WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Semi Final Teams

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    Reckon Blitz will surprise. His running ability should really come to the fore as a lone ruckman.
    Fair to say Goldy smashed him with 54 hitouts to 22, 15 possies to 9, 1 goal each & a handy 172SC lol.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Fair to say Goldy smashed him with 54 hitouts to 22, 15 possies to 9, 1 goal each & a handy 172SC lol.
    Genuinely could be a starting option next year. Priced at 106.86, averaged 113 in 2013. Averaged 113.3 with Brown in the team (including yesterday) and 129.3 since round 12.

Rucks could be interesting next year with the likes of Bellchambers, Maric and Leuey throwing up interesting options against the genuine premiums like Goldy and Jacobs.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Goldy underperformed early so it will come down to any pre-season bargains and NN for me

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

No chance I'm paying full price (or near enough to) for a ruck next year. Should be able to pick 2 of NN, Bellchambers, Berger and Kreuzer, particularly in SC

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#AFLFinals - A. Silvagni out. Replaced by M. de Boer. Subs: de Boer (Freo) and Moore (PAFC

Freo going in with 1 tall defender.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    478 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

Could see two teams go out in straight sets this finals series.
    hoff.

FFC General Manager KickItToButch's Avatar
    Team
    PORT ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, ANZ claimed another victim this week.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Will Ross Lyon win a flag with Freo based on the game plan?

Port were amazing Saturday night to come back like that after half time!
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

FFC Football Operations Manager Nothing's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    Will Ross Lyon win a flag with Freo based on the game plan?

Port were amazing Saturday night to come back like that after half time!
    What game plan? The one where they kicked 11 points in the first half?

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    What game plan? The one where they kicked 11 points in the first half?
    What about the second half?

I am just curious because he has got the Saints so far and now Freo in these positions. I guess as he said in his presser its all about the players improving and the list seems headed in that way. Freo were awesome in that first half but faded a lot in that second half which is concerning - I expected Freo to win at home.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Freo's inability to finish in front of goals killed them against Port, much like it did any chance they had against Hawthorn last year in the grand final.

I think Ross' game plan is very strong (don't enjoy watching it though), it just comes down to players doing what they're supposed to in the end, no coach can do anything about that.

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lyon's gameplan is fine.

But the issue is when you are so heavily defensive it means you are often left protecting smaller leads. Which means that it can quickly be turned around if the other team gets a run on.

It's kind of the same thing Neil Craig had in our 'crowbot' era. We'd dominate huge passages of play and not make it count then a team would seize momentum and make up that margin very quickly.

This issue was exacerbated by the inaccuracy in front of goal and the fact that they had a decent amount of injuries to key players before the game.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see how other teams would go if they were missing the players Freo had out from their backline, not too mention their most important forward, cluster injuries are very hard to overcome and its a credit to Lyons system that they could play so well in the first half, poor kicking cost them on Saturday, he burnt through a lot more rotations compared to Port in that first half and it was his players who weren't able to capitalize on the dominance, nothing to do with the gameplan.

he has been an underdog in every grand final hes been in, has come up against some super teams who have just had far better teams his sides, yet with a little bit of luck he could have won 2009, 2010 & 2013, if you compare the bottom 5-6 players hes had in his grand final teams to his opponents teams there is a huge drop in class.

When the attack isn't efficient though it does give the other team a sniff, hes now lost 8 games from 44 when up by 4 goals at HT, that is a very poor ratio compared to other elite coaches, but this 4 goal lead on Saturday really should have been 7-8.

In saying all that, I don't think the Freo list is capable of winning a flag now (didn't this year either), but Lyon will continue to make them overachieve for the next couple seasons.

I was very surprised at how dominant they were in the first half
    Last edited by twarby; 15th September 2014 at 01:46 PM.

14. Likes Big Sledge #32, Nothing liked this post
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also in the camp that the game plan is fine. He wasn't that far from being a two time premiership coach if the ball had just bounced a bit differently.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Game plan is absolutely fine. Gives them a chance in every game and especially in finals.

Said it before the Swans vs Fremantle game that the Dockers this year remind an awful lot of Sydney last year, they've limped home with injuries to structurally important guys and a bunch of guys playing hurt and they just couldn't overcome that against two sides that are basically at full strength (Sydney missing AJ from our best 22, Port at 100%) and even then they were very competitive in both games and probably should have beaten Port regardless.

I expect Fremantle to top up with a player or two in the offseason and be as strong as ever next year. Realistically Pavlich has already gone over the hill and a good halfway down, he isn't getting much worse at this point as he has already lost all his speed, his skills and hands aren't going anywhere though, Sandi just had his best season in years and I think McPharlin is done but after that, they're a pretty much a team in its prime or entering its prime.

You get Walters fit, Ballantyne in the team, Johnson in the team/fit, Ibbottson fit, Barlow fit and then get anything out of Sylvia and add say a Waite and they are still among the very best lists still without a doubt. Not to mention it's not unreasonable to expect the likes of Neale, Fyfe, Crozier, Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Hill, Clark, Taberner and the likes to improve again. I'd almost expect that Mayne goes in for a couple of offseason surgeries, he looked banged up all season and get him back to anything close to 2013 and they are instantly more dangerous.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

17. Likes Cat for life liked this post