SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Random Sydney Thread

McVeigh the only major blow there, Jack is a solid player but he doesn't do anything that Papley can't do as well while being a much better kick and having more speed to pressure.

Hanners is a genuine blessing, he should never have been recalled after being dropped, he has somehow gotten considerably worse by foot and is even struggling by hand these days, it's actually been a positive that he's forgotten how to find the pill because every time he does is a brutal turnover. Heeney should be back for Hanners, it would be great if Papley could get back for Jack and I'd like Rohan back as well, he doesn't get a lot of ball but his pressure acts are incredible and he's a good target up forward, he's basically a shitty ginger version of what Rioli brought where his best work is without the pill.

Fox should stay in and get the chance in McVeigh's spot, really hope we don't bring Marsh back, again...

Would also love if we'd drop Cunningham but he's probably busy giving Horse a gobber and Horse is probably too busy getting said gobber to come up with a game plan or some structures for the team because I mean who needs those...

****ing Horse. Genuinely would be happy to miss finals this year if you guarantee we get rid of that colossal ****wit.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

2. Likes Wheedus liked this post
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing how a side genuinely bereft of any elite skills can still manage to be in contention for so many seasons. Says a lot about our game.

Gotta say - Wogi rants about Sydney and Horse abuse are highlights of this site for me.
    Proud coach of Big Jenny Talia FFC
    SC 2013 - 11th
    SC 2014
    - 16th
    SC 2015 and beyond - foetal position

"Yonnies in the wind, we're ruggin' up for winter"

4. Likes Hodges, Crow-mo, Narkee liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Wheedus View Post
    It's amazing how a side genuinely bereft of any elite skills can still manage to be in contention for so many seasons. Says a lot about our game.

Gotta say - Wogi rants about Sydney and Horse abuse are highlights of this site for me.
    We're really missing Mills to be fair, he's one of our two elite ball users (McVeigh the other) and it allows teams to really lock us into the defensive half that we for some god forsaken reason seem to think is the better end for the ball to live in.

I just don't understand how a coach looks at our list and decides that giving opponents extra defenders is the way to go, that would work, maybe, if we had a stack of elite ball users who could hit targets around those extra defenders but when you're entire game plan is to kick it long and you're entire structure is to give the opponent loose men it is about as stupid as you can get. Like how moronic do you need to be to think those two ideas are congruent.

Throw in the whole structural setup at stoppages to "control the loss" instead of trying to win and attack from them and it blows my mind, the one area we're clearly elite is a contested midfielders and yet we don't use them to attack. Horse genuinely seems to prefer that the ball be locked in our defensive 50 to launch his ****ing slingshot which dont work anymore because teams just leave the loose defenders we give them in the right spots now and cut it off every time rather than embracing the idea of locking it in the forward half and going from there. Buddy is basically the perfect key forward for forward pressure because he genuinely moves and tackles like a small forward, throw in Rohan being similar and Papley, Ronke, Jack, Hayward, Heeney, Parker and Florent all being elite in this area and it just makes too much sense.

It seems to be the hill that Horse wants to die on, I just wish he'd ****ing hurry up and do it.

I honestly don't remember the last time I watched us and wasn't super frustrated because of Horse's abject stupidity.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With Mills and McVeigh out, teams would do well to consider tagging Lloyd and potentially dramatically restrict ball movement out of the Sydney backline. Not just saying this as I don't have him in my team.