ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: 2014 AFL Draft/Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    GWS get Ryder for assorted steak knives. Fair play to them.
    O'Rourke was a #2 pick and Jaksch seems to have a few clubs interested in him. Giles will have a bit of interest, not sure where Frost is at.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Big overs for Danger imo. Also the trades overrate Adams.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also hawks getting screwed on Sinclair who probably wouldn't get a game with Hale, McEvoy and Ceglar there.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    O'Rourke was a #2 pick and Jaksch seems to have a few clubs interested in him. Giles will have a bit of interest, not sure where Frost is at.
    So package those bits of slight-moderate value up and get a top 3 ruck in the comp and a pick!
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trade Week Radio would have to run an extra week just to break it all down
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Jaksch would/will get a first rounder for GWS, O'Rourke in all likelihood would too. Even without the other two players that's 2 first rounders, which would secure Ryder.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Can't see the Sydney move. Believe we aren't allowed to trade our first as it will 99.99% be committed to Heeney but even if we could, it would make no sense to give up a Mitchell or Reid type asset so that we could move that pick higher for Heeney.

I can see Mitchell for 6 happening, Carlton are in his ear and want him but not sure whether we'd want to do it (might depend on what Goodes and probably Shaw do with regards to next season for starters).

Can't see us trading Reid, has been much better this year playing the 2nd ruck role and I personally still see him as our obvious replacement for Richards/Grundy in a couple of years time.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Gooner View Post
    So package those bits of slight-moderate value up and get a top 3 ruck in the comp and a pick!
    Is Ryder a top 3 ruck though?

This season I assumed Sandilands, Jacobs and Goldstein would have been the top ruckman.

That being said, I don't believe there's any clear stand out for the best ruckman in the competition with the likes of Jacobs, Sandilands, Goldstein, Naitanui, Minson, Ryder, Maric, Mumford all having the possibility to be the best of the comp depending on their form (I'm sure there are a couple of others I've missed).

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Ryder is consistently in the discussion, I'd argue his best is behind a few of those guys, I don't think he's ever had a season as good as Jacob's two best, Goldy's last couple, Sandi's best, NicNat's best or Mumford at his best but at the same time, Ryder is pretty consistently the 3rd, 4th or 5th best ruckman each year so it's not an unjust comment.

Ruckman are a real crapshoot though, they really do seem to randomly come good and fall off with no real good reasons.

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

I had a bit of a theory that given any players worth can be replicated by either a draft pick or an upgrade in picks, a perfectly equitable trade could be made between all 18 teams. I started with all the rumoured players who want out and where they're thought to go, and pushed picks around until it sort of became equitable.

By chaining small 2-3 picks downgrades, you can essentially create a draft pick of the appropriate worth for a player.

For instance, if Jaksch is worth #15 and WB only have #5 and #25, one team loses #60, another team gains #60 and loses #56, another gains #56 and loses #54 etc. until Geelong gains #17 and loses #15, which is sent to GWS. Geelong then pay less for their player Newton, but Port are still able to get what he's worth because they aren't trading him directly with Geelong etc.

Freo, North and Adelaide come away nicely whilst Brisbane and the bulldogs are a bit stiff (forgot to add Blease -> Dogs), it didn't really take any proper strategies into account like Wogi mentioned but wanted to see if it could be done! Theoretically, the sum of what all the clubs lose has to be the same as the sum of what all the clubs gain, so there must be a possible trade scenario where everyone gets a fair deal.
    Anyone
    Anywhere
    Anytime

11. Likes Wogitalia, pvcyclone liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I had a bit of a theory that given any players worth can be replicated by either a draft pick or an upgrade in picks, a perfectly equitable trade could be made between all 18 teams. I started with all the rumoured players who want out and where they're thought to go, and pushed picks around until it sort of became equitable.

By chaining small 2-3 picks downgrades, you can essentially create a draft pick of the appropriate worth for a player.

For instance, if Jaksch is worth #15 and WB only have #5 and #25, one team loses #60, another team gains #60 and loses #56, another gains #56 and loses #54 etc. until Geelong gains #17 and loses #15, which is sent to GWS. Geelong then pay less for their player Newton, but Port are still able to get what he's worth because they aren't trading him directly with Geelong etc.

Freo, North and Adelaide come away nicely whilst Brisbane and the bulldogs are a bit stiff (forgot to add Blease -> Dogs), it didn't really take any proper strategies into account like Wogi mentioned but wanted to see if it could be done! Theoretically, the sum of what all the clubs lose has to be the same as the sum of what all the clubs gain, so there must be a possible trade scenario where everyone gets a fair deal.
    tl;dr Hedgey was really bored this morning

Nice work mate!

