ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Teams Round 9

@EssendonFC: FINAL TEAM: No late changes tonight. Jake Carlisle will start in the green vest. #AFLDonsSwans

So stupid.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Carlisle sub .... Wtf? Strange decision.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Football Operations Manager ZergMinion's Avatar
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if they lose a midfielder early.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But they've got a secret weapon in green waiting to come on should Tippett or Franklin kill them for 2-3 quarters!! Or one that can go forward and... yeah, not much.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

You'd think Hibberd takes Goodes so if we lose a mid, Carlisle goes into defence, Hibberd gets freed up, Heppell gets freed up and balance is restored. Still baffling.
    Never bet against Tom Rockliff

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Bomber's reluctance to play Carlisle in defense is outright puzzling to me. Especially given how good he was and how badly Hurley gets beaten by the half decent forwards. Carlisle was actually alright after he came on last night but it's still so puzzling.

It just feels like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul 50 cents on the dollar...
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

8. Likes Big Sledge #32, banta liked this post
    FFC Senior Assistant Coach Blues_FC's Avatar
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea why he's not playing Carlisle back and Hurley forward.

Maybe Carlisle was too traumatised to play back after Skywalker's hanger over him a few years ago?
    [Sam Gray - my boy for 2016]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydney were last night a better team than Essendon and are overall. Apart from the first 15 minutes where Essendon were asleep and Sydney were switched on, the game play over the ground were felt reasonably even. The team's forward structures were the difference.
    Wogi is right above, Buddy was too strong and too quick for Hurley. Hurley trailed him by 5m to the ball on every lead, he only closed in for a spoil if the kick to buddy was a bit off giving hurley time to close. Carlisle should have been on buddy, and this week would have been perfect to try the old hurley-carlisle switch. Hurley isn't a great forward but leads up to the ball better than carlisle, who is more of a kick it long on top of my head forward. The coaching is letting essendon down at the moment. Nothing on bomber thompson, I think he's great, but I question whether his heart is in it when he knows he won't be in this job next year.

Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#AFLTigersDees - No changes. Subs: Ben Lennon (@Richmond_FC) and Jay Kennedy-Harris (@melbournefc)
    Ouch for JKH owners.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by banta View Post
    Sydney were last night a better team than Essendon and are overall. Apart from the first 15 minutes where Essendon were asleep and Sydney were switched on, the game play over the ground were felt reasonably even. The team's forward structures were the difference.
    Wogi is right above, Buddy was too strong and too quick for Hurley. Hurley trailed him by 5m to the ball on every lead, he only closed in for a spoil if the kick to buddy was a bit off giving hurley time to close. Carlisle should have been on buddy, and this week would have been perfect to try the old hurley-carlisle switch. Hurley isn't a great forward but leads up to the ball better than carlisle, who is more of a kick it long on top of my head forward. The coaching is letting essendon down at the moment. Nothing on bomber thompson, I think he's great, but I question whether his heart is in it when he knows he won't be in this job next year.
    I don't mind Hurley the forward, one thing he will give you is repeat leads, which I think is the big thing missing in the Bombers forward line right now, the repeat leads also help to create better spacing for others to lead into behind him. I'd say that the Bombers have "lost" by far their two best leading forwards in Hurley and Crameri from last year. Daniher right now is still really a one lead and then sit and wait for a long kick, same as Carlisle, Ryder and TBC, think it's just too much of the same thing (Daniher will get there I think but don't think he has it yet). Think this is another reason why Winderlich and Chapman are such noticeable outs when they miss as they are probably the two best leading targets left.

Do question the Carlisle sub thing, just seems absurd to me to have a guy who basically provides no run as the sub.

I actually missed the first 5-10 minutes but the game was pretty even through the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the major difference was the Swans insanely good kicking at goal and ability to generate set shots.

Thought Hooker did a great job on Tippett for 3 and a half quarters before he dialed it back and let him junk up. Fletcher was a winner on Goodes. Felt like the Swans midfielders were much better defensively as well in that they restricted the Bombers midfielders from kicking goals and the Bombers didn't.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvs1 View Post
    Ouch for JKH owners.
    All coming up wogi

Touch wood but this round has been almost perfect so far (Aylett the exception!).

14. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    I don't mind Hurley the forward, one thing he will give you is repeat leads, which I think is the big thing missing in the Bombers forward line right now, the repeat leads also help to create better spacing for others to lead into behind him. I'd say that the Bombers have "lost" by far their two best leading forwards in Hurley and Crameri from last year. Daniher right now is still really a one lead and then sit and wait for a long kick, same as Carlisle, Ryder and TBC, think it's just too much of the same thing (Daniher will get there I think but don't think he has it yet). Think this is another reason why Winderlich and Chapman are such noticeable outs when they miss as they are probably the two best leading targets left.

Do question the Carlisle sub thing, just seems absurd to me to have a guy who basically provides no run as the sub.

I actually missed the first 5-10 minutes but the game was pretty even through the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the major difference was the Swans insanely good kicking at goal and ability to generate set shots.

Thought Hooker did a great job on Tippett for 3 and a half quarters before he dialed it back and let him junk up. Fletcher was a winner on Goodes. Felt like the Swans midfielders were much better defensively as well in that they restricted the Bombers midfielders from kicking goals and the Bombers didn't.
    Exactly right! Agree with you wholeheartedly (bolded).

Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    All coming up wogi

Touch wood but this round has been almost perfect so far (Aylett the exception!).
    Yeah I've had a blessed rookie run this week as well. Probably because I haven't had a rookie play yet (in SC) but still
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Athomas View Post
    Yeah I've had a blessed rookie run this week as well. Probably because I haven't had a rookie play yet (in SC) but still
    Lol... that certainly can't hurt but know what you mean... basically all the rookies I don't have that are common have been subs or failed and the one I've had put up 100+ (Langdon).