Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

daniel wells

interested in ppls thoughts on daniel wells he seems to me to be underpriced and could offer good value

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: daniel wells

Whilst he's underpriced by about 25 odd points and provides some good value, I'm not sure he'll get to the premium level either which puts him in an awkward selecting position.

Could be a good stepping stone depending on how his pre season is going (which I haven't heard either way) but probably a player I'd avoid due to do age/injury history/not really being a premium in his position at his peak.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Agree with dyl. I think he's definitely under-priced, but the question is whether he has the capacity to become a keeper. So he's a pretty good pick in my view, but there may be better options.

FFC Benchwarmer
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your reply dylan i think he would also give me a headache having him in my team a frustrating player at the best of times . i wouldnt be surprised to see him in a few teams though

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah don't get me wrong, he'll rise in price early and probably put up some scores that will see you kicking yourself. But once the season is done, I'd be surprised if he averaged much more than 95 SC which I think would fall short of what you're after as a premium.

So I guess it comes down to whether you're happy picking him for his price, taking the rise in $$$ he'll make and then finding the right time to upgrade him. I guess this is also dependent on how you view the other midfield options.

FFC Assistant Coach TIGERLICIOUS's Avatar
    Team
    RICHMOND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered Wells a lot myself and may still roll the dice on him depending on the structure I end up going with. The problem I see this year is the risk that most will be taking on a few players returning from injury, that makes it much harder to justify selecting a 30+ year old player who has had continual injury setbacks throughout his career. Classic risk vs. reward scenario. How much risk do you take? He's definitely hugely underpriced.