SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: 2011 NAB AFL Draft Combine Results

Similar body shape and athletic capabilities, less talent.
    Cool, any idea where teams are looking at him in the draft? Also is he a lefty?
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

What was Mitchell Griggs like this week at the combine? I have been reading up about him and seems like a hard working inside midfielder - similar to Hayes where he lacks pace, I like the sound of him and he is a good ball user.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Whats the word on Hill, I hadn't heard a peep about him, is he similar to his brother or what?
    Shorter, harder at the ball but skills aren't as good. I'd say he will definitely get picked up in the draft after his combine results, 30-50 range.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    710 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    What was Mitchell Griggs like this week at the combine? I have been reading up about him and seems like a hard working inside midfielder - similar to Hayes where he lacks pace, I like the sound of him and he is a good ball user.
    3.19sec for 20m sprint. Average is 3.03, not quick but is not disastrous. Steele Sidebottom recorded a 3.25 at the combine in '08. Not sure if he already has one but a sprint coach could do wonders. Ben Jacobs got one last year and improved dramatically.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was looking through an old thread and this made me take notice on the 2010 Draft combine with 2 players in Harvey and Kersten. There has been talk on the Geelong board that Kersten could make his debut for Geelong in 2012 season but its only abit of discussion but it makes you wonder why he didn't get picked up in the last draft but was picked up by Geelong in this draft. I think Kersten could fit in nicely on the Geelong forward line if a chance arose for him - Would be fighting for Stokes, Menzel who will be out for most of the season in 2012 and Geelong isn't afraid to inject youth so they play their role in the team.

Harvey I think was injured and couldn't crack it into Brisbanes team - maybe @Axel. might know more about him but seems he could add some nice speed to the Lions not that they lack it - though could be the perfect sub if he was ready in 2012.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kersten is a key forward, the blight on him was a little undersized at 191cm, he does weigh 92Kgs though.

He is strong on the lead and solid overhead mark. Kicked 15 goals in five matches WA in the championships.

He is a very long accurate kick. Channel 7 over here in Perth showed vision of him leading upto the draft kicking the footy over 60 metres with ease using a drop punt.
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kersten was only eligible to be one of GWS' 12 players at the 2010 draft that they could take as underage players last year, as he was born in March 1993 and GWS nominated him as one of the group of players they wanted to take part in draft camp last year.

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post

I was looking through an old thread and this made me take notice on the 2010 Draft combine with 2 players in Harvey and Kersten. There has been talk on the Geelong board that Kersten could make his debut for Geelong in 2012 season but its only abit of discussion but it makes you wonder why he didn't get picked up in the last draft but was picked up by Geelong in this draft. I think Kersten could fit in nicely on the Geelong forward line if a chance arose for him - Would be fighting for Stokes, Menzel who will be out for most of the season in 2012 and Geelong isn't afraid to inject youth so they play their role in the team.

Harvey I think was injured and couldn't crack it into Brisbanes team - maybe @Axel. might know more about him but seems he could add some nice speed to the Lions not that they lack it - though could be the perfect sub if he was ready in 2012.
    Kersten wasn't able to be picked up last year (not including GWS 17 y/o).

Harvey has been playing as a shut down defender for most of last year in the QAFL. Think they're trying to develop the defensive part of his game and he has done well in a few games. Pretty sure for a few games he has been used as a full back.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cheers @Axel.