13. Likes hedgehog liked this post
    Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    alright lets go

ADEL IN: Pick 1, Pick 4, Pick 7, Pick 38
    ADEL OUT: Dangerfield, Pick 9
    BRIS IN: D. Beams, Pick 19, Pick 53
    BRIS OUT: Crisp, Leuenberger, Pick 4, Pick 24, Pick 60
    CARL IN: T.Mitchell, Butcher, Pick 22, Pick 49
    CARL OUT: Pick 6
    COLL IN: Clark, Frawley Compensation, Pick 24, Pick 42
    COLL OUT: D. Beams, Lumumba, Pick 28
    ESS IN: Leuenberger, Crisp, Pick 17, Pick 28
    ESS OUT: Ryder, Pick 19, Pick 49
    FREM IN: Pick 11, Pick 27
    FREM OUT: Suban, Pick 13, Pick 53
    GEEL IN: Newton, Pick 48
    GEEL OUT: Pick 35
    GC IN: Pick 5, Pick 21
    GC OUT: Gorringe, Pick 7, Pick 27, Pick 63
    GWS IN: Ryder, Pick 31
    GWS OUT: Jaksch, Giles, Frost, O’Rourke
    HAW IN: Sinclair, Pick 60, Pick 25
    HAW OUT: Pick 36, Pick 17
    NM IN: Lumumba, Pick 35
    NM OUT: L. Adams
    MELB IN: Dangerfield, Reid, Pick 47
    MELB OUT: Clark, Blease, Pick 2, Frawley Compensation, Pick 22, Pick 39
    PORT IN: Gorringe, Pick 39
    PORT OUT: Butcher, Newton, Pick 33
    RICH IN: Frost, Giles, Pick 9, Pick 63
    RICH OUT: Pick 11, Pick 31, Pick 48
    STK IN: Suban, O’Rourke, Pick 2, Pick 33
    STK OUT: Pick 1, Pick 21, Pick 38
    SYD IN: Pick 6, Pick 13
    SYD OUT: T.Mitchell, Reid, Pick 18, Pick 37
    WCE IN: Pick 37
    WCE OUT: Sinclair, Pick 47
    WB IN: Jaksch, L. Adams, Pick 18, Pick 35, Pick 36
    WB OUT: Pick 5, Pick 25, Pick 42
    Very very good @hedgehog looks reasonably fair all around. May have missed it but can't spot where Frawley himself actually ends up in this? Also probably a bit overs for Danger I think aswell but certainly not too outlandish. Great work.
    The eBert era is over

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    Very very good @hedgehog looks reasonably fair all around. May have missed it but can't spot where Frawley himself actually ends up in this? Also probably a bit overs for Danger I think aswell but certainly not too outlandish. Great work.
    Frawley he ends up at the Pies.

Their are a few players I would think the Roos should offload and try to get some picks at least. Adams I don't mind if we lose him though has been injury prone abit over the past two years still and handy player if he can get fit but clubs might avoid him.

@hedgehog @divvydan do you think Higgins will stay at the Dogs? He could be handy for North given we need abit of speed and more outside run which will be handy for us as a team. I know he has been injury prone at times but is he worth the risk for us to offer him more then what the Bulldogs are going to offer?

Lumumba will be handy for us, depends what Firrito will do for us but I like Harry as a player and he can be very attacking and give us abit more depth in the backline. Some footy writers are saying we should offload Harper but I don't think we should, he will be handy once he gets himself fit. Liam Anthony needs to go and maybe another team will pick him up if a trade can not be done. We need to be aggressive and add to our list I feel for us to be a serious threat.
    Robbie Tarrant I think has had enough time, maybe Collingwood will want him if they can't get Mitch Clarke? Though we do need to add a player to our forward line to give it some guts and depth and I think a senior player is the way to go there.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    Frawley he ends up at the Pies.

Their are a few players I would think the Roos should offload and try to get some picks at least. Adams I don't mind if we lose him though has been injury prone abit over the past two years still and handy player if he can get fit but clubs might avoid him.

@hedgehog @divvydan do you think Higgins will stay at the Dogs? He could be handy for North given we need abit of speed and more outside run which will be handy for us as a team. I know he has been injury prone at times but is he worth the risk for us to offer him more then what the Bulldogs are going to offer?

Lumumba will be handy for us, depends what Firrito will do for us but I like Harry as a player and he can be very attacking and give us abit more depth in the backline. Some footy writers are saying we should offload Harper but I don't think we should, he will be handy once he gets himself fit. Liam Anthony needs to go and maybe another team will pick him up if a trade can not be done. We need to be aggressive and add to our list I feel for us to be a serious threat.
    Robbie Tarrant I think has had enough time, maybe Collingwood will want him if they can't get Mitch Clarke? Though we do need to add a player to our forward line to give it some guts and depth and I think a senior player is the way to go there.
    I think Higgins is very unlikely to stay at the Dogs. Have heard the club hasn't increased their offer above 2 years and Higgins is wanting at least 3 years.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I think Higgins is very unlikely to stay at the Dogs. Have heard the club hasn't increased their offer above 2 years and Higgins is wanting at least 3 years.
    I think North is offering 4 years but I am worried that is to much given his injury history and we might not get the return out of him with some good footy.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................