Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AFL Finals 2015

Figured it would be good to have a general finals thread up for discussion - might opt for individual match day threads once we have a fixture, see how we go.

The top 8 almost all decided with it really being the final position in the 8 that's still up for grabs (mathematically, one of Richmond/Dogs/North could still miss but it would require a mass swing in % by Geelong and them).

Would expect the top 4 to remain how it is pretty much given Hawthorn/Sydney's next two games.

5-7th is only separated by %.

If Adelaide get a win in the next two weeks/Geelong drops a game then it's pretty much set which teams will be in the 8.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: AFL Finals 2015

Yeah it's set apart from 8th spot.

If Adelaide wins a match Geelong don't make it, if we win one then they don't.

It is simple and the AFL couldn't have fixtured that any better from that stand point.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Figured it would be good to have a general finals thread up for discussion - might opt for individual match day threads once we have a fixture, see how we go.

The top 8 almost all decided with it really being the final position in the 8 that's still up for grabs (mathematically, one of Richmond/Dogs/North could still miss but it would require a mass swing in % by Geelong and them).

Would expect the top 4 to remain how it is pretty much given Hawthorn/Sydney's next two games.

5-7th is only separated by %.

If Adelaide get a win in the next two weeks/Geelong drops a game then it's pretty much set which teams will be in the 8.
    Wish I felt the same.

Adelaide vs WCE is a massive game on the weekend. Crows actually still a real chance of a home final if they can win out.

Top 4 should only be a matter of which WA team wins at this point unless Eagles manage to lose both games. Hawks and Sydney should finish 3rd and 4th, in that order, as neither should lose and no way Sydney can close the % gap.

Be interesting to see how those play out, I'd imagine both Sydney and Hawks would feel good against either team. Fremantle are limping in right now and West Coast are not finals proven, both could easily lose!

Bottom 4 is interesting, this is one of the few years where it feels like the bottom 4 could at least push the top 4 sides come round two. Sydney and Freo are playing awful and uninspired respectively, both very beatable and Richmond, Dogs, North and Crows have all played some very good football.

Still feels like it's Hawthorn's to lose though to me and I still actually like Fremantle to join them (they've been resting everyone the past month or so, both forced and unforced) but anything could happen. Eagles/Richmond are actually capable of straight setting the Hawks, imo, if it fell that way.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

One of the only times I will be going for West Coast.
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you don't have to play Adelaide in the Finals? Or because you hate us more than WCE?

Oh wait... You're Geelong, not Richmond. Nvm.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#anyonebuthawthorn

In all seriousness though it is shaping up to be a pretty intriguing & potentially entertaining finals series on a lot of levels. Actually keen!
    The eBert era is over

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Very interesting matchups...

Freo vs Sydney is basically the battle for worst form in the 8, the two sides probably couldn't be going in much worse, Sydney are playing woeful football and have lost two vital midfielders, Fremantle don't look capable of scoring and aren't playing much better.

Hawks vs WCE is like the polar opposite, both sides are flying into the game and look like the two sides to beat regardless of the result. Will be interesting to see how the Eagles handle finals football and how well their brand translates, they get the ultimate test.

Adelaide and Dogs managed to not tank but both played awfully as well, unless something massive changes they just look like pure cannon fodder for the loser of WCE/Hawks game.

Tigers and North have not shown that much either, Richmond have basically been great against the top 4 and pretty bloody horrible against everyone else, they might have actually dished up the poorest effort on the weekend given they were playing a team actively trying to lose to them. The positive for both sides is they are on the side of the draw that gets to face most likely Sydney who realistically they should go in at evens against at worst on and probably should be favourites even.

One of those very interesting finals series where really only two teams are taking any form in and they face each other and could easily rip form off the other. Richmond have the wins on the board that make them the most dangerous side outside the top 4 (and based on Freo and Sydney's form, perhaps even including them). Adelaide on paper can compete, Dogs, who knows and North look the weakest side to me but we will see.

Still, my call would be that we're getting a grand final preview in WCE and Hawthorn, no sane person could tip either Sydney or Fremantle to even compete with either of them on exposed form, Sydney, imo, are likely straight setters, if we don't beat Freo I'd think we go home the next week against most likely Richmond. Things can change quickly in the finals though (optimist mode engaged!) so who knows.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crows/Dogs the one game I can't decide on, would have been so much better if it was at Etihad, both teams play the ground so much better than they will the G.

I think Crows would provide a better week 2 game so I'll cheer them on.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon the Dogs will suffer from that game in Brisbane
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I can't help but feel like the Dogs play a great regular season brand of football but not sure how well it will translate, I think the Crows really should bully them off the field, whether they do is another question, they should have beaten Geelong comfortably with everything to play for and they didn't even come close, just such an unpredictable side.

Otherwise I'm tipping Hawks (just and wouldn't surprise me at all if Eagles win it), Dockers (just but in a Swans are playing worse and more likely to lose than either side is actually going to win kind of way and this will be the worst top 4 battle in a while given form) and Tigers (should win easily, imo).

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you can make a case for all teams this week, which is exciting.

I really think Freo will make the GF (and lose to whoever wins this week out of Hawks/WCE.)
    I think the resting was brilliant and will certainly help them beat the weakest side in the top 4 this week. Probably by 5-15 points only though. Then they get the loser of WCE/Hawks, after they've had to play two finals matches in a row, both with some injuries from Round 23 (Masten / Smith) and possibly more in the next two weeks. I think Freo will scrape over the line against this team as well... then probably get comfortably beaten in the Grand Final.

As for the other matches, Dogs/Crows is a real crapshoot but I think Dogs can get over the line (probably cheering them just for their brand of footy though.)
    Unfortunately for Richmond, I think North Melbourne will win, just come into the match fresher and have good form over the Tigers.

Freo by 15
    WCE by 5
    Dogs by 7
    North by 7
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Athomas tipping WCE premiers then

Love your work mate, now put the famous voodoo on the other 7 teams left
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

14. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tipping North too, can't go past Hawks though, Freo by 15 and I'll tip Dogs by 1.

Swans out in straight sets if Richmond beat North.

16. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Going to be interesting to see if either Fremantle or Sydney can find any form. 15 probably seems fair because of how badly they're both playing but in isolation if Sydney can get within 30 of a top 4 side on current form it's basically saying that top 4 team is going pretty bloody awful themselves! It can't be understated how badly Sydney are playing over the past 2 months.

Probably fair though because Fremantle aren't far ahead of them, they look impotent going forward which still gives them defense over the Swans at least who just look impotent at all 3 levels. I'm not looking forward to this weekend, if Fremantle show up and the rest worked they'll beat us by 60+. The only positive I have is that if the rest doesn't work we might be able to jump them and perhaps cling to it or if Fremantle can't find any form themselves they might kick poorly and we might kick well. Given that I'm basically can't see us winning the game, that's not a great sign, we basically need Fremantle to lose the game and not **** up accepting that... and Fremantle aren't even any good right now!