ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Re: Random AFL Thoughts/Statements

Then they'll cap rotations at 80, coaches will flood and the mob will lynch KB
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

3. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Just scrap the sub now, go Roos!!!
    Do you really think the afl will implement such a change during the season mate?
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Do you really think the afl will implement such a change during the season mate?
    Hey... they were stupid enough to bring it in in the first place against every sane person's recommendation so they're unpredictable enough to just yank it. It genuinely serves no purpose, with the interchange cap it actually punishes the teams that have to use it early (they can't rotate freely to try and cover for being a man down) and it just stunts player growth.

Do I think they will... absolutely not but it can't hurt to have basically every coach coming out against the moronic rule.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey... they were stupid enough to bring it in in the first place against every sane person's recommendation so they're unpredictable enough to just yank it. It genuinely serves no purpose, with the interchange cap it actually punishes the teams that have to use it early (they can't rotate freely to try and cover for being a man down) and it just stunts player growth.

Do I think they will... absolutely not but it can't hurt to have basically every coach coming out against the moronic rule.
    Maybe i'm recalling a bit wrongly, but wasn't it several coaches who were pushing to get it in? Because early injuries were too costly to the unlucky team.

I get that with interchange cap rules coming in the landscape has changed there a bit so maybe now it could be removed with less effect, but i don't think the AFL just brought it in without anyone asking for it...
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Maybe i'm recalling a bit wrongly, but wasn't it several coaches who were pushing to get it in? Because early injuries were too costly to the unlucky team.

I get that with interchange cap rules coming in the landscape has changed there a bit so maybe now it could be removed with less effect, but i don't think the AFL just brought it in without anyone asking for it...
    I don't recall any of the coaches ever having supported it. From my memory it was an AFL idea to try and slow the game down and reduce rotations and their way of selling it to the public was that it would "advantage teams with an early injury". It didn't work at all in slowing the game down because teams just started rotating even more through the 3 spots (as everyone told them that they would) and it didn't even help with early injuries because all it did was give the other team a free fresh player to bring on later, the teams both still got the same rotations anyway. Since then they've brought in the interchange cap which means the early injury side can't even just rotate harder to keep players fresh and then they get hit with a fully fresh sub in the 4th.

It's been a terrible system brought in by the AFL on completely false information as an attempt to try and reverse a bunch of stupid rule changes that they made in the first place but didn't want to admit to being wrong about and just remove or fix so they just kept sticking new rule changes in and praying something would miraculously change. The sub is just the very worst of that path of thinking.

It's a textbook example of the kind of moronic narrow minded rules you get when you pay a group of idiots on the basis of coming up with rule changes. Basically their jobs are to tinker with rules or they don't have a job.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

8. Likes Bert1, Wheedus, Narkee liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

It's Kevin Bartlett's bullshit ****ing campaign to try and get the game back to the unprofessional old days.

It'll drop to 80 because the game is run by morons who do things to justify their own existence and exorbitant salaries, then coaches will flood, then we'll get some new bullshit rule to "fix" the entirely manufactured problem like the TAC Cup rubbish with 2 forwards in the 50 at all times and the game will just keep descending into farce.

The game this year is as good as it's been since we abandoned the archaic 6-6-6 structure. Teams are topping out at 115 or so rotations, so dropping the sub in place of 4 on the bench won't do any damage at all, and we can get on with life. Heh, fat chance.

10. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Robbo's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't recall any of the coaches ever having supported it. From my memory it was an AFL idea to try and slow the game down and reduce rotations and their way of selling it to the public was that it would "advantage teams with an early injury". It didn't work at all in slowing the game down because teams just started rotating even more through the 3 spots (as everyone told them that they would) and it didn't even help with early injuries because all it did was give the other team a free fresh player to bring on later, the teams both still got the same rotations anyway. Since then they've brought in the interchange cap which means the early injury side can't even just rotate harder to keep players fresh and then they get hit with a fully fresh sub in the 4th.

It's been a terrible system brought in by the AFL on completely false information as an attempt to try and reverse a bunch of stupid rule changes that they made in the first place but didn't want to admit to being wrong about and just remove or fix so they just kept sticking new rule changes in and praying something would miraculously change. The sub is just the very worst of that path of thinking.

It's a textbook example of the kind of moronic narrow minded rules you get when you pay a group of idiots on the basis of coming up with rule changes. Basically their jobs are to tinker with rules or they don't have a job.
    From memory it was Mick Malthouse who supported it i think, not that it means it was a good idea of course lol.

For what it's worth i would like to see the sub rule go, i don't think it is currently a positive impact on the game and interchange caps only further make it's intention diminished
    First Passenger on-board the Stefan Martin Train!

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone with a passing interest in the workings of a player manager, Lachie Neale's manager is doing a Q&A on BF Freo. It's fascinating reading, and I think Tim is being quite candid.
    http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thread...nager.1094547/

13. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally hate how the game has flooding already. I say clubs should just keep players back so they can just catch clubs out and get some goals.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

If it worked, they'd do it.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rising Star award happening today. Everyone has it down to Hogan vs Cripps and the good news is that if both are top two with each of the nine voters, then we can't have a tie.

17. Likes Athomas liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Bonnie Doon Thirds's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys, long time no visit! With all the current trade talk it got me thinking about you guys so I thought I would pop in and say hi. Good to see the site is still going well.
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Going early on Aaron Francis - My boy for 2017.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Doon Thirds View Post
    Hey Guys, long time no visit! With all the current trade talk it got me thinking about you guys so I thought I would pop in and say hi. Good to see the site is still going well.
    Look who the cat dragged in!

Good to hear from you mate, hope all is well
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

20. Likes Bonnie Doon Thirds liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP