WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Match Review Panel (MRP)

This week's MRO findings.

Tom Bellchambers, Oscar McDonald - each $2000 sanction.
    James Frawley can accept $1500 sanction, misconduct against ASexton.
    Darcy Gardiner can accept $1000 sanction, careless contact umpire TPannell.
    Lachie Whitfield can accept $2000 sanction, striking DZorko.
    Shaun Higgins can accept $2000 sanction, misconduct against J Dunkley.
    Ben Cunnington can accept $1000 sanction, careless contact umpire JMollison.
    Ed Curnow can accept $1500 sanction, misconduct against SPendlebury.
    Sam Rowe can accept $1500 sanction, instigator of a melee.
    Taylor Adams can accept $1500 sanction, second offence for involvement in a melee.
    Patrick Cripps, Brayden Maynard can each accept $1000 sanction, first offence involvement in a melee.
    Brayden Maynard can accept $2000 sanction, striking SPetrevski-Seton

Dale Thomas can accept 1 game, rough conduct on LGreenwood.

Jeremy Cameron referred directly to Tribunal, striking HAndrews. No early plea available.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just on Cameron's charge, it has been classified as intentional conduct, high contact and severe impact, which is the highest classification it can be given. (Intentional + High impact and Careless + Severe impact are also combinations that go direct to tribunal)

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reports coming out about Andrews isn't going to help him.
    Can see quite a big suspension coming here, pretty sure its not the first time Cameron has done these "clumsy" hits on players.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cameron pleading not guilty is an interesting one. Arguing it was careless.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Cameron pleading not guilty is an interesting one. Arguing it was careless.
    I can buy that, I watched it several times and at no point did I think it was "that bad", just seems the media need some kind of horse to flog occasionally and after a month of "the game is awful" they've gone with "Cameron's dog act" for a weekly refresher before jumping back onto their dead horse.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

8. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

5 weeks for Cameron.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I can buy that, I watched it several times and at no point did I think it was "that bad", just seems the media need some kind of horse to flog occasionally and after a month of "the game is awful" they've gone with "Cameron's dog act" for a weekly refresher before jumping back onto their dead horse.
    He leads with the elbow and this is a guy who does this kind of crap on a regular basis. I think it was pretty tone deaf to try and argue that it wasn't intentional. Given that it being an accident goes against pretty much everything we've seen of him in these kinds of scenarios before. I'm glad it got dumped on by the tribunal.

The media themselves though, went full circle on it. Initial sentiment from them was the age old bullshit of "he's not that kind of player" and how they didn't think it was intentional. Which flipped on a dime the moment the full extent of the injury came out. Which showcases how terrible the media is in this sport.

I think he was pretty lucky to only get 5 weeks tbh, it was an intentional hit from a pretty cowardly player when all is said and done.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

11. Likes Hodges, rossi, Bunga, hedgehog, Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sledge nailed it (including the dumbshit media aspect)!
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just a random thought but should a suspension only begin once a player has returned from the injury they received from the incident? Or maybe a cap of a maximum of a month served followed by the suspension kind of thing?

One that sticks out for me was when Wellingham broke Simpson's jaw from his dog bump. For memory he got 5 weeks for that but Simpson missed a month of football from the broken jaw. In the above that means he misses 9 weeks which might also be harsh, I just think its shit when a player does a dog act and only misses a couple more weeks then the guy they took out.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally think that any suspensions should include a game against the team you did it to. So, Cameron would miss the next game that GWS plays against Brisbane, plus 4 more games. A 1 week suspension would just be served the next time they play Brisbane.
    The penalty is felt by the team you played. The benefit of the suspension is felt by the next few teams who just happen to be playing that team next.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

15. Likes Hodges liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Just a random thought but should a suspension only begin once a player has returned from the injury they received from the incident? Or maybe a cap of a maximum of a month served followed by the suspension kind of thing?

One that sticks out for me was when Wellingham broke Simpson's jaw from his dog bump. For memory he got 5 weeks for that but Simpson missed a month of football from the broken jaw. In the above that means he misses 9 weeks which might also be harsh, I just think its shit when a player does a dog act and only misses a couple more weeks then the guy they took out.
    This is the kind of horrible "retribution" belief system that makes the whole outcome instead of actions part of the tribunal awful.

The tribunal/MRP should only exist to remove unwanted acts from the game, not to exact revenge for when a player is hurt.

Taking this, frankly ridiculous, idea to an extreme, say Justin Clarke had copped his career ending concussion in a tackle like the NicNat one, would you seriously say that NicNat's action should have ended his career? At worst it was a strong tackle that was maybe in the back but under this system NicNat would never play again.

The tribunal still primarily punishes the fans, imo it's an entirely stupid concept that largely punishes minor infractions with excessive punishment. I'd much rather see heavy fines that impact the player and not the fans.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    This is the kind of horrible "retribution" belief system that makes the whole outcome instead of actions part of the tribunal awful.

The tribunal/MRP should only exist to remove unwanted acts from the game, not to exact revenge for when a player is hurt.

Taking this, frankly ridiculous, idea to an extreme, say Justin Clarke had copped his career ending concussion in a tackle like the NicNat one, would you seriously say that NicNat's action should have ended his career? At worst it was a strong tackle that was maybe in the back but under this system NicNat would never play again.

The tribunal still primarily punishes the fans, imo it's an entirely stupid concept that largely punishes minor infractions with excessive punishment. I'd much rather see heavy fines that impact the player and not the fans.
    Which is exactly why I said this -
    Or maybe a cap of a maximum of a month served
    Not really calling for it, was just an idea but as I said in the above, I think it's bullshit that a player can do a dog hit like Wellingham's was and pretty much miss the same time as the player they took out - again, would only really consider this kind of punishment for dog acts like that one was (or think Barry Hall, Brett Staker where Hall ended up recovering from a broken wrist or something along those lines when he was suspended), not your normal, slightly too rough bumps/hits etc. Whether Cameron's is on a similar level to Wellinham's one, that's debatable.

I suppose the red card system a slightly less harsh system which I'm probably against if the call is made in the heat of the moment and non reversible. But if it was issued by the old field umpire, the player sent off but then under review from someone else with the ability for the red card to be overturned, I wouldn't be against that either.

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do people think of the Nyhuis tackle?

Arms weren't pinned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your clutch at straws is almost as good as the grip on Robbie's left arm.

Goneski
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

20. Likes Crow-mo liked this post