Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Random Sydney Thread

Wonder what they're planning to do with the money?

sydney with cap space have proven to be lethal predators
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He won't come off the cap will he?

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he does, although it might depend on 2018 payout etc but I think at least the base portion of the contract has to count against the cap. Was just looking up his contract and it seems like 2018 was the final year of his contract anyway so maybe it won't make that big a difference going forward as if he had kept playing, it would've been on a significantly reduced salary.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    He won't come off the cap will he?
    he's retired through injury, there will be a settlement at a fixed % through AFLPA regulations. it is a lot less than full whack.
    as he is not on a free agent contract, only the settlement will count against the cap.

Sydney have just got a big cap boost
    TEX WALKER. that is all.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Sucks because he's still our best ruck when he was fit.

Sydney still a quagmire for the rucks. Horse likes to play tall people because they're tall, last year he played Naismith and Sinclair and then used Dean Towers as the backup ruckman.

Honestly, as long as Horse is at the helm it's just impossible to see us winning a flag. We'll be competitive because we've still probably got the best list in the league but we'll get to the finals and a wet paper towel could out coach him.

Ultimately have to think that his contract is the primary reason that Tom Mitchell isn't a Swan, so given he didn't help us win anything in his time here, it's a failure of a signing. Which doesn't really shock anyone because he was never that good to begin with.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    I don't think he does, although it might depend on 2018 payout etc but I think at least the base portion of the contract has to count against the cap. Was just looking up his contract and it seems like 2018 was the final year of his contract anyway so maybe it won't make that big a difference going forward as if he had kept playing, it would've been on a significantly reduced salary.
    Tippett was signed until 2020. He'll get a nice settlement payout of this. Presumably to count in the 2018 cap.

Tippett was ultimately a player whose body never allowed him to play the way he wanted to for long enough. Which is a shame as when he was fit he was one of the most dynamic players in the league.

I'm glad he never won a premiership, but it is sad that he went out due to a degenerative injury.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

This is always the hardest best 22 for me to pick... simply because our coach is an utter ****wit and trying to pick what I think he will pick rather than our actual best 22 breaks my brain, regardless, this is my best attempt to go full retard and pick something like what Horse will try and do. For my sanity I've also included my own personal best 22 of how I would like it to look but you can ignore that one while I pray it comes true.

Horses "best" 22

B - Smith Grundy Mills
    HB Rampe Melican Lloyd
    C - Hannebery Parker Jones
    HF - Heeney Sinclair Reid
    F - Papley Franklin Towers
    R - Naismith Kennedy Jack
    Int - Cunningham McVeigh Hewett Rohan

Next Up - Newman, Cameron, Aliir, Fox, Hayward, Robinson, Florent, Stoddart and Rose but most are close enough.

My best 22

B - Smith Grundy Rampe
    HB - McVeigh Melican Lloyd
    C - Mills Parker Hannebery
    HF - Heeney Franklin Jack
    F - Papley Reid Rohan
    R - Naismith Kennedy Jones
    Int - Hewett, Newman Florent and Stoddart/Hayward

Basically I ditch Sinclair and Towers and get rid of Cunningham, I don't even care who our 2nd ruck is to be honest given Towers wins nothing anyway when he does it and contributes next to nothing up forward and Sinclair is slightly better in the ruck and even worse up forward, both would go for increased speed and even then I still feel too tall with Reid. Cunningham has pictures of Horse who plays him if he's remotely healthy, it's infuriating.

It's worth noting that McVeigh, Grundy, Aliir, Sinclair, Naismith, Hanners and Jones are all under clouds for round 1 at this point so there are plenty of spots.

Stoddart looks the only relevant rookie at this point to me. Injuries will play a huge part in shaping the r1 side though.

8. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    CARLTON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naismith has done his ACL at training. Always crap to hear ACL news.

Does make the Sydney ruck situation very interesting.... Sinclair/Cameron to ruck share? Allir to be moved out of the backline? I would assume the former.
    AFL Twitter --------------------------- This post is SC related--------------------------Movie Twitter

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Horrible news for Naismith.

11. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Poor guy, that is terrible news.

Does put Cameron right in the frame now, guess most will have him as a R3.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sydney have been playing around with Towers as their second ruck and this might force them to go that way unless they think Cameron can hold his own, which based on his efforts on the weekend, I'm not convinced of.

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Shocking news. He's clearly our best ruckman and the only one who is a genuine ruckman and good at it.

Sinclair has a bung ankle from last week and won't play in JLT2 most likely, probably will be touch and go for round 1.

Towers was our R2 last year for the last 6 or so rounds so that's not a new experiment, Longmire has a weird hard-on for KP and ruck sized forwards and tries to pick as many as he can even though Towers and Parker as our R2 was a perfectly fine solution.

Sinclair was playing as a legitimate forward in other words (not a good one but that was his role still) so what will be interesting is whether we go Sinclair to R1 and Towers at R2 and are forced to go smaller (please!) or whether we go Cameron at R1 and keep Sinclair the forward (please no!) or Sinclair as R1 and Cameron as a forward and R2 (again, please no!).

Aliir also hurt an ankle last week and didn't ruck at all prior to that as he was in defense.

Personally I think I'd like to try Cameron and see what we have, if he's no good then we can try Aliir and if he's no good then we can go with Sinclair who we know is below average.

My guess though is Sinclair will be R1 if he's fit and we'll go from there but Cameron will be every chance of early games and could even be the R1.

Makes this JLT game the ultimate audition, will be Cameron on his own so if he can have a big game he could get himself a chance, remember he was going to play in round 1 last year before his shoulder injury so Longmire obviously rates him (not that that is generally a positive given his other favourites are pretty much all complete spuds).

Cameron just became a super viable R3 though for fantasy whether he plays round one or not, Sinclair has a long list of injuries but has had a ton of foot and ankle issues so he's a good chance to miss games even if he starts as the ruckman.

15. Likes Bunga liked this post
    Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sydney: Dean Towers to provide Ruck support to Callum Sinclair, then becomes another midfielder around the contest - Luke Parker via @SENNews
    As suspected, so no Cameron round 1.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

17. Likes Athomas liked this post
    Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    As suspected, so no Cameron round 1.
    In before Cameron as a KPF... Which is what we did last year with Naismith at R1 and Towers as R2 while Sinclair played forward.

It really is a shame that Sinclair somehow didn't get R/F status this year, he'd actually be a sneaky option as a forward pick and of course would bring Ryder into play, alas for some reason a guy who spent considerably more time forward than rucking last year wasn't worth of FWD status!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

McVeigh to miss 6 weeks, Hanners 3 weeks, K.Jack might be available for next week.