inexperienced but that's probably been true all year and it hasn't worried them.

Hawks are totally beatable, Eagles are totally beatable, Freo are totally beatable and Sydney are totally beatable and all totally capable of beating any of each other.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Fair. Still, North are not a side that Fremantle should be falling over a line against or in a position to lose. Probably the reason no one thinks it's unlucky is because no one thinks it should have been possible, not with so much to play for especially.
    NM were one tanking game away from equal 5th, if they had a full strength side and beat Richmond (which many suspect will happen this week). All the top sides have lost games they shouldn't have (Eagles a draw), I'm happy that ours didn't cost us top spot.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got tickets to both Melbourne games.

Hoping that I don't go home disappointed.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

6. Likes Kangamagic, Athomas, Devo, Wogitalia, Bunga liked this post
    Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Got tickets to both Melbourne games.

Hoping that I don't go home disappointed.
    Great stuff mate should be a great experience!

I'm waiting for some funds to come through this week, I'm keen to get to the MCG this Sunday !!!

This game actually scares me because it's a 50/50 game, Richmond have had a great season and look on the rise as a team. North have had an up and down season and if we lose it will be a wasted year!

The expectation on the team this year to go deeper after last seasons final series has been focused on all year by media, supporters etc...

West Coast v's Hawks will be a cracker of a game - I'm leaning towards West Coast winning by about 10 points. Every time I watch West Coast play Mark Lecras always kicks goals he has to be stopped by the Hawks - it's a match up which I'll be watching for most of the night. The good thing about both teams are that they have goal kickers and both can score heavy if they are allowed to play their game. If Josh Kennedy doesn't kick a bag you have Nic Nat drifting forward which is a weapon and he is good at ground level for a big man as he has shown all year. Sinclair has had a good year too so the big guys are doing their bit when goals are hard to come by at ground level for the smaller/medium forward types.

Fremantle v's Sydney - Fremantle should win but their are no easy games as we have seen all year. Is Fyfe certain to play ?

Swans still have a few players to come back in to take Jack and Parkers positions and I would have thought both McGlynn and Bird will play key roles during the finals series I would have thought given their experience which will be crucial against the Dockers.

I think the Dockers will win by about 37 points though but it might be closer then what most people think....

Bulldogs v's Crows - I know the Crows got smashed by the Dogs at Etihad earlier in the year but its a different game now, it's finals time! Crows have the ability to score well when needed and I think Tex Walker needs to lead his team strongly given the Dogs supposedly weak backline (though getting Morris back will help them). Dogs midfielders have been good all year with their tackling/ball pressure on most midfield teams and that is where it will be won. Whoever turns up to play will win and I think the Crows will just get over the line by 12 points.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freo by 20 points - can't see Sydney matching it with Freo in the midfield and that will be enough. Sydney have been ordinary for several months and their recent record is propped up by the softness of their draw coming home. I think they are vulnerable to a straight sets exit and I think the blowtorch will be applied in the postseason, certainly internally but perhaps externally as well. The injuries to Parker and Jack will hurt them but that is not an excuse for how they've played in the last few months. They haven't been good enough given the talent at their disposal.

WCE by 12 points - this will be an epic and hopefully a grand final preview. I think Naitanui holds the key to the result. Hawthorn seem to not plan that much for the opposition, they just back themselves to be good enough to beat whoever comes their way and expect their style of play to hold up. However, they will need to plan specifically for Naitanui because he will steamroll whoever they put up against him and give the Eagles first use, which they cannot afford to do. I watched Paddy Ryder take the Hawthorn rucks to the cleaners a couple of weeks ago and it had a big effect on the outcome. Hawthorn need to nullify NN's influence somehow, perhaps by having a third man go up at stoppages pretty much all game, have the mids try to shark his taps. The Eagles' forwards will need to be accurate in front of the sticks and make sure they take their chances.

Adelaide by 24 points - as good as the Dogs have been this year, I still need to see their offensive style stack up in a finals game on a big ground. The quick deck at Etihad is a major factor for them and to have that taken away puts them at a disadvantage. Adelaide's forward line should trouble the Dogs sufficiently to help Adelaide get over the line.

Richmond by 15 points - this is going to be tense and it probably will be a dour low-scoring struggle. Both teams have a lot at stake. Richmond has North covered for top-end talent, so North's midfielders will have to play their socks off, particularly Dal, Cunnington and Ziebell. Jacobs will have to do an almighty job on Cotchin. North will have to do something to curb Deledio's influence, as he cut them apart last week. North need to get on top in midfield and give North's tall forwards quality supply, as that is where North can give Richmond some trouble. I'm fascinated to see what Jarrad Waite does in this game. He was brought into the club for this sort of moment. He can help them win a final or he could go a long way to losing one for them if he no-shows.
    #teamANB

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Richmond by 15 points - this is going to be tense and it probably will be a dour low-scoring struggle. Both teams have a lot at stake. Richmond has North covered for top-end talent, so North's midfielders will have to play their socks off, particularly Dal, Cunnington and Ziebell. Jacobs will have to do an almighty job on Cotchin. North will have to do something to curb Deledio's influence, as he cut them apart last week. North need to get on top in midfield and give North's tall forwards quality supply, as that is where North can give Richmond some trouble. I'm fascinated to see what Jarrad Waite does in this game. He was brought into the club for this sort of moment. He can help them win a final or he could go a long way to losing one for them if he no-shows.
    If last weeks first half was anything to go by where it was a "tight contest" then I would have to say it will be similar again with the pressure and tackling etc.... Jacobs had Martin last week from what I saw but Martin is so strong up forward to give the Tigers another avenue to goal where it can hurt us like it did last week with his 3 goals.
    Midfield battle will be great to watch, so much at stake and the team who can get on top in this area can give there forwards good supply and then to get some scoreboard pressure happening. We lacked that last week with our midfield and our forwards not having the impact which was probably needed.

Waite will be interesting to watch this is why we targeted him during the summer so hopefully he has an impact on the match and can bag a few goals, just hope he doesn't get himself reported because that will be a waste!
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Apparently Franklin is out with some form of illness...

I said it before the season I just had a feeling it was going to be one of those years! Sometimes I hate being right

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Straight sets is looking fairly likely for Sydney this year. With Buddy and Jack out.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like Roughead and JJ will both miss with injury. Murphy and M.Boyd need to get through training this week to be picked.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Sydney can destroy whoever makes it out of the North/Tigers bracket.

But they'll get destroyed in the Prelim against Hawthorn or WCE
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure they destroy Richmond. They're an okay mate up for North though. Well slightly less with no buddy

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twarby View Post
    Not sure they destroy Richmond. They're an okay mate up for North though. Well slightly less with no buddy
    They probably wouldn't destroy Richmond. But I still think there is a class gap between them and 5th-8th. Even if injuries are closing that gap
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    They probably wouldn't destroy Richmond. But I still think there is a class gap between them and 5th-8th. Even if injuries are closing that gap
    I wish I had any faith in this. I think Sydney's only chance is if Fremantle's rest doesn't work and they come out flat and we can get a jump on them. Otherwise I won't be tipping us against anyone but maybe North that made the 8.

The injuries actually don't matter to me, it's the way we are playing. Unless we've pulled off a 15 week session of the ultimate game of foxing and are going to suddenly be a different team than we've been for the past 4 months, then we aren't threatening anyone. We're soft, slow and unskilled and we can't handle any pressure. Basically the 4 things that get exposed instantly in finals. The injuries are the kicker in that Jack and Franklin are two of our only guys who actually work both ways.