ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Trade Talk

Quote Originally Posted by russea View Post
    Personally I don't think a Maric is the solution to Port/Richmonds ruck problems, but you being a crows supporter would know more about him than me.
    He would effectively be a placeholder until their younger rucks come through.

He is a solid ruckman although he'll never be elite, would come relatively cheap as well. More of an option for Port as I doubt they have the pulling power to lure someone over.

Was 7th in the league for hit outs last year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by russea View Post
    And I have come quite attached to Masten after his great game on the weekend! I might keep it
    Oh I have MOD powers, but I've never been tempted to abuse them... until now
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Senior Assistant Coach russea's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeta Olly View Post
    Not even a trollface can save that post.
    Hopefully, the new avatar earns some respect back (despite it being very poorly done one paint )
    Bellchambers 2013.

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm seriously surprised there's so much interest for Clark considering he was done sfa after his one good year in the ruck. Looks like clubs will pay overs for him.

Hopefully Brisbane make a play for Josh Thomas from Collingwood, he was one of my favorites in that draft (not including Bartlett) and hasn't make his debut yet after a very solid year in the reserves. He's a local boy too.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    I'm seriously surprised there's so much interest for Clark considering he was done sfa after his one good year in the ruck. Looks like clubs will pay overs for him.

Hopefully Brisbane make a play for Josh Thomas from Collingwood, he was one of my favorites in that draft (not including Bartlett) and hasn't make his debut yet after a very solid year in the reserves. He's a local boy too.
    You will always have to pay overs for a young KP/Ruckman, as potential and development plays a huge factor.

Josh Thomas is interesting, IIRC was the only QLD dratee in that year to enter the national draft, as the rest had already been recruited by GC. Has always had big raps around him, not easy breaking into the Pies side I suppose.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster

That might imply that Thomas wanted to get out of Queensland then? Or didnt Gold Coast try and recruit him? Even if he initially wanted to leave the state, that can quickly change after a long year away from what you're used to.

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    You will always have to pay overs for a young KP/Ruckman, as potential and development plays a huge factor.

Josh Thomas is interesting, IIRC was the only QLD dratee in that year to enter the national draft, as the rest had already been recruited by GC. Has always had big raps around him, not easy breaking into the Pies side I suppose.
    Yeah true. He does seems extremely lazy though and could become another top ten pick not playing to his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    That might imply that Thomas wanted to get out of Queensland then? Or didnt Gold Coast try and recruit him? Even if he initially wanted to leave the state, that can quickly change after a long year away from what you're used to.
    No idea if he wants to leave, just know he'd get more opportunity with than Collingwood. They've played a lot of rookies this year but Thomas isn't one of them.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Yeah GC wanted him, but he opted for the draft.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...8/default.aspx

FREMANTLE coach Mark Harvey says his club will be fearless at the trade table this year as it looks to rebound from a disappointing season, refusing to rule out a potential move to recruit sacked Brisbane Lions forward Brendan Fevola.
    "It's an interesting choice, isn't it? He's playing quite well," Harvey told 6PR.

"I see on the weekend he played really well against Jamison for a half.

"I guess that'll open the eyes up of some of the AFL clubs, but we’ve had no discussion about Brendan at this stage."

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't look like much really, god I hope we don't go down that road.

FFC Senior Assistant Coach Jonny27's Avatar
    Team
    GEELONG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brisbane can't want Thomas too much given that they passed on him at 73 for Jesse O'Brien which allowed Collingwood to take him with pick 75?

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

I'm seriously surprised there's so much interest for Clark considering he was done sfa after his one good year in the ruck. Looks like clubs will pay overs for him
    Surprises me a bit too but I guess guys who can move like him at his size are pretty damn rare. That said, his only good season came as a ruckman and all the reports that come out on him are that he doesn't really like rucking. As a forward he has been decidedly average.

You'll upset Favs if you keep talking about stealing Thomas by the way Axel. He is his boy from memory
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    WESTERN BULLDOGS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reminds me of the Lindsay Gaze quote; "If you're small, you have 3 minutes to show me you can play, if you're tall, you have 3 years to show me you can't"

Team
    BRISBANE LIONS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_29 View Post
    Doesn't look like much really, god I hope we don't go down that road.
    Would be hilarious if you got both Clark and Fev. Fev is still on our list so a club would have to cough up a draft pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny27 View Post
    Brisbane can't want Thomas too much given that they passed on him at 73 for Jesse O'Brien which allowed Collingwood to take him with pick 75?
    Brisbane probably rated O'Brien higher at that stage, he seems to be working out so far so us. Thomas is also a much better player now than what he was two years ago. Collingwood do develop well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Surprises me a bit too but I guess guys who can move like him at his size are pretty damn rare. That said, his only good season came as a ruckman and all the reports that come out on him are that he doesn't really like rucking. As a forward he has been decidedly average.

You'll upset Favs if you keep talking about stealing Thomas by the way Axel. He is his boy from memory
    Haha i'll try to cut back on him.

Team
    COLLINGWOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Would be hilarious if you got both Clark and Fev. Fev is still on our list so a club would have to cough up a draft pick for him.
    Isn't his contract expired or been severed? Pretty sure he is just able to put in a price and nominate himself for the draft.
    The eBert era is over

FFC Senior Assistant Coach His_Holiness's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert1 View Post
    Isn't his contract expired or been severed? Pretty sure he is just able to put in a price and nominate himself for the draft.
    That's exactly what Fev will do if he wants to return to the AFL. Pretty sure Brisbane have no grounds to demand anything for him.
    Twitter: His_Holiness15