Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: pvcyclone's Mock Draft

Seen a few link Waldhunter to the Crows with pick 27 and sounds like the sort of player we need. I wonder whether Grigg is a chance to fall futher down the draft the closer we get as there are a number of question marks on him with his room to improve. Would love to see him drop to #27 although I think that might be wishful thinking on my behalf.

Great work on the Crows picks (and the whole mock draft), I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for 2 KP players in this draft with the amount we have already lost.

I take it you see Pfeiffer going in the rookie draft? Also, out of interest, can you see anyone having a shot at Coad (in any of the drafts) or do you think his AFL career is pretty much over after his short stint with GC?

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Seen a few link Waldhunter to the Crows with pick 27 and sounds like the sort of player we need. I wonder whether Grigg is a chance to fall futher down the draft the closer we get as there are a number of question marks on him with his room to improve. Would love to see him drop to #27 although I think that might be wishful thinking on my behalf.

Great work on the Crows picks (and the whole mock draft), I wouldn't be surprised to see us go for 2 KP players in this draft with the amount we have already lost.

I take it you see Pfeiffer going in the rookie draft? Also, out of interest, can you see anyone having a shot at Coad (in any of the drafts) or do you think his AFL career is pretty much over after his short stint with GC?
    yeah i think Grigg might struggle to fall that far... small chance though, GWS may pick some guys higher than expected which will could throw the draft wide open..

Due to the small number of players in the draft, there are still quite a few good guys left for the psd and rookie drafts. I think if Pfeiffer gets another go, it will be at one of the SA clubs so even if both clubs were interested they could leave till the psd or rookie. I think his performances warrant another go, but at the moment i haven't heard of much interest so we will see what happens.

I doubt Coad would get another chance, not because he isn't good enough but because he has significant question marks on whether his body will hold up.

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What a disgrace
    Zach Tuohy my boy for 2017!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    i know right... i love how the guy who posted it thought i was never going to see it...

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some people ..... You really have to wonder sometimes.

That clown surely gets red carded
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

after hearing Axel was to update his mock i thought i should do the same with my own, so have updated the OP, Grigg slips to 27 @dylan123 so looks like you could be right on the money with that one.... big movers would be Tomlinson and Haynes. who are both now top 15.

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

pvc do you know much about Hunter, and do you think this will change how the dogs will draft in 2012? I think Witts will surprise a few in 2012, he has been training at ESP and is going to be a beast.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvcyclone View Post
    after hearing Axel was to update his mock i thought i should do the same with my own, so have updated the OP, Grigg slips to 27 @dylan123 so looks like you could be right on the money with that one.... big movers would be Tomlinson and Haynes. who are both now top 15.
    Yeah Grigg continues to fall in the mock drafts, will be interesting to see exactly where he goes in the actual draft. Should be able to slot into a weaker sides best 22 (if a few injuries go his way) and hold his own and look alright but I think the issue is whether there is much room for development left in him.

*I haven't seen him play, this is only going from what I've seen a number of people post about him*

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by porky View Post
    pvc do you know much about Hunter, and do you think this will change how the dogs will draft in 2012? I think Witts will surprise a few in 2012, he has been training at ESP and is going to be a beast.
    don't know a huge amount about the guy, have seen him play a couple of times for the Jets playing mostly half-forward. It's hard to tell with underage players though because he could easily have a growth spurt or have a good off-season and move into the midfield so at this stage he would appear to be draftworthy, but it will be based on his 2012 whether he is a first round fs, second round fs or last pick in the draft fs. As a medium sized player i wouldn't think it would influence drafting patterns too much as plenty of your forwards are relatively versatile.

I think Witts will be pretty solid next year but physically he is fully developed so only time will tell how much he can develop his football, it is a pretty unique situation for a ruck but his performances in the VFL were promising.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

pvcyclone, pick 6 is Port's not GWS so need to edit.

Love your WCE picks - Lockyer is ideal I think for us, Nelson at 28 I would be very happy with although the mail is we are very keen on Murray Newman.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Hawks get Spurr at pick 82 that will be a great get! I hope if he is still there at our pick 64 we consider him, heard some very impressive things for him (you being one of the people that has talked him up).

Not sure whether you have got through redoing your whole mock draft since the trades or not but notice a couple of errors:
    #41 is Adel not Syd
    #63 is WCE not Adel

And from 72 onwards its mostly off from quick looks (draft order: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...1/default.aspx)

Not long now to the draft, can't wait!

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

...fixed.