Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Random GWS thread

That suggests no late changes for tonight's game.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach hendo8888's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could always be late changes between the 2 teams.
    This post was more than likely SC based.
    If in doubt, assume it was.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Veteran Giants power back - James Dampney
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx
    GREATER Western Sydney veterans Dean Brogan and Luke Power will return from injury in a practice match against the Sydney Swans reserves on Friday in a major boost ahead of next week's clash with North Melbourne.

It will be Brogan's first appearance in the orange and charcoal following his switch from Port Adelaide, with the ruckman sitting out the entire pre-season with bulging discs in his back.

Power has been sidelined for a month with a hamstring injury and the Giants co-captain will also return tomorrow in the scratch match in Blacktown.

With both sides having a bye this week after kicking off the AFL season last Saturday, the match has been organised to assist some players returning from injury, plus those pushing for senior selection.

Highly-rated young Giants Adam Treloar and Matthew Buntine will also play, while defender Tony Armstrong will don the Swans colours for the first time since his switch from Adelaide late last year.

Following 174 matches with Port, Brogan is excited to play his first game for his new club, when he will face Swans ruckman Mark Seaby.

"I just want to get through and get a bit of fitness and put my hand up for next week," Brogan told AFL.com.au.

"I'm not looking to set the world on fire tomorrow, just get through and then hit the track next week and get ready for North Melbourne.

"It's going to be a good hit-out for me going up against [Seaby].

"Instead of going up against an 18-year-old who is finding his way, I get to practice against a very established player, so I'm looking forward to it."

In Brogan's absence, former Port stable-mate Jonathan Giles has been performing admirably in the ruck.

But the Giants' next two opponents - the Kangaroos in Hobart and West Coast in Blacktown - boast formidable ruck duos.

So Brogan wants to get himself ready to help Giles against North's Todd Goldstein and Hamish McIntosh and Eagles tandem Nic Naitanui and Dean Cox.

"The body is good so I'm going to have a bit of a run around," Brogan said.

"I've got a couple of bulging discs that flared up about a month ago, so I didn't do anything for a couple of weeks, but the last two weeks I've been doing a lot of conditioning.

"Gilesy's been going well in the ruck, so there's been no rush to get back.

"But now we've got a couple of big games with some teams that play two rucks, so there's a bit of urgency to get back and hopefully get selected."

The Swans will also have an experienced line-up, including Seaby, Jarred Moore and Trent Dennis-Lane.

After pre-season knee and thigh problems, Armstrong can't wait to represent the club he supported as a child for the first time.

"I'm pretty keen to get out there and have a run," he said.

"It's been a pretty tough pre-season so it's good to put that behind me and have a kick of the footy.

"All the guys will be out there pushing to try to play seniors. Hopefully everyone has a red-hot crack, because I certainly will be."
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx

that's not great at all, would have been nice if he needed another week before coming back

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

- Hope Redden plays well v saints this weekend, maybe a better option at R2.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

After I've locked in the 3rr it all begins to fall apart...

Bleh.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

FFC Leadership Group bomberboy0618's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all. Redden should more than hold his own. I would start him over Giles.
    Year of the Dalhaus.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Young talent's timely return - James Dampney

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...0/default.aspx
    SEVERAL of Greater Western Sydney's stable of young talent, including No. 5 draft pick Matthew Buntine, returned from injury in Friday's practice match against the Sydney Swans reserves in Blacktown.

Swans utility Brett Meredith took a knock to the knee in the game, but officials were confident he hadn't suffered any damage in his side's 15.3 (93) to 9.13 (67) victory.

With both the Giants and Swans having a bye this weekend, the match was organised to allow some players to return from injury and others to push for senior selection.

GWS co-captain Luke Power and veteran ruckman Dean Brogan both got through unscathed following pre-season injuries, but it was the youngsters that encouraged the coaching staff.

Adam Treloar made a comeback from a foot problem, while Buntine and Taylor Adams - pick No. 13 in last year's NAB AFL Draft - played their first games for the Giants.

Tall defender Buntine shook off a pre-season shin problem and tough midfielder Adams overcame a back injury to add to the Giants' burgeoning array of young talent.

Straight kicking from the Swans and a dominant second term set up the victory, but GWS took plenty of positives from the hit-out.

"Today was good for us," Giants assistant coach Stuart Edge told AFL.com.au.

"The Swans were pretty sharp early and in the end kicked 15.3, so they made the most of their chances.

"But as well as a couple of our older guys going around, we got to have a look at some of our draftees who hadn't played in the pre-season and we're excited about some of them.

"It was terrific to see Buntine and Taylor Adams going around, both early draft picks, they were really positive."

"Adam Treloar started particularly well, as did Dylan Shiel. Overall it was well worthwhile."

Brogan survived his first match for his new club, with Power showing he had recovered from a hamstring injury.

If both can get through a week of training they should provide some badly-needed grunt and experience when the Giants take on North Melbourne in Hobart in round two.

The Swans also found the match beneficial, with Mark Seaby, Tommy Walsh and Jesse White all having their moments as they try to force a way into the senior team.

Dan Hannebery and Harry Cunningham also had a run ahead of next week's clash with Fremantle at the SCG.

Reserves coach Jared Crouch said the Giants had a different look from the side that lost to the Swans by 63 points in round one.

“It was different to last week," Crouch said.

"GWS had some senior players coming back from injury in Luke Power and Dead Brogan, who are two premiership players.

"They also played Dylan Shiel, Jack Hombsch and Dom Tyson.

“It was really good for our young players to get a contest against senior AFL players. "
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...0/default.aspx

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we will find out a bit more about GWS next week with Power and Brogan back in. Where do we think Power will play - HFF or HBF? HFF is the obvious one given they need a bit more oomph forward of centre and so Nathan Wilson might find himself on the outer. If Power plays off HBF, it could hurt Bugg and/or Kennedy.
    #teamANB

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

reports through the summer suggested he was training to play at half-back. Certainly will be interesting to see what happens next week if that is the case. Kennedy could find himself playing forward, although will probably remain down back.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Scully back after Folau blow
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...4/default.aspx
    Scully is set to play his first game for the Giants, having recovered from a slight depressed fracture of his cheekbone from an errant clash of heads with Folau in their final NAB Cup match against Richmond three weeks ago.

The Giants are set for a significant boost in experience to take on the Kangaroos, with Scully, Luke Power and Dean Brogan all pushing for selection.

GWS was lacking some veteran bodies when it went down to the Swans by 63 points, but 32-year-old Power - who has been sidelined for four weeks with a hamstring injury - says he is ready to return to the fray.

"It's just exciting. It's just the next phase of my life," Power said.

"It's a great next step for me and something I'm looking forward to.

"It'll be nice to get out there and give a bit of direction and help the guys.
    http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...4/default.aspx

Looks like there are going to be quite a few changes this week at GWS - McDonald the only definate out, anxious time for those who have loaded up on the GWS rookies.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

FFC Runner
    Team
    HAWTHORN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What concerns me ie Ellis , Morris, (Tigers )and some Suns and GWS players it doesnt seem fair to them to be dropped ( if they are ) after 1 or 2 games .To build a team you must have faith in these types of players so your club/team can be a future Grand Final team.These kids can play , they just need exposure to the big league.
    I have some of those players but i can cover for them .Their coaches just have to have patience

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

UWS Giants squad for NEAFL round 4

B S Frost J Bruce S Darley
    HB M Buntine M Whiley T Golds
    C W Hoskin-Elliott A Miles S Edwards
    HF L Sumner T Downie N Wilson
    F R Cooyou A Phillips G Ugle
    Rucks S O’Hailpin T Adams S Reid
    Inter. (from) T Segrave S Schulz I Folau C Hampton J Townsend M Eastman C Moller L Harper

Last week all those on the extended bench for the AFL team that were named on the ground for the NEAFL team played in the NEAFL.

If that continues then the AFL bench is likely to be Treloar (not named at all for the NEAFL team so looks odds on to debut), Folau, Hampton, Townsend. Pretty much as expected.

With Sumner, Edwards and Hoskin-Elliott not making the cut.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well spotted PVC.

Team
    MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like